Atheist Delusion

Atheist Delusion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Consider the following two statements.

All that exists is evidence for a creator.

All that exists is evidence for there being no creator.

Which statement is irrational?
They are both irrational. Neither has been supported by either reason or logic. They are nothing more than assertions.

Suggestion: look up the meaning of the word 'rational' before you use it again.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Mar 17
1 edit

But not 100%?
Not directly.
He has stated he believes one thing very clearly.
You have claimed that he believes another thing.
Indirectly that means you are claiming that he lied ie you are claiming he believes something contrary to what he has clearly stated he believes.

F

Moves
12 Mar 17

I cannot remember calling anyone a liar except to say, as a general statement, that atheists are lying to themselves.
So none of them are lying to you?

Cape Town

Moves
12 Mar 17

Think and believe what you will.
How do I do that when you keep telling me what I believe? (despite it being contrary to what I think I believe)

Moves
12 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
Using "evidence" as a verb ~ is that an American English kind of thing?
Could be. 🙂

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Mar 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
How do I do that when you keep telling me what I believe? (despite it being contrary to what I think I believe)
I didn't tell you what you believe. You told yourself that. I only told you that what you believe is a delusion, specifically about the existence of a creator.

Cape Town

Moves
13 Mar 17

I didn't tell you what you believe.
Yes you did.

I only told you that what you believe is a delusion, specifically about the existence of a creator.
What you said was that I was lying to myself and I believe in God. You did tell me what I believe.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Mar 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
Yes you did.

[b]I only told you that what you believe is a delusion, specifically about the existence of a creator.

What you said was that I was lying to myself and I believe in God. You did tell me what I believe.[/b]
Yes, I did say atheists were lying to themselves. No, I did not call anyone a liar.

No, I did not say atheists believe in God, but I did say they know there is a creator.

F

Moves
13 Mar 17

Yes, I did say atheists were lying to themselves. No, I did not call anyone a liar.

No, I did not say atheists believe in God, but I did say they know there is a creator.
So you started this thread to assert that people like twhitehead are dishonest, have a mental disorder, and have disturbed minds. What outcome are you hoping for from all this?

Cape Town

Moves
13 Mar 17

If you say someone is lying, you are calling them a liar.

Same thing.

You are in denial.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What outcome are you hoping for from all this?
Well, I guess you could say I was hoping for an honest and open discussion about the delusional idea of believing there is no creator God responsible for all that exists, but as usual that ain't gonna happen.

When I make the assertion that all that exists is the evidence for a creator God, and assert that ...[text shortened]... o support that claim.

Until now all I hear are unfounded ad hominem attacks and personal insults.

F

Moves
13 Mar 17

Oh the irony.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
Oh the irony.
Run and hide.

F

Moves
13 Mar 17

Run and hide.
I made a counter assertion - for the sake or the discussion - but you basically sidestepped it and said something silly instead about a "flying spaghetti monster". You are the one who seems to be hiding behind slurs about "mental disorders" and "disturbed minds".

Cape Town

Moves
13 Mar 17

Well, I guess you could say I was hoping for an honest and open discussion
If you want an honest and open discussion you have to start by being honest and open yourself.

When I make the assertion that all that exists is the evidence for a creator God,
If you want an honest and open discussion, it would be wise to back up that assertion rather than simply repeating it ad nauseum and pretending it is rational when it isn't.

You either haven't been reading the responses, or you are lying.