1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 20:294 edits
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I guess your religion disavows your "Old Testament" where one of the heroes (Sampson) murders dozens of innocent people because he was angry. Oh, that's right, your religion takes part of its' name from that testament. That appears hypocritical. Or perhaps, your god sanctioned those murders ? Claiming to be "different now" but still clinging to select parts of that doctrine sounds silly.
    you shall state where my God has told me to murder anyone on any basis, that was your assertion! was it not? i want to hear you say it. Either explain or withdraw your assertion and issue a public apology.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 20:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ummm i am a Jehovahs witness, we are conscientious objectors for life is sacred to us, , ummm what that means is, we do not engage in war of any kind. How my God has told me to murder anyone on any basis you shall now explain. It also seems to negate your rather ill conceived assertion of immorality on the basis of religious belief, indeed, i can s ...[text shortened]... ality because of my religious beliefs than someone who is prepared to kill, for whatever reason.
    i can state that i have a higher morality because of my religious beliefs than someone who is prepared to kill, for whatever reason.

There is much more to "morality" than just being a "conscientious objector." So no, it isn't valid for you to claim a "higher morality" strictly on this basis.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 20:391 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]i can state that i have a higher morality because of my religious beliefs than someone who is prepared to kill, for whatever reason.

There is much more to "morality" than just being a "conscientious objector." So no, it isn't valid for you to claim a "higher morality" strictly on this basis.[/b]
    so Lola, you are a great moralist now, indeed, how intriguing! In the context of the discussion (war, murder, killing) my morality as a conscientious objector is perfectly valid and yes i can claim on this basis that it is indeed a 'higher', morality for it views life as sacred, ruling out arbitrary and indiscriminate killing to name just one example..
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 20:42
    you shall state where my God has told me to murder anyone on any basis, that was your assertion! was it not? i want to hear you say it. Either explain or withdraw your assertion and issue a public apology.
    I was speaking of one of your biblical "heroes". Unless you also claim to be this biblical hero. You have read more into my post then was there. Is not this blatant mass murderer held as a hero and the story told to children over and over??
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 20:481 edit
    I was speaking of one of your biblical "heroes". Unless you also claim to be this biblical hero. You have read more into my post then was there. Is not this blatant mass murderer held as a hero and the story told to children over and over??
    here is your statement

'Stalin and Pol Pot look like fuzzy kittens compared to the murders your "gods" have told you to do.'

is this with reference to me or some dead Biblical characters? Clearly it is with reference to me. Killing honours no one and as i have my own conscience being a man the same as you i shall ask you to respect that!
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 20:532 edits
    so Lola, you are a great moralist now, indeed, how intriguing! In the context of the discussion (war, murder, killing) my morality as a conscientious objector is perfectly valid and yes i can claim on this basis that it is indeed a 'higher', morality for it views life as sacred, ruling out arbitrary and indiscriminate killing to name just one example..
    Seems to me that C4 was speaking of morality in general toward the end of his post and not just about the morality of killing. It is you who focused strictly on that.

Based on your posts on this forum, I'd have to include you with those who are no more moral than the general public.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 20:541 edit
    Seems to me that C was speaking of morality in general toward the end of his post and not just about the morality of killing. It is you who focused strictly on that.
    actually he mentions murders and people.

In the immortal words of Bob Dylan, i state, 'call me anything you like i will never deny it'.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 20:56
    And then he wraps things up by speaking of morality in general. It is unqualified at that point.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 20:57
    And then he wraps things up by speaking of morality in general. It is unqualified at that point.
    whatever.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 21:00
    here is your statement

'Stalin and Pol Pot look like fuzzy kittens compared to the murders your "gods" have told you to do.'

is this with reference to me or some dead Biblical characters? Clearly it is with reference to me. Killing honours no one and as i have my own conscience being a man the same as you i shall ask you to respect that!
    Do you really think that I was calling you personally a murderer? I don't know you except from your posts. I am not calling you personally a murderer.
    I was pointing out the hypocrisy of your "new " religion. Did your religion remove all the texts where your god sanctions killing from your bible? The story of King Saul comes to mind.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 21:02
    whatever.
    As can be expected from you. When you're challenged you often drop out, divert, lie, etc.
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 21:04

In the immortal words of Bob Dylan, i state, 'call me anything you like i will never deny it'.
    In the words of Ian Anderson "My words but a whisper, your deafness a shout"
    actually it is she mentions, not he.
  13. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 21:19
    Do you really think that I was calling you personally a murderer? I don't know you except from your posts. I am not calling you personally a murderer.
    I was pointing out the hypocrisy of your "new " religion. Did your religion remove all the texts where your god sanctions killing from your bible? The story of King Saul comes to mind.
    I reckon to differ on that, as Christ SHOWED the true God, which was turn the other cheek, not of eye for an eye aspect, being under law, satan (unknown god)..
  14. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 21:28
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    I reckon to differ on that, as Christ SHOWED the true God, which was turn the other cheek, not of eye for an eye aspect, being under law, satan (unknown god)..
    Are you really implying that previously there was an untrue god and then, as if by magic, that god became a true god ? Then all the originations of Judaism and Islam were of an untrue god? But then the prophesies given by this untrue god produced a true god. Very interesting.
  15. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 21:37
    Are you really implying that previously there was an untrue god and then, as if by magic, that god became a true god ? Then all the originations of Judaism and Islam were of an untrue god? But then the prophesies given by this untrue god produced a true god. Very interesting.
    I am actually bringing to the surface that as Adam lost sight of his TRUE BEING due to sin (ignorance), in return was a creation of a law, to fluctuate the response of ones actions. And this law is what is the unknown god, however, unknown referenced in the Holy Bible. Yet Christ said he beheld him as lightning falls from sky, destruction, to which is mankind's manifesting throughout the thousands of years from such a separation to see all HARMONY, being of ~no~ disruptions on earth, nor ever to be, as in Heaven, as earth is INTENDED to be acknowledged..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree