1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 17:38
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    You're debating relavancy now, which is totally dependent on your point of view. To a bible thumper his bible verses are always relevant.

If I'm discussing how many miles one could walk on the sabbath, your oppinion on athiesm would not be required and is totally irrelavant. Just as you seem to think that a Christians preaching is not relevant to your said argumant.
    That's absurd; someone can't adopt a position that they can say the same thing in ANY SINGLE THREAD and it is always relevant to the topic at hand! There's no point in having seperate threads at all in that case.

Someone's opinion on how many miles one could walk on the Sabbath seems related to their particular religious position. Besides there are numerous threads here where there are detailed discussions of such trivia with little interruption (see the "Infallibility" thread for example). If someone was posting in a ton of threads, "THERE IS NO GOD" I presume they would be modded and quite likely receive a forum ban. Thus, I fail to see the point of your "argument".
  2. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 17:41
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That's absurd; someone can't adopt a position that they can say the same thing in ANY SINGLE THREAD and it is always relevant to the topic at hand! There's no point in having seperate threads at all in that case.

Someone's opinion on how many miles one could walk on the Sabbath seems related to their particular religious position. Besides the ...[text shortened]... modded and quite likely receive a forum ban. Thus, I fail to see the point of your "argument".
    Your understanding was'nt really asked here was it? I just think that this is a form of forum aparthied, and it's not felling equal at all. I say open all the debates up to all topics and let people loose. If true debate is sought all oppinions should be explored.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 17:52
    Your understanding was'nt really asked here was it? I just think that this is a form of forum aparthied, and it's not felling equal at all. I say open all the debates up to all topics and let people loose. If true debate is sought all oppinions should be explored.
    If you wanted a thread where everybody just agreed with your position, you should have just stated that otherwise "my" and everybody's else "understanding" was asked for. This debate occurred at the inception of the Spirituality Forum and nothing has been added to it by this thread. Theists still post in Debates so they are not being discriminated against. Stop the crying.
  4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 17:57
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If you wanted a thread where everybody just agreed with your position, you should have just stated that otherwise "my" and everybody's else "understanding" was asked for. This debate occurred at the inception of the Spirituality Forum and nothing has been added to it by this thread. Theists still post in Debates so they are not being discriminated against. Stop the crying.
    Noone is crying here, I asked for info on this subject, and you're not providing. You're just looking for an argument, which I understand is your form of communication. My point as I should have made clearer, is that I don't care if you understand my position or not. I am still going to make my points regardless of your understanding or whether you think them futile.

I paid my dime to speak here same as you so deal with it.
  5. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 17:59
    I've noticed that this forum seems to have a lot of atheist vs Christians going on, I think what we need to do is seperate the two so that there is'nt so much animosity.
    But what would the atheist talk about? Personally, I've had the most interesting discussions with rational atheists. The problem as I see it is not atheism vs. Christianity, it's the trolls against those interested in real dialog.

Trolls come here because they think insulting and abusing people somehow makes the them look smart. Look at me! I can piss people off and make them look bad! Aren't I the coolest troll?!

And while I have tried - I often fail to ignore the trolls. So there must be a bit of troll in me too. I'm a troll for trolls. I love to make the trolls look stupid. It's easy. But I really should refrain from answering a fool.

Pro 26:4-5
    (4) Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him.
    (5) Answer a fool according to his folly, Lest he be wise in his own eyes.
  6. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 18:04
    Originally posted by Coletti
    But what would the atheist talk about? Personally, I've had the most interesting discussions with rational atheists. The problem as I see it is not atheism vs. Christianity, it's the trolls against those interested in real dialog.

Trolls come here because they think insulting and abusing people somehow makes the them look smart. Look at me! I can ...[text shortened]... like him.
    (5) Answer a fool according to his folly, Lest he be wise in his own eyes.
    [/quote]
    This is a good point. The problem does'nt lie in a differing oppinion really but in the callous regard for other's opinions you might say. I don't really think we need an atheist forum, as I don't really think a spirituality forum was ever needed to start with. My point is if the theists are to be seperated, then we could theoretically seperate the athiests by the same token.

This is of course an absurd view.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 18:21
    This is a good point. The problem does'nt lie in a differing oppinion really but in the callous regard for other's opinions you might say. I don't really think we need an atheist forum, as I don't really think a spirituality forum was ever needed to start with. My point is if the theists are to be seperated, then we could theoretically seperate the athiests by the same token.

Since the theists weren't seperated, your present view is just as absurd.
  8. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 18:43
    But what would the atheist talk about?
    Trolls come here because they think insulting and abusing people somehow makes the them look smart. Look at me! I can piss people off and make them look bad! Aren't I the coolest troll?!

In your opinion, is this behaviour strictly relegated to the non-theistic participants of this forum?
  9. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 18:54

I think you've forgotten the reason the God forum was created my dear Nyxie. It was not to separate anyone, it was simply a place for people to argue about religion/spirituality.

Everyone was invited. 🙂
  10. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 18:57
    Originally posted by David C
    [b]Trolls come here because they think insulting and abusing people somehow makes the them look smart. Look at me! I can piss people off and make them look bad! Aren't I the coolest troll?!

In your opinion, is this behaviour strictly relegated to the non-theistic participants of this forum?[/b]
    No. There are some non-theist who are especially un-trollish. But the more trollish a person is, the less likely it is that he is a theist. I.e. the worst trolls tend to be non-theist - but not all non-theist are trolls.
  11. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 18:59
    Originally posted by wib
    I think you've forgotten the reason the God forum was created my dear Nyxie. It was not to separate anyone, it was simply a place for people to argue about religion/spirituality.

Everyone was invited. 🙂
    That was'nt my point at all wib.

Good to see you around though.
  12. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 19:01
    Originally posted by wib

Everyone was invited. 🙂
    I thought it was created because there were some whiners found the religious talk distasteful. They didn't like being forced to read the posts from the 'religious nuts'.
  13. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 19:02
    No. There are some non-theist who are especially un-trollish. But the more trollish a person is, the less likely it is that he is a theist. I.e. the worst trolls tend to be non-theist - but not all non-theist are trolls.
    Are there any situations that would lead you to conclude that a theist...specifically a Christian theist...is as guilty of trolling as say, me?
  14. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 19:07
    That was'nt my point at all wib.

Good to see you around though.
    Ah ok.

Good to see you too. I was wondering where you were?
  15. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 19:09
    Originally posted by David C
    Are there any situations that would lead you to conclude that a theist...specifically a Christian theist...is as guilty of trolling as say, me?
    Sure. I've trolled. I'm guilty of trolling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree