1. Montreal
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 01:271 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I just find that you can explain everything in the world without there needing to be one...
    The problem with such responses is they inevitably rely on one of two scenarios:
    1. nature is granted God-like attributes and/or powers;
    2. undefinable occurence(s) are attributed with the same.

Summary: there is just no escaping a God-like person.
    This same could have been argued concerning weather and catastrophes before we understood them.

What many don't realize is that it's "God" who's being granted powers - those of Nature. And He only exists in those little gaps of knowledge we haven't figured out yet.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 02:46
    Originally posted by Ghettosanta
    You have no proof WHATSOEVER of a higher power. You therefore have no proof of god. We, however, HAVE PROOF. WE BELIEVE GOD DOES NOT EXIST and our atheism proves that, with not one thing to tell us there is a god.

Heck, i could go say god told me to write this, and i could lie like that, so how can you prove it.

Science shall prove all.
    Huh? What's got your back up? I'm just pointing out that there is as much evidence for leprechauns or the flying spaghetti monster as there is for God. None whatsoever. People say "look at the evidence, it points to God". They are making a jump by attributing that "evidence" to a specific divine creator, with no evidence that any divine creator exists whatsoever.

Will science one day prove everything? I don't know. I don't think so, there's always more to know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree