1. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 18:53
    you know, I was raised in a Christian home. I believed everything that was taught to me became a Christian etc, Then I moved out and went to college, etc... and I begin to see what a fake everything was, hypocrites etc.
    I sang in a bluegrass Gospel band, at churches all over the country, Ive been to hundreds of different denominations, heard thousands of sermons. we sang at alot of prisons, and I talked to many guys and heard their life stories, how drugs, women, etc ruined their lives. My life started to come to shambles, Then I read the book "For one Moment" (greatest book I ever read) and this verse stuck out to me; "For by Faith are you saved through faith, not of works, lest any man should boast" Faith... Faith.. Faith, What is Faith? Its believing in something that theres no evidence for. I was always wanting to believe by evidence, not by faith. For some reason God wants us to have "Faith" in him, (dont ask me why) even though the evidence seemed to be against him. So I decided to give it a try, believe with all my heart that there is a God, and I asked Him to make me a new person. That was like the hardest thing for me to do, believe in something that every single evidence was going against (or so it seemed) However Its been amazing since that day, I am a new creation, and my life changed and its amazing what a little faith can do, Faith the size of a mustard seed can move away problems that is as big as the mountains. I KNOW NOW God is real, I can feel it, we been playing in more prisons and been seeing some amazing things (there are not many Atheist in prisons), I seen some of the toughest, druggies, tattooed, come to tears and humble themselves and become free. I was at a festival in Canada once, and this respectable girl all of a sudden became demon processed clawing the ground and then somone prayed for her, and when he said In "Jesus's name" she became calm and fell faint, wow I didnt know this happened in modern days. Anyone who dont believe in outside forces should have been here. She described her actions as something she could not control, shes been fighting it. Jesus's name is powerful, but you NEED Faith, FIRST. I cant describe it. Theres no way I can convince somone with evidence. (I do believe there are some though) but God dont want ppl to believe in him with that, he wants Faith. And believing in something that you believed in because you grew up believing it, is not Faith.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 23:59
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    you know, I was raised in a Christian home. I believed everything that was taught to me became a Christian etc, Then I moved out and went to college, etc... and I begin to see what a fake everything was, hypocrites etc.
    I sang in a bluegrass Gospel band, at churches all over the country, Ive been to hundreds of different denominations, heard thousands of ...[text shortened]... ving in something that you believed in because you grew up believing it, is not Faith.
    Faith is just an internal emotion of certaintude, it has nothing to do with the real world. It's still a faith in something unreal. We are on a planet at the whims of the elements not a god. If a comet or asteroid came down to earth like it did 65 million years ago, we would be wiped out just as certaintly as did the dinosaurs. We have nobody 'watching' over us, some big brother in the sky who helps old ladies from purse snatchers, who stops asteroids on a random course for earth or anything in between. Kid, we are on our own and that is the bottom line. The sooner the majority of humanity realizes that fact, the quicker we can make a real civilization based on reality not invisible friends.
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 02:22
    I sang in a bluegrass Gospel band, at churches all over the country, Ive been to hundreds of different denominations, heard thousands of ...[text shortened]... ving in something that you believed in because you grew up believing it, is not Faith.
    Faith can be erroneous. Mind has an extraordinary power. It can lead to great illusion. Look at those girls who truly believe they are pregnant, without being so. They're bellies grow, their menstruation disappears, they get pregnancy nausea. They TRULY BELIEVE they are pregnant.
    What happens in the end? NOTHING!!!!
    The same goes for you. Faith is a mind illusion. Your beliefs are a mind illusion. You can belief whatever you want, that doesn't change reality.
    If you believe God only with faith... do it... but know it only exists for sure in the mind of those who believe it.
  4. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 03:08
    Originally posted by serigado
    Faith can be erroneous. Mind has an extraordinary power. It can lead to great illusion. Look at those girls who truly believe they are pregnant, without being so. They're bellies grow, their menstruation disappears, they get pregnancy nausea. They TRULY BELIEVE they are pregnant.
    What happens in the end? NOTHING!!!!
    The same goes for you. Faith is a mind ...[text shortened]... y with faith... do it... but know it only exists for sure in the mind of those who believe it.
    ok,, good point, Do you think Faith though actually helps the world? true or not?

Ive seen many prisoners change their lives around because of Faith, and help humanity out in every possible way they could once they were released? is this a good thing? I read a statistic that said Prisoners that had faith had a 60 % less return rate then non faith prisoners.
  5. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 03:43
    ok,, good point, Do you think Faith though actually helps the world? true or not?

Ive seen many prisoners change their lives around because of Faith, and help humanity out in every possible way they could once they were released? is this a good thing? I read a statistic that said Prisoners that had faith had a 60 % less return rate then non faith prisoners.
    Why wouldn't this be a good thing?
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 03:44
    I've had a similar experience and have tried to tell it as well. 🙂
  7. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 03:46
    Happy Easter!
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 04:30

In my opinion faith helps some, but it is that very same faith that causes people to fase out certain truths, like the fact that there is no proof of the existence of gods...if you believe in faith, then how can anything but faith be the correct answer? See what I mean? it paradoxical...belive what you want,... you will anyhow...
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 07:474 edits
    Faith is nothing more or less than one of the three means of human perception and understanding: Rationalism (think it), Empiricism

(experience it) and Faith (believe it). First two contribute human merit. One key point seems to be getting lost here... the object of faith is what

matters. Faith alone in Christ alone = salvation and everlasting life. Rejection from negative volition = eternal damnation. Issue is Christ.

-gb 🙂

Edit: It's all about Grace... God's grace provision from Eternity Past. Grace is all that the Father is free to do for us in time and Eternity

because of what His uniquely born Son did on the cross. Not his physical death but his substitutionary spiritual death on our behalf.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 12:50

Sometimes it helps, sometimes it does not. Clearly faith has many advantages, But is it right to do a wrong to get to a better result?
    I can easily talk about the atrocities man made in the name of faith. I would prefer an educated population to a population with faith.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 14:46
    Sometimes it helps, sometimes it does not. Clearly faith has many advantages, But is it right to do a wrong to get to a better result?
    I can easily talk about the atrocities man made in the name of faith. I would prefer an educated population to a population with faith.
    Vector of faith is vertical. Opinions on human behavior reflect horizontal viewpoint.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 18:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Vector of faith is vertical. Opinions on human behavior reflect horizontal viewpoint.
    There is a lot more human opinion than faith. Faith by itself is not such a bad thing, its when the faithful get controlled by an unscrupulous leader all too often leads to killing. That is faith out of control and into fantasy land..
  13. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 18:54
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    EM fields, velocity, acceleration are vectors. I have a hard time making faith a vector. I think the analogy is awful.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Mar '08 07:25

It is a complex question, and at best one could only say that faith does more/or less good than bad. But it would be very hard to prove either way.

For example, in your example of prisoners, you do not know whether or not the prisoners who 'get faith' are simply the ones who have already decided to reform. Many people seek religion in that situation.

My personal experience is that there are some people who are very good people, some have faith and some don't. There are also some people who are not so good or are very bad, again, some have faith and some don't. But the bad people can often use other people of faith to advance their bad cause. People of faith often have a blind spot when it comes to other people of faith.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Mar '08 07:55
    EM fields, velocity, acceleration are vectors. I have a hard time making faith a vector. I think the analogy is awful.
    We inhale divine truth. Belief is the exhale toward God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree