1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '11 17:08
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “...we are talking of the feather , the feather! and you are havering on about embryos! ….”

you were talking about the feather and I have already answered your question on the feather -the answer is “evolution” i.e. it evolved.
    You also said there is no evidence for evolution and I debunked that with a website that clearly stated the evidence whi ...[text shortened]... process in general works then you will just have to look it up for yourself -try googling it.
    ok, you win, i give up!
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 May '11 17:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it remains a matter of the interpretation of data and the assertion of an opinion. You have provided nothing to the contrary that there was an explosion of life, not a gradual one as has been erroneously proffered by the Darwinists! its a groaning heap of possibly, could be's and maybe so's! we are interested in science not conjecture and postulation!
    Do you just have a stock reply to these questions? It seems you do, because your answer does not logically follow from what i posted. In fact, i wonder if you even read my post. Two points -

1. Do you not think it's slightly disingenuous for someone writing an article in 1985 to ask the question - Today, has the situation changed?, and then quote something from 1959? Twenty five years previous?!

2. How can an article written in 1985 interpret data that wasn't known then?

we are interested in science not conjecture and postulation!

LOL!!!!!!! No your not, your only interested in propping up your dogmatic religious beliefs, those that are set by the Governing Body. They tell you what to think, you 'bleet' and blindly follow.

As for evidence for precambrian life, are you for real???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ediacaran_biota
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precambrian_life#Precambrian_life
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doushantuo_formation
    http://www.csun.edu/~dgray/Evol322/Chapter17.pdf
    http://www.fossilmuseum.net/Paleobiology/Precambrian-Fossils.htm
    http://www.pnas.org/content/97/13/6947.full

I could go on, but that should suffice for now.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '11 17:363 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Do you just have a stock reply to these questions? It seems you do, because your answer does not logically follow from what i posted. In fact, i wonder if you even read my post. Two points -

1. Do you not think it's slightly disingenuous for someone writing an article in 1985 to ask the question - Today, has the situation changed?, and then qu tp://www.pnas.org/content/97/13/6947.full

I could go on, but that should suffice for now.
    the reply was made after examining your text, shall i point out the could be's, what if's,
    and it might have been's in context? no? well then, it remains under the circumstances
    pure conjecture and to prove its a matter of intepretation i can find zillions of sites
    that testify to the fact that there was an explosion of life,

Explosion of Invertebrate Life
    During the Cambrian Period there was an explosion of life forms. Most of these were
    in the water. Many animals with no backbones lived in the shallow seas. These
    animals were invertebrates.

http://www.fossils-facts-and-finds.com/cambrian_period.html

The theory of the Cambrian Explosion holds that, beginning some 545 million years
    ago, an explosion of diversity led to the appearance over a relatively short period
    of 5 million to 10 million years of a huge number of complex, multi-celled
    organisms. Moreover, this burst of animal forms led to most of the major animal
    groups we know today

http://www.fossilmuseum.net/Paleobiology/CambrianExplosion.htm

Its not termed the Cambrian explosion for nothing you know!
  4. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    15 May '11 17:41
    ok, you win, i give up!
    😲
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 May '11 09:28
    the reply was made after examining your text, shall i point out the could be's, what if's,
    and it might have been's in context? no? well then, it remains under the circumstances
    pure conjecture and to prove its a matter of intepretation i can find zillions of sites
    that testify to the fact that there was an explosion of life,

Explosion of ...[text shortened]... obiology/CambrianExplosion.htm

Its not termed the Cambrian explosion for nothing you know!
    From the same website -

The debate persists today about whether the evolutionary "explosion" of the Cambrian was as sudden and spontaneous as it appears in the fossil record. The discovery of new pre-Cambrian and Cambrian fossils help, as these transitional forms support the hypothesis that diversification was well underway before the Cambrian began.

http://www.fossilmuseum.net/Paleobiology/CambrianExplosion.htm

I'll remind you of the text in your article -

Below this [Cambrian period], there are vast thicknesses of sediments in which the progenitors of the Cambrian forms would be expected. But we do not find them; these older beds are almost barren of evidence of life,.....

Remember this text is from 1959, even though the article was written in 1985 (a point i've brought up twice which you have ignored both times), it is incorrect and outdated. I'm not disputing that something significant happened in the Cambrian period, but the fact is life has been found before the Cambrian period and as more life is found what was was once thought of as an 'explosion' significantly lessens.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '11 10:481 edit
    From the same website -

[quote]The debate persists today about whether the evolutionary "explosion" of the Cambrian was as sudden and spontaneous as it appears in the fossil record. The discovery of new pre-Cambrian and Cambrian fossils help, as these transitional forms support the hypothesis that diversification was well underway before the Cambrian more life is found what was was once thought of as an 'explosion' significantly lessens.
    As i stated i am uninterested in discussing the critiques of the article which are merely side issues, the fact of the matter remains is that the fossil record is more in accordance with creation than of the evolutionary hypothesis, for it demonstrates not simple life forms gradually changing into complex ones but complex life forms suddenly appearing and multiplying after their kinds, as per the ancient text.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 May '11 11:521 edit
    As i stated i am uninterested in discussing the critiques of the article which are merely side issues, the fact of the matter remains is that the fossil record is more in accordance with creation than of the evolutionary hypothesis, for it demonstrates not simple life forms gradually changing into complex ones but complex life forms suddenly appearing and multiplying after their kinds, as per the ancient text.
    This is a complete strawman argument. We're discussing the article you put forward, i told you it was outdated garbage to which you replied -

Then perhaps you would like to address the actual points, Behe is quite correct, getting Darwinists to address the actual data is quite difficult.

I address the points with scientific data and then you tell me -

As i stated i am uninterested in discussing the critiques of the article which are merely side issues,........

What am i supposed to do?! I can't tell you why the article is wrong because i get the stock 'conjecture, postulation, assertion of an opinion' response. I show you the data from scientific websites and you tell me you're 'uninterested in discussing them'. It's clever what you're doing, i'll give you that. It's that filter you have in place working again, it stops any information which conflicts with your worldview getting into your brain.

Two questions for you -

1. For the third time, do you not think passing off a quote from 1959 as 'todays' view when the article was written in 1985 was disingenuous?

2. Do you accept evidence for Precambrian life has been found?

Yes or no's will suffice Robert.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '11 14:551 edit
    This is a complete strawman argument. We're discussing the article you put forward, i told you it was outdated garbage to which you replied -

Then perhaps you would like to address the actual points, Behe is quite correct, getting Darwinists to address the actual data is quite difficult.

I address the points with scientific data and evidence for Precambrian life has been found?

Yes or no's will suffice Robert.
    my dear friend you know i reject anything that is not creationism, why you should need
    to ask, i dont know. On the watchtower article itself i have no comment to make other
    than it was beautifully crafted and I have never denied that there was pre-Cambrian
    life, 🙂
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 May '11 16:31
    my dear friend you know i reject anything that is not creationism, why you should need
    to ask, i dont know. On the watchtower article itself i have no comment to make other
    than it was beautifully crafted and I have never denied that there was pre-Cambrian
    life, 🙂
    my dear friend you know i reject anything that is not creationism, why you should need to ask, i dont know.

That's not what i asked though? I have been discussing the article you posted in this thread, specifically it's view on Precambrian life and it's rather deceitful attempt at passing off scientific understanding 25 years previous as 'todays'. Which i notice, you failed to directly address for the fourth time.

So you accept there was Precambrian life!! So you agree with me that this section of the article is incorrect -

“Below this [Cambrian period], there are vast thicknesses of sediments in which the progenitors of the Cambrian forms would be expected. But we do not find them; these older beds are almost barren of evidence of life, and the general picture could reasonably be said to be consistent with the idea of a special creation at the beginning of Cambrian times. ‘To the question why we do not find rich fossiliferous deposits belonging to these assumed earliest periods prior to the Cambrian system,’ said Darwin, ‘I can give no satisfactory answer.’ Nor can we today,” said Romer.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 May '11 16:40
    I have a feeling that these days all discussions in Spirituality end up as discussions about evolution.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '11 16:431 edit
    [b]my dear friend you know i reject anything that is not creationism, why you should need to ask, i dont know.

That's not what i asked though? I have been discussing the article you posted in this thread, specifically it's view on Precambrian life and it's rather deceitful attempt at passing off scientific understanding 25 years previous as 'today ,’ said Darwin, ‘I can give no satisfactory answer.’ Nor can we today,” said Romer.[/quote][/b]
    No i do not agree, 'almost barren', is a relative statement, relative to the profusion of
    life that ensued in the Cambrian period, making the statement most accurate.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '11 16:451 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I have a feeling that these days all discussions in Spirituality end up as discussions about evolution.
    yes i know, we are inundated with ultra materialists these days, sigh, but we are a
    hospitable bunch and welcome an opportunity to test the merits of their beliefs.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 May '11 16:55
    yes i know, we are inundated with ultra materialists these days, sigh, but we are a
    hospitable bunch and welcome an opportunity to test the merits of their beliefs.
    It takes two to tango, though...
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '11 17:13
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It takes two to tango, though...
    Lol, why skate on thin ice when one can tango 🙂
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 May '11 17:23
    Lol, why skate on thin ice when one can tango 🙂
    There may even be some evolutionary advantages to tango. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree