Atheists Haven (Not heaven).

Atheists Haven (Not heaven).

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
The dogma are each person's individual beliefs that they hold fundamental truths for the
whole universe. When people question them, they get just as bent out of shape as the
rest of us, there is nothing special about them in that respect.
No, this is not true by your own definition.

See my previous post.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 May 15

To repeat for clarity sake:
Wikipedia:
Dogma is a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true. It serves as part of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, and it cannot be changed or discarded without affecting the very system's paradigm, or the ideology itself.

You seen reactions of people defending evolution, the age of the universe?
The Ghost is going to sigh again. Here it comes....Sigh.

The Wikipedia definition of dogma only confirms that atheism doesn't meet its requirements. And for clarity, atheism and evolution are not the same thing and can exist quite independently from one another.

Moves
28 May 15
1 edit

To repeat for clarity sake:
Wikipedia:
Dogma is a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true. It serves as part of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, and it cannot be changed or discarded without affecting the very system's paradigm, or the ideology itself.

You seen reactions of people defending evolution, the age of the universe?
Only, evolution is not a set of principles laid down by authorities. Your entire argument just went the way of a...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by C Hess
Only, evolution is not a set of principles laid down by authorities. Your entire argument just went the way of a...

[youtube ...giant baloon deflation]6CTnTi1Lq60[/youtube]
You don't think evolution is given to us by science which is an authority here? Good to
know when speaking to you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The Ghost is going to sigh again. Here it comes....Sigh.

The Wikipedia definition of dogma only confirms that atheism doesn't meet its requirements. And for clarity, atheism and evolution are not the same thing and can exist quite independently from one another.
Atheist defend evolution as if it were a holy text, as I have pointed out they go to get their
stories and they hold to them as if it were a religious experience.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
No, this is not true by your own definition.

See my previous post.
We disagree.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
Dogma is a principle or set of principles [b]laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.

This is not true of ANYTHING in science.

In science facts and theories are established by rigorous and objective analysis of the available evidence.
And they are ALWAYS open to being challenged, modified, rejected, a ...[text shortened]... r to some other
set of methods and philosophies then they will be dropped/changed accordingly.[/b]
On its face yes, you have to realize that in science nothing is true it can all change dues to
the next piece of verifiable data which can alter our perception about it all. Some theories
in people's minds however will not be rejected, and it something causes them to alter it,
it will only be looked at as if just that part is unexplainable, but they know its still true.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 May 15

Atheist defend evolution as if it were a holy text, as I have pointed out they go to get their
stories and they hold to them as if it were a religious experience.
Evolution is not my "holy text" and yet I believe that God used the mechanism of evolution to create, like some sort of clockwork. He wound it up and turned it loose, coming back now and then to give it a nudge or two in the right direction. Time is one thing the early earth had in abundance. 4.5 billion years wasn't just "a colossal waste of time". The earth had to "age" to come to support man and all he's done to its ecosystem.

Evolution is just one of God's tools, and yet the amazing thing is that the majority of either side do not see it that way. I guess they enjoy the fighting over it too much.

D

Moves
28 May 15

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Evolution is not my "holy text" and yet I believe that God used the mechanism of evolution to create, like some sort of clockwork. He wound it up and turned it loose, coming back now and then to give it a nudge or two in the right direction. Time is one thing the early earth had in abundance. 4.5 billion years wasn't just "a colossal waste of time". The ...[text shortened]... jority of either side do not see it that way. I guess they enjoy the fighting over it too much.
I wasn't aware you were an Atheist, besides with all Atheist and all other people we do tend
to defend out personal beliefs quite strongly. No matter how holy you think it is or rubbish
you think the word holy is.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 May 15

I wasn't aware you were an Atheist, besides with all Atheist and all other people we do tend
to defend out personal beliefs quite strongly. No matter how holy you think it is or rubbish
you think the word holy is.
I'm not an atheist.

I believe that was pretty much my entire point.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 May 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
If you think I'm speaking rubbish, just go ahead and say so, instead of engaging in this tiresome "asking a question so I don't seem to be laughing at you too hard" stance, exactly like FMF does.

You know, first off, I'm not a scientist. I speak in colloquialisms. One would think that most people would understand this by now, given how much I've posted here. You're asking the wrong person for 'details'. I'm more of a 'big picture' person. I leave the details up to God, especially details God hasn't seen fit to tell me. Surely you might be able to imagine how an omnipotent being might manipulate evolution to satisfy his own ends. Specific mutations here and there, there's plenty of time to micromanage evolution to create the beings you want to end up with, along with an entire ecosystem in the meantime.

Why don't you make your 'question' further unable to be answered by asking me exactly what dates did God 'nudge' it?

"And why do you believe that God would do that?"

I thought that would be the most obvious part. Because evolution is a tool (you know, like I said). Doesn't a craftsman check their work, even before it is finished? Good ones do.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 May 15

I'm not an atheist.

I believe that was pretty much my entire point.
I knew you were not already Suzianne, sorry for my response. My point still is that those
that call themselves Atheist protect their core views values as everyone else does. They
are no different than anyone else outside of how they label themselves.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 May 15
1 edit

Evolution is not my "holy text" and yet I believe that God used the mechanism of evolution to create, like some sort of clockwork. He wound it up and turned it loose, coming back now and then to give it a nudge or two in the right direction. Time is one thing the early earth had in abundance. 4.5 billion years wasn't just "a colossal waste of time". The ...[text shortened]... jority of either side do not see it that way. I guess they enjoy the fighting over it too much.
God did not use the mechanism of evolution to create. Even evolutionists will tell you that evolution only works on a life form once it has been created. This is actually genetic programming by God, not evolution. 😏

D

Moves
29 May 15
1 edit