1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '08 20:25
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Don't be silly. The only way to date the wheel exactly would be to use carbon-dating - and we know what the fundamentalists think of that.
    Yeah, that's quite the catch-22.

If they decide to use carbon dating to verify it then they'd have to admit that carbon dating is useful and accurate in some cases.

In any case, it being written in a book is good enough right?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 07:50
    Originally posted by LivingForJesus
    actually they found chariots, and men and horse bones! I know that horse bones just don't show up in the middle of the Red Sea! This is clear evidense about Pharoh going across the red sea.
    Who found them, and when. So far all you have done is made unsubstantiated claims. If you think that anyone else will take your word as evidence then you are wrong.
  3. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 07:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Who found them, and when. So far all you have done is made unsubstantiated claims. If you think that anyone else will take your word as evidence then you are wrong.
    I dunno I feel the truth being reveled to me by his clear unquestionable proof of the bible, in the form of there being some magical undated wood and bones on the bottom of a sea.... 🙄

his spelling helps too
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 15:11
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Yeah... however they found mammoth bones at the bottom of the North Sea. What does the bible say about that then?
    Satan put them there to confuse christians that believe in creationism 😀
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 15:18
    please, his "evidence" is similar to kid discovering a coin under his pillow and considering it the irrefutable proof of the tooth fairy.

so they found chariots under the read sea. one would think that an egyptian boat sunk, or that there was a battle on the shore and the red sea took the remnants out or that even an egyptian wacko decided to cross the red sea and only made it that far. only a christian zealot would consider that a proof.

furthermore i dont understand how come they immediately placed that chariot in moses' time, but all the fossils ever discovered are considered to be Satan's work, and all of that important activity took place less than 5000 years ago.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 08:13
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    please, his "evidence" is similar to kid discovering a coin under his pillow and considering it the irrefutable proof of the tooth fairy.

so they found chariots under the read sea. one would think that an egyptian boat sunk, or that there was a battle on the shore and the red sea took the remnants out or that even an egyptian wacko decided to cross the r ...[text shortened]... to be Satan's work, and all of that important activity took place less than 5000 years ago.
    So far we have no evidence that anyone found chariots under the red sea. All we have is an anonymous poster in a chess forum who cant spell, who claims that 'they' have found them.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 16:41
    So far we have no evidence that anyone found chariots under the red sea. All we have is an anonymous poster in a chess forum who cant spell, who claims that 'they' have found them.
    I've heard that the Persion Gulf might have expanded, and that the region it covers might be the Garden of Eden based on analysis of the rivers mentioned in the Bible. But I haven't heard of anything under the Red Sea!

It doesn't seem too unreasonable that a few chariots might have fallen off ships though.
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 17:441 edit
    actually they found chariots, and men and horse bones! I know that horse bones just don't show up in the middle of the Red Sea! This is clear evidense about Pharoh going across the red sea.
    no actually it is not evidence of Pharoah and his host, it would be evidence of a wheel and a horse. That's like saying you found a screwdriver in the woods, and that it must have been left there by aliens fixing their spacecraft, because someone once said that they saw one in the woods.
    Don't get me wrong, I believe in God, and am a practicing Christian, but trying to prove the validity of the Bible in this manner makes you, and Christianity by extension, look foolish.
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 20:14
    Originally posted by Mexico
    True but its best make them state it rather than giving them leverage by making fun of them,...
    I've taken the high road far too many times. Now I look out for number one. If he wants to feel persecuted, then he can ahead. Hell, he can thank me for building up his heavenly riches.

Besides there is a nugget of wisdom in my comment. I doubt LFJ can find it though which is a good reason not to offer him the charity of a serious response.
  10. At the Revolution
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 13:361 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    Answer me this first: Is there a single fundamentalist who can spell?
    Nope. 😀
  11. Joined
    27 Oct '07
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 20:53
    i'm still and athiest and i KNOW that God exists! If He just creates us and then abandons us then He really doesn't love us in my opinion. Yes, He can show us all the splendor and grace that proves His existence, yet if He doesn't interpret what this means for us (since He did put us in charge of this planet) then like what we're doing right now, we'll ignorantly mess it up! Like a mother who neglects her child, the "LORD" has neglected us, leaving us to die in our own ignorance!
  12. At the Revolution
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 17:30
    Originally posted by dragonstarr369
    i'm still and athiest and i KNOW that God exists! If He just creates us and then abandons us then He really doesn't love us in my opinion. Yes, He can show us all the splendor and grace that proves His existence, yet if He doesn't interpret what this means for us (since He did put us in charge of this planet) then like what we're doing right now, we'l ...[text shortened]... neglects her child, the "LORD" has neglected us, leaving us to die in our own ignorance!
    Your idealogy isn't atheism because you think a God exists but abandoned us and left us alone. That's the essence of Diesm.
  13. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 17:49
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Your idealogy isn't atheism because you think a God exists but abandoned us and left us alone. That's the essence of Diesm.
    Well us deists don't really believe in "God"...just a higher power.

But yeah...basically a clock maker...made it...wound it up...and walked away.

Dave
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 17:51
    I don't suppose you could ever believe those horses and chariots were oh, just a thought, from a SHIPWRECK?
  15. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 18:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I don't suppose you could ever believe those horses and chariots were oh, just a thought, from a SHIPWRECK?
    That would make it too easy...had to have been placed there by divine power don't ya know.

Dave

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree