1. USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '08 00:18
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    We inhale divine truth. Belief is the exhale toward God.
    Then what are my farts called? 😕😛
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '08 07:05
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Then what are my farts called? 😕😛
    Maybe back door digestive system gaseous waste... analogous in this loosely knit conversation

to falsehood eliminated through the sphinctered trap door in the regenerate human soul.
  3. At the Revolution
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 17:00
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    Well us deists don't really believe in "God"...just a higher power.

But yeah...basically a clock maker...made it...wound it up...and walked away.

Dave
    You're the first Deist I have ever interacted with personally. Deism was actually much more popular around the "Founding Fathers" era of American history, but now is replaced by Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and all those other good religions.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 17:01
    Originally posted by scherzo
    You're the first Deist I have ever interacted with personally. Deism was actually much more popular around the "Founding Fathers" era of American history, but now is replaced by Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and all those other good religions.
    And atheism.

Deism is basically atheism with faith in God; an odd combination. A-theism, meaning without God, because God is not active in the Universe according to Deism.
  5. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '08 15:59
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    And atheism.

Deism is basically atheism with faith in God; an odd combination. A-theism, meaning without God, because God is not active in the Universe according to Deism.
    "Atheism with a faith in God" is contradictory. As you said, the definition of atheism is the disbelief in a God, so the belief of "atheism with a faith in God" is something of a paradox.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 02:49
    Originally posted by scherzo
    "Atheism with a faith in God" is contradictory. As you said, the definition of atheism is the disbelief in a God, so the belief of "atheism with a faith in God" is something of a paradox.
    That's true, but Deism is not quite atheism. It does however assert that God does not interfere in the universe. Thus the universe is in a sense a-theistic; it is without God.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 05:51
    Whole issue and most impotant decision in life is... What do you think of Christ.
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 06:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Whole issue and most impotant decision in life is... What do you think of Christ.
    Rubbish.
    The most important decision is how you raise your children and I challenge any parent to tell me otherwise.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 06:48
    Originally posted by amannion
    Rubbish.
    The most important decision is how you raise your children and I challenge any parent to tell me otherwise.
    Any parent who cares about their children does the best they can - its hardly one decision but rather a whole series of decisions.
    I would say that one of the most important decisions regarding children is whether and when to have them - too many people who shouldn't have them or shouldn't have so many still do. I know some people who don't seem to like their children.
  10. Joined
    08 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 23:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Any parent who cares about their children does the best they can - its hardly one decision but rather a whole series of decisions.
    I would say that one of the most important decisions regarding children is whether and when to have them - too many people who shouldn't have them or shouldn't have so many still do. I know some people who don't seem to like their children.
    mmmm!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree