Moves
    04 Oct '10 23:11
    Such as sickness, dis-ease, and death for naming a few
  2. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 23:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    after reading our new Awake article (monthly magazine published by Jehovahs witnesses, peace be upon them for a thousand quadrillion generations) it was brought to my attention that there have been two notable attempts to establish atheist states, perhaps more. The first was Stalinist Russia, officially an atheistic state in which some tens of millio ...[text shortened]... asking, a world without religion, is it an improvement? i invite my atheist friends to comment.
    I wouldn't claim to have earned your friendship and the label 'atheist' is a first approximation, but my answer is that I doubt that a world without religion would be an improvement.

However, as has been pointed out, secularism is not the same as atheism, and maybe what the world would be better without is authoritarianism and dogma. These need not be religious, as your examples of the Khmer Rouge and Stalinist Russia show, but I have every confidence in your ability to realise that religion is not exempt from these problems.
  3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 23:22
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of a religious sect (JW's) which regards a story which they hold to be of god while refusing to fight in wars. To you and I these stories are just stories (as a Rabbi explained to me) but I contend that if someone ventures to insist that these stories are of god then they must surely follow what is stated.
    Gotcha. But—and I’m only thinking “out loud” here—

Nah. I’ll give it up. I confess that I get more “riled up” when it appears that non-theists accept the textual historicism/literalism of certain religionists as the norm—and then extend that to all co-religionists of the same name. It isn’t and wasn’t (until certain religionists applied that “modernist” view to their own texts). However, you are correct that any religionists who do hold that view can properly have their feet held to the fire on it.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 23:54
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Evidently the JW "'higher morality" only goes so far.
    Yeah,yeahπŸ˜€ Apparently you can drink (in moderation), but not smoke.
    What is that go?
    Sorry, but I dont get it and no JW had offered me an explanantion why this is so...

(BTW-alcohol gets you drunk, tobacco doesn't)
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 23:56
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    My friend, he was meaning me

not robbie
    Dude, its a female- get it str8 and keep up with the postsπŸ™‚
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 00:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah,yeahπŸ˜€ Apparently you can drink (in moderation), but not smoke.
    What is that go?
    Sorry, but I dont get it and no JW had offered me an explanantion why this is so...

(BTW-alcohol gets you drunk, tobacco doesn't)
    From what I gather, it's okay to drink so long as they don't get "drunk". There's a rationalization if I've ever heard one. I'm guessing more than some of them are more than liberal in determining when they've crossed that line.
  7. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 00:09
    Dude, its a female- get it str8 and keep up with the postsπŸ™‚
    caissad4
    Child of the Novelty

Moves : 300842
    04 Oct '10 21:52
    I am actually bringing to the surface that as Adam lost sight of his TRUE BEING due to sin (ignorance), in return was a creation of a law, to fluctuate the response of ones actions. And this law is what is the unknown god, however, unknown referenced in the Holy Bible. Yet Christ said he beheld him as lightning falls from sky, destruction, to which is ...[text shortened]... ~ disruptions on earth, nor ever to be, as in Heaven, as earth is INTENDED to be acknowledged..

Wow! Is this a brand new religion or just another variation of Christianity ?
    Let me get this straight, "this law is what is the unknown god". And there was no law before Adams' sin (ignorance). This sounds like a new cult.~~

was in reference to me, no?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 00:14
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    From what I gather, it's okay to drink so long as they don't get "drunk". There's a rationalization if I've ever heard one. I'm guessing more than some of them are more than liberal in determining when they've crossed that line.
    Yeah...
    Say someone has given up drinking to smoke only five or 6 smokes a day? Would you excommunicate them on that basis?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 00:17
    caissad4
    Child of the Novelty

Moves : 300842
    04 Oct '10 21:52
    I am actually bringing to the surface that as Adam lost sight of his TRUE BEING due to sin (ignorance), in return was a creation of a law, to fluctuate the response of ones actions. And this law ...[text shortened]... efore Adams' sin (ignorance). This sounds like a new cult.~~

was in reference to me, no?
    Thats the way I read it...
    Perhaps ToO or Lord Shark can clarify...

Anyway, Caissad4 is a female and the winner of most tourneys on this site.

Hope you dont mind me filling him in, sweet Caissa πŸ™‚
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 00:37

No problem. Thanks Karoly. πŸ˜€
  11. Joined
    03 Jul '10
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 00:57

Pfftt..I could beat her πŸ˜›
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 03:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ummm i am a Jehovahs witness, we are conscientious objectors for life is sacred to us, , ummm what that means is, we do not engage in war of any kind. How my God has told me to murder anyone on any basis you shall now explain. It also seems to negate your rather ill conceived assertion of immorality on the basis of religious belief, indeed, i can s ...[text shortened]... ality because of my religious beliefs than someone who is prepared to kill, for whatever reason.
    You know God (Jehovah) commanded the Israelites to kill in the old testament? How do reconcile this with your beliefs as a JW R.C.? This same Jehovah had the Israelites at war against the nations around them. Jehovah could rightfully be called a God of war.
    How do reconcile this with your anti-war stance?

Manny
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 07:47
    In the words of Ian Anderson "My words but a whisper, your deafness a shout"
    actually it is she mentions, not he.
    what! i got beat at chess from a chick! Oh the ghost of Bobby Fischer have mercy on me, next time ill offer you knight odds in his honour!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 07:48
    Originally posted by menace71
    You know God (Jehovah) commanded the Israelites to kill in the old testament? How do reconcile this with your beliefs as a JW R.C.? This same Jehovah had the Israelites at war against the nations around them. Jehovah could rightfully be called a God of war.
    How do reconcile this with your anti-war stance?

Manny
    i reconcile it because i am a human being with my own conscience, i hope that this is now clear, what it has to do with the idea of an atheist state i do not know.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 07:523 edits
    No problem. Thanks Karoly. πŸ˜€
    wow kissy kissy Karoly Poly! man what a suck up that dude is! If hes not kissing Fabians butt, 'oh Fabian your posts are so much nicer than Robbies', hes kissing Caissad4s, 'oh your such a wonderful lady Caissad4!', 'winner of the most tournaments ever, kissy kissy'. Karoly Poly should enter a straw tournament, he's bound to win, Golden straw of the year ward!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree