1. Maryland
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 22:09
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    In the mind of God a billion years is less than a nano second!

Life in this creation is actually trillions of years old, but you have to remember that this creation is one creation out of unlimited creations, and the cosmos goes through cycles of annilations and creations eternally.

This particular creation (the current one) has a time span of 311 t ...[text shortened]... t, and since the last partial innihilation, life has been on planet earth for 2.3 billion years.
    You have answered with a lot of blather and babble, but no proof of the existence of a supernatural being. Give me verifiable proof and I will join you as a believer. Give me babble and I stay an atheist.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 22:43
    In the mind of God a billion years is less than a nano second!

Life in this creation is actually trillions of years old, but you have to remember that this creation is one creation out of unlimited creations, and the cosmos goes through cycles of annilations and creations eternally.

This particular creation (the current one) has a time span of 311 t ...[text shortened]... t, and since the last partial innihilation, life has been on planet earth for 2.3 billion years.
    I thought it was 1000 years is like a day. So 1 billion years is 1 million days=2737 years about.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 22:461 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    You have answered with a lot of blather and babble, but no proof of the existence of a supernatural being. Give me verifiable proof and I will join you as a believer. Give me babble and I stay an atheist.
    If you look at the building you are in, then you know there is a builder right?
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 23:26
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I thought it was 1000 years is like a day. So 1 billion years is 1 million days=2737 years about.
    Get your calculator out and mull this over...

Kali-yuga (Iron Age)

Duration - 1,200 demigod years (1000 + 100 sandhya + 100 sandhyamsa)
    or 432,000 human years
    Life span - 100 years (or 50, SB 12.2.11)
    Yuga-dharma - Chanting the Hare Krsna mahamantra (harinama sankirtana)
    Yuga-avatara - golden or yellow but generally black. Lord Caitanya, who is Krsna Himself, appears only in the Kali-yuga immediately following the appearance of Sri Krsna in Dvapara-yuga.

Symptoms of Kali-yuga: "O learned one in the age of Kali, men have but short lives. They are quarrelsome, lazy, misguided, unlucky and above all, always disturbed." (SB 1.1.10)

The four yugas are known as a divya-yuga, or maha-yuga. One divya-yuga is 12,000 years of the demigods (4,320,000 human years). One thousand divya-yugas equals one day of Brahma (4,320,000,000 human years).

In each Brahma's day there are fourteen Manus (patriarchs of mankind). Each Manu enjoys a life of seventy-one divya-yugas or 852,000 years of the demigods (306,720,000 human years). After the dissolution of every Manu a new Manu comes.

With the change of Manu the universal management also changes. Each manvantara is preceded and followed by the yuga-sandhya in length of one Satya-yuga. The yuga-sandhyas are periods of partial devastation and creation.

Also

Each yuga cycle is composed of 4 yugas. The first, the Satya-yuga lasts 4800 years of the demigods. The second, the Treta-yuga, lasts 3600 years of the demigods. The third, the Dvapara-yuga, lasts 2400 years of the demigods. And the fourth, Kali-yuga, lasts 1200 years of the demigods (Bhagavata Purana 3.11.19). Since the demigod year is equivalent to 360 earth years (Bhaktivedanta Swami 1973, p. 102), the lengths of the yugas in earth years are, according to standard Vaishnava commentaries, 432,000 years for the Kali-yuga, 864,000 years for the Dvapara-yuga, 1,296,000 years for the Treta-yuga, and 1,728,000 years for the Satya-yuga. This gives a total of 4,320,000 years for the entire yuga cycle.

One thousand of such cycles, lasting 4,320,000,000 years, comprises one day of Brahma, the demigod who governs this universe. A day of Brahma is also called a kalpa. Each of Brahma's nights lasts a similar period of time. Life is only manifest on earth during the day of Brahma. With the onset of Brahma's night, the entire universe is devastated and plunged into darkness. When another day of Brahma begins, life again becomes manifest.

Each day of Brahma is divided into 14 manvatara periods, each one lasting 71 yuga cycles. Preceding the first and following each manvatara period is a juncture (sandhya) the length of a Satya-yuga (1,728,000) years. Typically, each manvantara period ends with a partial devastation. According to Puranic accounts, we are now in the twenty-eight yuga cycle of the seventh manvatara period of the present day of Brahma.

This would give the inhabited earth an age of 2.3 billion years. Interestingly enough, the oldest undisputed organisms recognised by palaeontologists - algae fossils such as those from the Gunflint formation in Canada - are just about that old (Stewart 1983, p. 30). Altogether, 524 yuga cycles have elapsed since this day of Brahma began. Each yuga cycle involves a progression from a golden age of peace and spiritual progress to a final age of violence and spiritual degradation. At the end of each Kali-yuga, the earth is practically depopulated.
  5. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 23:45
    Knowing that a building has a builder does not prove anything. A building is constructed by a completely different process. They are not comparable to evolution.

We also know that a building has a builder because all our lives we have experienced that builders build buildings and seen them build it. We have never seen a creator create us, so it is a poor analogy.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 23:47
    You have to be qualified to see and know the proof....are you qualified?

The Bhagavad gita says: Cht10 Vs 10

'To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, i give the understanding by which they can come to me."

Can you do this?....do you want to do this?

If you dont want to do this, then dont ask where is the proof, because the proof is in front of your closed eyes, and when your attitude changes and your eyes become open, then you may begin to be qualified.
  7. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 23:54
    You have to be qualified to see and know the proof....are you qualified?

The Bhagavad gita says: Cht10 Vs 10

'To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, i give the understanding by which they can come to me."

Can you do this?....do you want to do this?

If you dont want to do this, then dont ask where is the proof, because the ...[text shortened]... and when your attitude changes and your eyes become open, then you may begin to be qualified.
    Referring to a book which has no independent verification to be correct does not constitute proof. You are also using it as a single source.

It is like saying, "This book is correct. Why is it correct? The book says so."

It is circular logic. You cannot use the book by itself as evidence.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 23:58
    Originally posted by lausey
    Knowing that a building has a builder does not prove anything. A building is constructed by a completely different process. They are not comparable to evolution.

We also know that a building has a builder because all our lives we have experienced that builders build buildings and seen them build it. We have never seen a creator create us, so it is a poor analogy.
    You are the proof and everytime a new egg is fertilzed and a new human is concieved. That is proof right before your eyes....Unbelieveable.
  9. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 00:03
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You are the proof and everytime a new egg is fertilzed and a new human is concieved. That is proof right before your eyes....Unbelieveable.
    No, that is not proof.

Explain to me how exactly that is proof.
  10. Maryland
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 00:15
    If what you say is true, then god required a builder also. By evolution, human beings arised and built buildings. There is no evidence that supernatural beings had anything to do with it.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 00:27
    No, that is not proof.

Explain to me how exactly that is proof.
    No doubt at this point in your life if you don't have the perception to see the miracle in that then there is nothing I can say to wake you up and use the perceptive powers that you do have..So sad for sure.
    For ones to just accept without the concept of a supreme being such a thing as conception and to have a live humanbeing produced from that is beyond blindness.
    Reread the scriptures I posted earlier.....
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 00:36
    If what you say is true, then god required a builder also. By evolution, human beings arised and built buildings. There is no evidence that supernatural beings had anything to do with it.
    If there is a creator it doesn't mean it needs a creator itself.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 00:38
    Jesus was God's "Master Builder". The answers are in the Bible.

John 1:1-3 (Wycliffe New Testament)

John 1
    1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word. [In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]
    2 This was in the beginning at God.

3 All things were made by him, and without him was made nothing [nought], that thing that was made.

Proverbs 8:22-31 (New International Version)

22 “The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works,[a][b]
    before his deeds of old;
    23 I was formed long ages ago,
    at the very beginning, when the world came to be.
    24 When there were no watery depths, I was given birth,
    when there were no springs overflowing with water;
    25 before the mountains were settled in place,
    before the hills, I was given birth,
    26 before he made the world or its fields
    or any of the dust of the earth.
    27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
    when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
    28 when he established the clouds above
    and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
    29 when he gave the sea its boundary
    so the waters would not overstep his command,
    and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
    30 Then I was constantly[c] at his side.
    I was filled with delight day after day,
    rejoicing always in his presence,
    31 rejoicing in his whole world
    and delighting in mankind.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 00:39

No note really. Who built stonehenge?
  15. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 00:52
    No note really. Who built stonehenge?
    Like I said, we are used to buildings being constructed by builders. Stonehenge may well be miraculously generated by some supernatural being, but because of the way we know how buildings are built, we can conclude that stonehenge is built the same way.

Can buildings reproduce with each other to make more buildings?

They aren't compatible to biological specimens. Therefore I still say it is a poor analogy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree