1. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 01:26
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Perhaps mostly because atheism is a religion. Another reason could be that they are not neutral about the subject.
    I like your answer I have never heard that before, the neutral part. Hav e agreat day.
  2. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 01:40
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Personally I find keeping a sense of humor a virtue.

But if you want serious:

When I read your post about demons and levitating off your bed I find it laughable. No I do not believe it and quite frankly I find that combined with your response here an indication of your mental instability.

If becoming a follower of Jesus helped you off the ledge th ...[text shortened]... h to follow.

Good luck to you. You can expect irreverant humor from me from time to time.
    I have humor i love to laugh, my joke style, it's similar to Will Farrel's, but yet another insult, my mental instability, wow, I'll even say it backwards, wow. I was not and have never been insane. Life is bigger than your beliefs or own experiences. I responded that way because that was and is my reality. Like I said I have seen someone (tyrone) with my own two eyes, go on to Facebook and his friend Marcus posted on the wall that he was weak at basket ball and could never beat, called him a scrub etc. Tyrone was teased often. So the next day he shot Marcus in face, killed him. I said what I said because you never know a man's breaking point.

It's an attempt to try to make this world we live in more peaceful. I would love to joke but alot folks can't take it. But like I said I love laughter, but you don't know me well enough to make jokes about my personal exp. See that is what changes a persons mood. Me I'm fine, I am speaking from the point of view of someone who might just snap. Subject change go see The Other Guys that joint is F'in hularious
  3. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 01:49
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You know in your heart what your story means to you. If you say it was true then I believe you, why not?
    Now when you say "demon" and when you say"Jesus" you think know what you are talking about?,I'm not so sure. But the energies asccoiated with that experience do sound very transformative🙂

No questions for now🙂
    I told somebody concerning this subject that once I posted what I went through people would think I'm crazy or at least at one point in my life that I was. My only defense is that it was me, I went thru went it. I saw it, although that makes me the only witness. If it means anything I wouldnt have put this out there if it didn't happen. I was aware of the questions and comments that I would recieve. Yours was more mild so thank you. I've always been of sound mind, never done drugs, don't drink, practice martial arts for 16 years now to keep the mind and body sharp. Still I admit it sounds made up, but thats my testimony. Thank you for being respectful, if you were here I would shake your hand.
  4. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 01:53
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Why was that necessarily an insult?
    Sorry thought you were someone I put that on the wrong post. I have been getting tons of insults. Tweather is hot I like the fact that is cooling 70 is get for me
  5. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 02:01
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Hey, we're neighbors! I'm in Seattle. How'd you like the heat the past few days?
    The heat is finally cooling off and Im happy about it, I like the mid to lower 70's at my job I wear 3 piece suits, so when its heat, Im burning. How about you?
  6. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 02:07
    Originally posted by realeyez
    Sorry thought you were someone I put that on the wrong post. I have been getting tons of insults. Tweather is hot I like the fact that is cooling 70 is get for me
    Crap I did it again I commented on the weather I thought I was talking to Most Holy their in Seattle, I live close by
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 02:08
    The heat is finally cooling off and Im happy about it, I like the mid to lower 70's at my job I wear 3 piece suits, so when its heat, Im burning. How about you?
    I've been helping a buddy remodel a new cafe up in the Central District. Sanding, finishing, painting, etc. No air conditioning, but beers on ice and beautiful ladies heading down to Madison Beach, so no complaints. Glad it's over for a bit, though. Us locals can only take it for few days straight. Three-piece suits? Man, I feel for you.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 02:29
    Originally posted by duecer
    I've learned more from the atheist's in this forum than any of the theists
    Unsurprised.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 02:55
    Originally posted by gambit3

Perhaps mostly because atheism is a religion. Another reason could be that they are not neutral about the subject.
    Categorical Bingo! Christianity happens to be a relationship.
  10. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 03:37
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “…Perhaps mostly because atheism is a religion….”

Atheism is, by definition, disbelief that there is a god. So atheism isn’t so much of a belief as a disbelief.
    I assume that what you generally mean by “religion” includes the belief that there is at least one god? Or at the very least the belief that there exists a supernatural? ( although I don’ ...[text shortened]... that that is sufficient for it to be a religion)

So in what sense is atheism is a religion?
    It is what they believe. Their faith is placed in there is no lake of fire to shun nor is there a Heaven to gain. There is only the here and now. Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die. There is no after life. Atheism is not a formal religion per se but it is a faith.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 04:51
    Thanks for proving my point. You've taken my real life expeirience and made a mockery out of it. People like this, you, are cruel.
    You think we mock you? No we aren't. We are concerned about you, we care about you.

If you show symptoms of diabesis, and we tell you - Why don't you go to the doctor and let them check you up? - io that mockery too? No, you would think that we care about you. This is a physical condition.

You show symptoms of a psycological condition, a severe one. You see demons, you hear voices, and you really thought yourself that something was wrong. We only say - Yes something is very wrong! - this is not mockery.

You are not healthy. You need help. You still have the visions in you. At the moment you distract yourself with prayers. That's not enough. You need professional help. The reason you had visions and hallucinations is still there. It has to be treated. You are very fragile right now. You can easily be blown off board. By anyone who tries yo help you and doesn't know what is happening with you, like your preach, pastor or spiritual guide, or any other lacking psyciatric experience. The only ones who really can help you is professional people who has seen these symptoms before and can give you a corect diagnosis. Then they can treat you.

We don't mock you, we care for you. Believe me, when I tell you that I've seen these symptoms before. Some has taken their own lives, untreated.

Seek help, please, seek help before it is too late...
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 05:13
    I have humor i love to laugh, my joke style, it's similar to Will Farrel's, but yet another insult, my mental instability, wow, I'll even say it backwards, wow. I was not and have never been insane.
    I don't think he said 'insane' nor is it necessarily an insult if he did. Surely even you see that the most reasonable explanation for a non-Christian (and for most Christians too) for the events you described is hallucinations? I have have a brother in law who is schizophrenic and hallucinates. I don't see why making that diagnosis is an insult. It is just the best explanation for the facts.
    You believe in another explanation, but you have to realize that without any witnesses, you are unlikely to convince many others that your explanation is the best one.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 10:07
    Thanks for proving my point. As I have stated earlier to someone within this chat room concercerning this subject, the of immaturity by most people is shocking. Unable to cumminicate without insults. What I said to you I meant. I am glad you sleep well, and you did sound angry, which was not my goal. From your response you dont wish me the same.

That's ...[text shortened]... isit. ok now go get yourself that good sleep knowing what I said is true.

😉
    You claimed to be seeing demons and levitating without the aid of hallucinogenic drugs.

You don't think that's grounds for a visit to a psychiatrist?
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 10:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Categorical Bingo! Christianity happens to be a relationship.
    Here's a definition of the word religion -

Religion is the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or in general a set of beliefs explaining the existence of and giving meaning to the universe, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

How does atheism fit in.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 11:281 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob

Here's a definition of the word religion -

Religion is the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or in general a set of beliefs explaining the existence of and giving meaning to the universe, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.[/i]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

How does atheism fit in.
    "Perhaps mostly because atheism is a religion. Another reason could be that they are not neutral about the subject."
    ~gambit3 (thread page 4) To which I replied, "Categorical Bingo! Christianity happens to be a relationship."

Please clarify your "How does atheism fit in" question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree