Atheist, n.

Atheist, n.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Nov 10

Originally posted by lausey
Like I said, we are used to buildings being constructed by builders. Stonehenge may well be miraculously generated by some supernatural being, but because of the way we know how buildings are built, we can conclude that stonehenge is built the same way.

Can buildings reproduce with each other to make more buildings?

They aren't compatible to biological specimens. Therefore I still say it is a poor analogy.
That's just weird..Sorry.

Maryland

Moves
21 Nov 10

Originally posted by RBHILL
If there is a creator it doesn't mean it needs a creator itself.
If the creator does not need to be created, then it opens the door that it may be possible that other elements of the universe also don't need a creator. Otherwise you are not being intellectually consistent.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Nov 10

Originally posted by 667joe
If the creator does not need to be created, then it opens the door that it may be possible that other elements of the universe also don't need a creator. Otherwise you are not being intellectually consistent.
If there is the "Creator" and His "Creation" no it does not open the door for
anything else that doesn't need to be created.
Kelly

Maryland

Moves
21 Nov 10

Originally posted by KellyJay
If there is the "Creator" and His "Creation" no it does not open the door for
anything else that doesn't need to be created.
Kelly
Please explain!

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
21 Nov 10
1 edit

Referring to a book which has no independent verification to be correct does not constitute proof. You are also using it as a single source.

It is like saying, "This book is correct. Why is it correct? The book says so."

It is circular logic. You cannot use the book by itself as evidence.
Well then forget books........and just open your eyes, and if you cannot see diversity and every concievable resource for our convenience, complexity, functionality, purpose, beauty, life, consciousness, emotions, feelings, identity, free will, intelligence etc etc.

So to deny God, is to deny these things, because theses things do not create themslves, and you know this.

Show me 10 things that create themselves, without there being a prior cause.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
21 Nov 10
2 edits

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Well then forget books........and just open your eyes, and if you cannot see diversity and every concievable resource for our convenience, complexity, functionality, purpose, beauty, life, consciousness, emotions, feelings, identity, free will, intelligence etc etc.

So to deny God, is to deny these things, because theses things do not create themslves, ...[text shortened]... d you know this.

Show me 10 things that create themselves, without there being a prior cause.
"Well then forget books........and just open your eyes, and if you cannot see diversity and every concievable resource for our convenience, complexity, functionality, purpose, beauty, life, consciousness, emotions, feelings, identity, free will, intelligence etc etc."

Why bother referring to the book then?

Observation of diversity and convenience of resources does not prove a creator.

The reason why things are convenient for us is because the environment had the ideal conditions for us to exist and thrive. It is what caused us to be here. In a vast universe with enough time, there are many combinations of environments where there will eventually be unique conditions for life to generate.

"So to deny God, is to deny these things, because theses things do not create themslves, and you know this."

Just because you cannot comprehend abiogenesis and evolution, does not mean that I cannot.

"Show me 10 things that create themselves, without there being a prior cause."

Does that mean that you will agree that there are things that can create themselves with a prior cause? That is exactly what abiogenesis and evolution is.

It all depends what you mean by "create". When something changes from one form to another, you could say that new form has been "created".

Snowflakes is a good example of a complicated structure that is "created" from a simpler form (i.e. water) just through normal processes which can be explained.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
21 Nov 10

[b]"Well then forget books........and just open your eyes, and if you cannot see diversity and every concievable resource for our convenience, complexity, functionality, purpose, beauty, life, consciousness, emotions, feelings, identity, free will, intelligence etc etc."

Why bother referring to the book then?

Observation of diversity and convenience ...[text shortened]... om a simpler form (i.e. water) just through normal processes which can be explained.[/b]
Abiogenesis and evolution is just a scientific way to say, science has no clue how everthing has occured.

Abiogenesis is really a process where life can take root because the conditions are suitable.....but they dont create life, they only provide the suitable circumstances so life can manifest, because life is all around us (tiny microbes) and when a condition becomes available, the microbes start to colonize.....thats not creating life itself.

The big question is......where does life itself come from, what is life?

Life is a spiritual energy which is conscious and has free will, and is intelligent, and science cannot create life, and biogenesis is just playing with the already existing life in their test tube.

God is the Supreme life, the first life, first cause.....and you are a tiny liitle piece of God in the shape of a little piece of spiritual energy called a soul, and because you are a soul, you are eternal and right now you are stuck in a rotting material body, which you think is you....but its not you, its just a lump of material energy, that will soon pass away and turn into dust. (now you cannot deny that) right.

Snow flakes come about because of certain laws, and those laws are provided by the law maker.

Things can change due to the influence of enviromental conditions, but thats not creation (its change)

And change doesnt mean an ape turned into a human......theres always been apes, and theres has always been humans.

I am stiil waiting for my ant...where is it.

Maryland

Moves
21 Nov 10

Abiogenesis and evolution is just a scientific way to say, science has no clue how everthing has occured.

Abiogenesis is really a process where life can take root because the conditions are suitable.....but they dont create life, they only provide the suitable circumstances so life can manifest, because life is all around us (tiny microbes) and when a ...[text shortened]... ys been apes, and theres has always been humans.

I am stiil waiting for my ant...where is it.
There have not always been apes and humans.Apes and humans, however do have a common ancestor, and this my friend includes you like it or not.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
21 Nov 10

There have not always been apes and humans.Apes and humans, however do have a common ancestor, and this my friend includes you like it or not.
Please read " Forbidden Archeology" and this shall evaporate the myth of the evolution therory.

F

Moves
21 Nov 10

Please read " Forbidden Archeology" and this shall evaporate the myth of the evolution therory.
Your bible "Forbidden Archeology" is full of speculations that can be shown as false very easy. The author believes that there were people on Earth billions of years ago (not trillions, you should know the difference by now, Vishva). And you believe him by the letter, and accuse everyone else not to see the same light as you see. Take the pill, Vishva.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
21 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Your bible "Forbidden Archeology" is full of speculations that can be shown as false very easy. The author believes that there were people on Earth billions of years ago (not trillions, you should know the difference by now, Vishva). And you believe him by the letter, and accuse everyone else not to see the same light as you see. Take the pill, Vishva.
You live in a bubble, and the size of "your" universe is from your back fence to your front fence.........there are many things you are not aware of, and the age of the material creation is one of them.

If you worship science journals and books, you will always remain clueless.

I,ve mentioned many times that the Vedas are the original source of all knowledge about God and life, and Gods creation.

Maryland

Moves
21 Nov 10

You live in a bubble, and the size of "your" universe is from your back fence to your front fence.........there are many things you are not aware of, and the age of the material creation is one of them.

If you worship science journals and books, you will always remain clueless.

I,ve mentioned many times that the Vedas are the original source of all knowledge about God and life, and Gods creation.
Prove it!

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
21 Nov 10

Prove it!
Prove evolution!

Maryland

Moves
21 Nov 10

Prove evolution!
It's been done over and over again. The science is overwhelming. Tell me how you think you got here if not by evolution.

rc

Moves
21 Nov 10
3 edits

It's been done over and over again. The science is overwhelming. Tell me how you think you got here if not by evolution.
muhaha, if its been done over again and again we could produce life from non living matter - newsflash, ummm no it hasn't! you may wish to revise your statement.