Atheist Delusion

Atheist Delusion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
I don't see how someone who is dead and gone - whose existence has ended - would sense things like "cold", how they would perceive what was and wasn't "empty", and how they could possibly be aware of "eternity". Do you have any evidence that dead people can sense/perceive/be aware of such things?
"I don't see..."

I know.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by apathist
The whole god thing has no foundation. You kids are stupid.
The foundation is creation. You just haven't noticed that yet.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by JS357
"That's why atheism is a delusion, because it denies what is in the face of overwhelming evidence, and has the obtuse idea that it can deny the existence of a creator without a shred of evidence. "

Well I don't see this overwhelming evidence for either denial or affirmation of a creator existing, so maybe I'll only take it half-personally.
Just look at it all. It was created. It's the only rational answer.

Cape Town

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by josephw
It it was a rational answer you would be able to explain it rationally. Instead you have resorted to calling anyone that disagrees liars and delusional and pretending that the answer is obvious to us and we are lying to ourselves.

rational:
based on or in accordance with reason or logic.

So, provide the reasoning and / or logic that lead you to the conclusion.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Mar 17

So if it was created, then have your sociopathic god tell me personally. Humans telling me about god, a joke.

P

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by apathist
Chemistry actually exists.
yes that is partly what i meant by sub-structure. I have read in Popular Science how some work in cloning has been able to change the outcome of the original host. How far they take it is any ones guess.

Here again though it is a man made process.

F

Moves
07 Mar 17

[b]"I don't see..."

I know.[/b]
And I knew that you'd see the question and sidestep it.

Moves
07 Mar 17

[b]"I don't see..."

I know.[/b]
Cute.

F

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by josephw to JS357
Atheism is a mental disorder, the product of a disturbed mind.
Did this kind of rhetoric convince you of Dasa's religious beliefs when he used it?

F

Moves
07 Mar 17

Why don't you be honest and admit you're trying to live in a vacuum, void of the very essence of life itself, with an empty, cold and lifeless eternity just one heartbeat away.
Do you have any evidence to show how dead people can sense things like "cold", how they can perceive what is and isn't "empty", and how they can possibly be aware of "eternity"?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Did this kind of rhetoric convince you of Dasa's religious beliefs when he used it?
Don't worry, as a mental health professional I can confirm that atheism isn't a ' mental disorder, the product of a disturbed mind.' - Indeed, it has been my pleasure to know many atheists and theists who are extremely intelligent and honest and who are not in the slightest deluded about their belief or disbelief.

In contrast however there may indeed be a case for diagnosis of a mental disorder in a person who is unable to accept people do not believe what they believe, so must therefore be lying or deluded. I would probably prescribe such a person medication and refer to a therapist. - I view Joseph no differently than a client who insists snakes are coming out of the wallpaper, and accuses me of lying when I say i can not see them.

Infidel

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
lol.
(sure you didn't get that from Family Guy ? )
No, I stole it from Matt Dillahunty.

I think there's a version of this episode on Youtube with better audio quality, but I couldn't find it.

Infidel

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Do you subscribe to the idea that (if) we cross off what seems clearly untrue or very likely to be untrue then try to work with what is left? What could be possible?

There's a term for this but I can't for the life of me think of it right now
Not entirely sure what you mean here.

With regards to the idea that a creator made the universe I like to apply Occam's razor to counter that proposal. Maybe that's what you are talking about?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by Great King Rat
No, I stole it from Matt Dillahunty.

[youtube]rJg9JZvfEJY[/youtube]

I think there's a version of this episode on Youtube with better audio quality, but I couldn't find it.
nice, thanks. got to like 16mins into that.
If he did get it from Family Guy at least he put his own spin on it where as in the FG version its a white bearded white robed god-like dude who farts....

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Not entirely sure what you mean here.

With regards to the idea that a creator made the universe I like to apply Occam's razor to counter that proposal. Maybe that's what you are talking about?
That video actually touched on it.

I thinks he was saying things like "how the supernatural must be demonstrably possible,not just like anythings possible " ...
Err... brain not working today either. I apologize.