Atheists do better at IQ tests

Atheists do better at IQ tests

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Surely all atheists believe God does not exist. Isn’t that an atheist by definition?
Atheists beliefs about reality as different from each other as Christians are different from Muslims from Hindus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Riddle:
How many atheists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Answer:
None. They figure that if they wait long enough it will change itself by accident.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Riddle:
How many atheists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Answer:
None. They figure that if they wait long enough it will change itself by accident.
Riddle:
How many Unitarians: does it take to change a lightbulb?

Answer:
'We choose not to make a statement either in favor of or against the need for a light bulb. However, if in your own journey you have found that light bulbs work for you, you are invited to write a poem or compose a modern dance about your light bulb for the next Sunday service, in which we will explore a number of light bulb traditions, including incandescent, fluorescent, 3-way, long-life and tinted, all of which are equally valid paths to luminescence.'

w

Moves
25 May 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
'Religious people are less intelligent on average than atheists because faith is an instinct and clever people are better at rising above their instincts, researchers have claimed.

The theory — called the 'Intelligence-Mismatch Association Model' — was proposed by a pair of authors who set out to explain why numerous studies over past decades ha ...[text shortened]... /science/atheists-more-intelligent-than-religious-people-faith-instinct-cleverness-a7742766.html
Clever?

Well I never met an atheist who said they did not believe in other life in the universe. After all, the universe is so vast and unknown and how could we be the only life out there?

However, God is completely out of the question? How is God so different from other life forms you believe exist out there? At best, you are an agnostic to other life forms, but you are an atheist towards God?

No, you just hate the God of the Bible is all. That is the rub.

Admit it. It is good for the soul. 😵

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @whodey
Clever?

Well I never met an atheist who said they did not believe in other life in the universe. After all, the universe is so vast and unknown and how could we be the only life out there?

However, God is completely out of the question? How is he different from other life forms you believe exist out there? At best, you are an agnostic to other lif ...[text shortened]... t hate the God of the Bible is all. That is the rub.

Admit it. It is good for the soul. 😵
Yes, I hate things I don't believe in.

Damn unicorns....

w

Moves
25 May 18

Riddle:
How many Unitarians: does it take to change a lightbulb?

Answer:
'We choose not to make a statement either in favor of or against the need for a light bulb. However, if in your own journey you have found that light bulbs work for you, you are invited to write a poem or compose a modern dance about your light bulb for the next Sunday ser ...[text shortened]... fluorescent, 3-way, long-life and tinted, all of which are equally valid paths to luminescence.'
LMAO! 😵

w

Moves
25 May 18

Yes, I hate things I don't believe in.

Damn unicorns....
Yes what?

Do you believe in other life in the universe?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @whodey
Yes what?

Do you believe in other life in the universe?
Of course.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Of course.
Based on what? Probability?

E

Moves
25 May 18

Based on what? Probability?
It is called evolution. If there is a virus or bacteria somewhere there must be intelligent life out there.

If one rejects God and accepts evolution then it is only natural to come to such a conclusion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @eladar
It is called evolution. If there is a virus or bacteria somewhere there must be intelligent life out there.

If one rejects God and accepts evolution then it is only natural to come to such a conclusion.
So based on probability.

BTW, I think the Bible is silent (doesn’t address) whether life exists elsewhere in the universe, so if it does, that hardly disproves the existence of God or invalidates the Bible.

E

Moves
25 May 18

So based on probability.

BTW, I think the Bible is silent (doesn’t address) whether life exists elsewhere in the universe, so if it does, that hardly disproves the existence of God or invalidates the Bible.
It isn't just probability. It is part of their core belief.

But if you think about it, without God everything is just random probability.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @eladar
It isn't just probability. It is part of their core belief.

But if you think about it, without God everything is just random probability.
It’s very interesting how atheists reject the Resurrection of Jesus Christ saying there’s no evidence (when clearly there is,) but believe life exists elsewhere in the universe based on probability (and no evidence.)

BTW, an atheist only has to investigate the odds of everything being just right to support the emergence of life on earth to realize the probability of life existing elsewhere in the universe is much more likely to be improbability.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 18

President Trump would be more than willing to shake your hand, suzianne.

But first you must unclench your first.
He better not, because I would punch him in the throat.

Just sayin'.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 18

Appreciated.

You move a little nearer to Lisa Simpson everyday.
I'm really already there.

This forum is what brings out the Shelley side.