Atheists do better at IQ tests

Atheists do better at IQ tests

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @whodey
Clever?

Well I never met an atheist who said they did not believe in other life in the universe. After all, the universe is so vast and unknown and how could we be the only life out there?

However, God is completely out of the question? How is God so different from other life forms you believe exist out there? At best, you are an agnostic to other ...[text shortened]... t hate the God of the Bible is all. That is the rub.

Admit it. It is good for the soul. 😵
God is supernatural.

I think that's a sticking point for many.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
He better not, because I would punch him in the throat.

Just sayin'.
Good luck with that lol

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
So based on probability.

BTW, I think the Bible is silent (doesn’t address) whether life exists elsewhere in the universe, so if it does, that hardly disproves the existence of God or invalidates the Bible.
I'm fairly certain that other life in the universe doesn't really care about the Bible. Maybe they have their own Bible.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @eladar
It is called evolution. If there is a virus or bacteria somewhere there must be intelligent life out there.

If one rejects God and accepts evolution then it is only natural to come to such a conclusion.
One doesn't have to reject God to believe that evolution is valid.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

I'm fairly certain that other life in the universe doesn't really care about the Bible. Maybe they have their own Bible.
You totally missed my point.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @eladar
It is called evolution. If there is a virus or bacteria somewhere there must be intelligent life out there.

If one rejects God and accepts evolution then it is only natural to come to such a conclusion.
Yes, out of all the trillions of planets in the universe, Earth is the only one that sustains life, and upon it, you Eladar, sitting there on your porch in your polyester cardigan are special and destined for eternal salvation.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 18

You totally missed my point.
Could be, I was replying to Eladar.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

One has to reject the Bible to believe that. And the theory of evolution has significant - and I would argue fatal - flaws that atheists seem to never acknowledge. In a way, the theory of evolution is the atheists’ religion and the Origin of Species is their Bible.

Sick!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Could be, I was replying to Eladar.
Actually, you were replying to my post.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Yes, out of all the trillions of planets in the universe, Earth is the only one that sustains life, and upon it, you Eladar, sitting there on your porch in your polyester cardigan are special and destined for eternal salvation.
Google “Goldilocks zone,” Heartpence. The emergence of life without God is a lot more improbable than you seem to think.

Get smart!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Well, in my own opinion, most so-called Christians (No True Scotsman, anyone?) lose the narrow path when they refuse to love their neighbor as they love themselves.

Again, just sayin'.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
25 May 18

Google “Goldilocks zone,” Heartpence. The emergence of life without God is a lot more improbable than you seem to think.

Get smart!
Post-ante probability arguments are weak sauce, Heartworm.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 18

One has to reject the Bible to believe that. And the theory of evolution has significant - and I would argue fatal - flaws that atheists seem to never acknowledge. In a way, the theory of evolution is the atheists’ religion and the Origin of Species is their Bible.

Sick!
Wrong.

Just wrong.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 May 18

Agreed.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 18
1 edit

Actually, you were replying to my post.
Actually, no, I wasn't, look again.

This is why there is Reply & Quote.

Edit: Actually, you're right. I misread which post *you* were replying to. I'm sorry.