1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 21:471 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ummm i am a Jehovahs witness, we are conscientious objectors for life is sacred to us, , ummm what that means is, we do not engage in war of any kind. How my God has told me to murder anyone on any basis you shall now explain. It also seems to negate your rather ill conceived assertion of immorality on the basis of religious belief, indeed, i can s ...[text shortened]... ality because of my religious beliefs than someone who is prepared to kill, for whatever reason.
    Apparently life is not sacred enough to include vegetarianism as a tenet...
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 21:52
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    I am actually bringing to the surface that as Adam lost sight of his TRUE BEING due to sin (ignorance), in return was a creation of a law, to fluctuate the response of ones actions. And this law is what is the unknown god, however, unknown referenced in the Holy Bible. Yet Christ said he beheld him as lightning falls from sky, destruction, to which is ...[text shortened]... ~ disruptions on earth, nor ever to be, as in Heaven, as earth is INTENDED to be acknowledged..
    Wow! Is this a brand new religion or just another variation of Christianity ?
    Let me get this straight, "this law is what is the unknown god". And there was no law before Adams' sin (ignorance). This sounds like a new cult.
  3. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 21:56
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    This ~will~ be the case when all is said and done, fulfilled!
  4. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 21:59
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Let me get this straight, "this law is what is the unknown god". And there was no law before Adams' sin (ignorance). This sounds like a new cult.
    With sin, you have judgement, this is the law I am referring to, which HAD NOT been ~until~ (sin is it's creation) ignorance crept into consciousness..
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 22:03
    This ~will~ be the case when all is said and done, fulfilled!
    This question begs to be asked: Are you the Chosen Prophet sent from GOD ?
  6. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 22:03
    When we lost sight that WE ARE The Image and Likeness of IMMEASURABLE INTELLIGENCE, OMNIPOTENCE, LIFE, TRUTH, LOVE, we invented all the lies being the father of it (it's beginning) to what Life is, which is why death is accepted as a pattern to Life, however death is death, which SHALL die ~in consciousness~ on Grand Day!
  7. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 22:07
    This question begs to be asked: Are you the Chosen Prophet sent from GOD ?
    The false one I have lived "I am in RECTIFICATION" for all mankind to be the man child
    I am to be, which in return shall MAGNIFY THE LAW, and ~make~ it honorable!

It is why I have for the past 7 years lived with nothing than a backpack on my shoulders, and not a place to lay my head..
  8. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 22:09
    Isaiah 42:18-24 (King James Version ~only~ orig.)
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 22:09
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Evidently the JW "'higher morality" only goes so far.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 22:14
    The false one I have lived "I am in RECTIFICATION" for all mankind to be the man child
    I am to be, which in return shall MAGNIFY THE LAW, and ~make~ it honorable!

It is why I have for the past 7 years lived with nothing than a backpack on my shoulders, and not a place to lay my head..
    I wish you the best of luck. Keep on evolving!!
  11. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 22:16
    I wish you the best of luck. Keep on evolving!!
    My Life is a scary nightmare of a boot camp of hell, to which ~one day~ ima enD all of "that which is bound in Heaven", being hell is ~only~ why the word "bound" is still in existence of knowledge..
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 22:31
    Caissa,

I so often agree with your posts! But not every Jew or Christian has to read and understand the Biblical texts the way you say they do! Robbie can speak for himself (I am not a Christian); but Jews do not generally read the “Old Testament” as some kind of literal history—but as myth and story—and there is no doctrinal “requirement” that Jews agree with the “conventional” (God-defending) interpretations of the Torah/Tanach. So, there is not—and never has been—any “rule” that says that a Jew (as a religious Jew) cannot condemn, say, the murderous genocide of the Amakelites, regardless of the myth-text ascribing the commandment to God.

Your error here is in assuming what various Jews and Christians “must” believe about their religious texts. And the presumption of historical literalism—as somehow the appropriate “default” reading of such texts—is a fallacy, and one committed also by fundamentalist/literalist Christians. And it is a fairly modern fallacy. (How would you insist that Norse/Germanic pagans “must” understand their myths?)

Basically, you are committing the same error that all those commit who try to tell people of other religious/philosophical beliefs what theymust” believe. Robbie is under no ethical or intellectual obligation to submit to what you say a “Christian” has to believe!

This is no different from the hubris of some Christians that tell, for example, Muslims what they must believe to be “True Muslims”™. Or secular atheists…
  13. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 22:341 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Caissa,

I so often agree with your posts! But not every Jew or Christian has to read and understand the Biblical texts the way you say they do! Robbie can speak for himself (I am not a Christian); but Jews do not generally read the “Old Testament” as some kind of literal history—but as myth and story—and there is [b]no
    doctrinal “requirement ...[text shortened]... t tell, for example, Muslims what they must believe to be “True Muslims”™. Or secular atheists…[/b]
    My friend, he was meaning me

not robbie
  14. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 22:48
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Caissa,

I so often agree with your posts! But not every Jew or Christian has to read and understand the Biblical texts the way you say they do! Robbie can speak for himself (I am not a Christian); but Jews do not generally read the “Old Testament” as some kind of literal history—but as myth and story—and there is [b]no
    doctrinal “requirement ...[text shortened]... t tell, for example, Muslims what they must believe to be “True Muslims”™. Or secular atheists…[/b]
    I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of a religious sect (JW's) which regards a story which they hold to be of god while refusing to fight in wars. To you and I these stories are just stories (as a Rabbi explained to me) but I contend that if someone ventures to insist that these stories are of god then they must surely follow what is stated.
  15. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 22:521 edit
    I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of a religious sect (JW's) which regards a story which they hold to be of god while refusing to fight in wars. To you and I these stories are just stories (as a Rabbi explained to me) but I contend that if someone ventures to insist that these stories are of god then they must surely follow what is stated.
    Because "violence" is still a conceived conscious ~word~, satan exists..

And every OTHER man made concept ever created..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree