Athiests?

Athiests?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
17 Mar 08

I am wandering what is in a athiest mine, when they see the earth's beauty and everything in it, and all the scriptures that were profesis from the old testament to the new testament, and when they found actualy evidents that the Red Sea has chariots and horse wheels under it! There is evidents everywhere Athiests talk to me if you want advice!

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by LivingForJesus
I am wandering what is in a athiest mine, when they see the earth's beauty and everything in it, and all the scriptures that were profesis from the old testament to the new testament, and when they found actualy evidents that the Red Sea has chariots and horse wheels under it! There is evidents everywhere Athiests talk to me if you want advice!
Answer me this first: Is there a single fundamentalist who can spell?

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
17 Mar 08

I assume you mean wondering and Mind?

I'll answer you as best I can.
1) The biblical scriptures are written by men, who claim god was talking to them, yet they contradict themselves in several places.
2) I believe in the simpler solution in any problem, the lack of proof of the existence of god leads me to default to unbelief.
3) Show me one prophecy that cannot be re-interpreted.
4) Religion is arrogance, if there is a god then I can assure you he is far far grander than any of your scriptures make him out to be.

I can go on but this will do for now.

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by telerion
Answer me this first: Is there a single fundamentalist who can spell?
Although funny, its probably better to answer him seriously. Otherwise he'll accuse you of being a closet Theist who's in denial.🙄

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by Mexico
Although funny, its probably better to answer him seriously. Otherwise he'll accuse you of being a closet Theist who's in denial.🙄
He will anyway. It doesn't matter what anyone says.

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
He will anyway. It doesn't matter what anyone says.
True but its best make them state it rather than giving them leverage by making fun of them,...

Cape Town

Moves
17 Mar 08

I am always willing to swayed by good evidence for something new that I don't currently believe in. I am always willing to listen to a sane person with sound arguments, whatever he might be proposing. But why should anyone listen to someone who:
1. Is not very clear about what he is saying - made worse by the fact that he cant spell.
2. Claims the existence of evidence, but does not present it. (give us some links to information on those Red Sea chariots and a good argument as to why your explanation is the best one).
3. Does not address the alternative explanations (ie the scientific standpoint or alternative religions).

You have to realize that from my point of view at this time, the best explanation for your post is that you are a rather poorly educated fundamentalist Christian, who will believe anything he is told by fellow fundamentalists. Unless you can provide evidence that such and explanation is unreasonable, I think most readers will come to a similar conclusion.

P

Moves
17 Mar 08

By the chariots and the "horse wheels" I think he's referring to this story:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33168

If you google "wheel at the bottom of the red sea" you'll find more hits about it.

Basically, they found a couple wheel like shapes and something that actually does look like a wheel down there and they are calling them "Egyptian" - although none of them have been authenticated to be Egyptian.

Now, if they could actually date them and verify that they were actually Egyptian then it would be a start.

Then they'd have to find evidence for the whole rest of the story...

Z

Moves
17 Mar 08

dude the egyptians were conquerors at some time, one of their boats could have sunk while crossing the red sea.

please don't take the bible as a history and science book. it is at most a book of moral guidelines and even that is not very accurate, most intelligent beings now abstain from stoning women to death.

horse wheels? you might be confused, horses do not have wheels unless they're trojan horses or little kids wooden toys 😀

L

Moves
17 Mar 08

oh yeah sorry I can spell perfect 🙂

L

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by PsychoPawn

If you google "wheel at the bottom of the red sea" you'll find more hits about it.

Basically, they found a couple wheel like shapes and something that actually does look like a wheel down there and they are calling th ...[text shortened]... ld be a start.

yes, that is eviedense

L

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
dude the egyptians were conquerors at some time, one of their boats could have sunk while crossing the red sea.

please don't take the bible as a history and science book. it is at most a book of moral guidelines and even that is not very accurate, most intelligent beings now abstain from stoning women to death.

horse wheels? you might be confused, horses do not have wheels unless they're trojan horses or little kids wooden toys 😀
actually they found chariots, and men and horse bones! I know that horse bones just don't show up in the middle of the Red Sea! This is clear evidense about Pharoh going across the red sea.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
17 Mar 08

actually they found chariots, and men and horse bones! I know that horse bones just don't show up in the middle of the Red Sea! This is clear evidense about Pharoh going across the red sea.
Yeah... however they found mammoth bones at the bottom of the North Sea. What does the bible say about that then?

m

Moves
17 Mar 08

Or possibly evidence that things such as chariots, horses and men have ant some point in the past been transported by ship. Which we know is true. And that some ships sink and/or lose their cargo. Which we also know is true.

And that's just one entirely plausible explanation. I'm sure there are others.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by PsychoPawn

Basically, they found a couple wheel like shapes and something that actually does look like a wheel down there and they are calling th ...[text shortened]... ld be a start.

Don't be silly. The only way to date the wheel exactly would be to use carbon-dating - and we know what the fundamentalists think of that.