1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 08:371 edit
    'By their fruits you will know those men', - Jesus Christ.

Reverend Solomon Stoddard, one of New England's most esteemed religious
    leaders, in "1703 formally proposed to the Massachusetts Governor that the
    colonists be given the financial wherewithal to purchase and train large packs of
    dogs 'to hunt Indians as they do bears'." *

Massacre of Sand Creek, Colorado 11/29/1864. Colonel John Chivington, a former
    Methodist minister and still elder in the church (I long to be wading in gore) had a
    Cheyenne village of about 600, mostly women and children, gunned down despite
    the chiefs' waving with a white flag: 400-500 killed.

From an eye-witness account: "There were some thirty or forty squaws collected in
    a hole for protection; they sent out a little girl about six years old with a white flag
    on a stick; she had not proceeded but a few steps when she was shot and killed. All
    the squaws in that hole were afterwards killed ..." *

By the 1860s, "in Hawai'i the Reverend Rufus Anderson surveyed the carnage that
    by then had reduced those islands' native population by 90 percent or more, and he
    declined to see it as tragedy; the expected total die-off of the Hawaiian population
    was only natural, this missionary said, somewhat equivalent to 'the amputation of
    diseased members of the body'." *

* D.Stannard, American Holocaust, Oxford University Press 1992

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm
  2. England
    Moves
    03 May '11 09:10
    thats just in america, anglican V roman did burning to each other etc, but when the book of life is opened all souls sins will be known, just pray your good works out do your other works
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 09:22
    Originally posted by stoker
    thats just in america, anglican V roman did burning to each other etc, but when the book of life is opened all souls sins will be known, just pray your good works out do your other works
    yes indeed, we have not even touched the Spanish inquisition, Rwanda, Bosnia, the
    Nazis, Australia and Tasmania, New Zealand, the crusades etc etc etc, but never the
    less we shall come to these others in time.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 15:112 edits
    John Calvin: protestant reformer, murderer of Micheal Servetus a theologian and
    physician.

It was through direct evidence supplied by Calvin that Servetus suffered these
    injustices and condemned by the French Inquisition to death by a slow fire.
    Servetus was refused an advocate at the trial, being told with grim humor that he
    could lie well enough without one. The Spaniard was found guilty on heresy on
    three primary charges: denying the Trinity, declaring that infant baptism was an
    invention of the devil, and attacking the doctrines of the Church of Geneva. During
    the trial, Calvin called Servetus a "villainous cur". Calvin had wished the death be
    more merciful than burning and that he should be beheaded, but he had worked to
    secure the execution, some good men believed that the severity should be blamed
    upon him. On October 27, 1553, the torch was lit and in half an hour the spectators
    were satisfied. Disbelieving what was happening to him, he was burned at the stake
    over green wood so that it took three hours for him to die. Servetus met his death
    with steadfastness and prayer, calling upon the Son of the eternal God to grant him
    mercy.

The bigot and tyrant, John Calvin, never regretted the part he played in the case
    against Servetus and wrote a book defending his position. And though the leading
    Protestant divines supported Calvin's view that the execution had been more than
    justified, there was enough of an outcry to make further defense desirable, and in
    the next year Beza published his book "Whether Heretics should be punished By the
    Civil Magistrate?." The responsibility rests heavily enough on Calvin, but it rests still
    more upon the intolerant spirit of the age. After 1600 persons were rarely executed
    on this charge.

http://latter-rain.com/eccle/servetus.htm
  5. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    03 May '11 16:15
    It's a savage religion. See it my way or Burn forever in the Lake of Fire ! Nothing beautiful about the Christian church or it's teachings. Pure evil mixed with the occasional pleasantry.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 May '11 16:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

Massacre of Sand Creek, Colorado 11/29/1864. Colonel John Chivington, a former
    Methodist minister and still elder in the church (I long to be wading in gore) had a Cheyenne village of about 600, mostly women and children, gunned down despite the chiefs' waving with a white flag: 400-500 killed.
    There were approximately 200 killed at Sand Creek, some estimates are lower, out of 500 Cheyenne and probably less than 100 Arapaho. Two-thirds of this camp were women and children. Most of the men had ventured south in search of game. There was an American flag and a white flag of truce flying over the camp. Black Kettle had brought his group here under a promise of amnesty. They had established their winter camp at Sand Creek, approx. 40 miles from Fort Lyon, in what is now Kiowa county, Colorado.

My great-grandmother (my mother's mother's mother) was full blood Southern Cheyenne.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 16:424 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    There were approximately 200 killed at Sand Creek, some estimates are lower, out of 500 Cheyenne and probably less than 100 Arapaho. Two-thirds of this camp were women and children. Most of the men had ventured south in search of game. There was an American flag and a white flag of truce flying over the camp. Black Kettle had brought his group here unde ...[text shortened]... orado.

My great-grandmother (my mother's mother's mother) was full blood Southern Cheyenne.
    can i ask you if its not too personal, if it is pm me, but how do you reconcile these
    atrocities with your Christian faith, for to be sure they were perpetrated by Christians
    against innocent people. I may also like to say that it has been a life ambition to meet
    a native American, ever since i was a kid i watched grizzly Adams and i would love to
    live in a cabin in the hills and have as my best friend a grizzly bear and a native
    American. We would go fishing for salmon and whittle little figures made out of wood.
    When Jehovahs paradise comes that's what i will be doing. I dont know if we have
    congregations of native Americans but i know of a Blackfoot group of Witnesses,
    beautiful girls with long dark hair who are active. They have even some publications
    in the language. Maybe the G-man would know better.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 16:46
    Originally posted by buckky
    It's a savage religion. See it my way or Burn forever in the Lake of Fire ! Nothing beautiful about the Christian church or it's teachings. Pure evil mixed with the occasional pleasantry.
    you need to separate the teachings of Christ from the actions of Christians, they are
    not synonymous.
  9. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    03 May '11 17:52
    you need to separate the teachings of Christ from the actions of Christians, they are
    not synonymous.
    to an extent i agree with you BUT have you read the harshness and unforgiving nature of the first testiment? Those are Christian teachings are they not.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 May '11 17:58
    you need to separate the teachings of Christ from the actions of Christians, they are not synonymous.
    But it looks like you just said to Suzianne, "can i ask you if its not too personal, if it is pm me, but how do you reconcile these atrocities with your Christian faith, for to be sure they were perpetrated by Christians against innocent people."

So, would you accept "you need to separate the teachings of Christ from the actions of Christians, they are not synonymous" as an answer?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 May '11 18:24
    not synonymous.
    You need to separate the actions of Christians from the organizations they belong to. They are not synonymous.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '11 20:30
    Probably in another century there will be another cult with the same argument but listing the JWs as examples of human cruelty, citing the death of babies because of parents' refusal to accept blood transfusions.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '11 20:33
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Probably in another century there will be another cult with the same argument but listing the JWs as examples of human cruelty, citing the death of babies because of parents' refusal to accept blood transfusions.
    Reading the accounts of ex JWs and the childhood experiences with no birthdays or Christmas presents and the impact that had on them socially and mentally, one could easily include child abuse.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:08
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    what an ignorant answer, if a physician wishes to give a minor blood, he may do so. but we are of course not talking of merely one or two, shall we ask Conrau how many children Catholic clergy have abused and utterly wrecked the lives of, before we even get to the Nasiz's?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '11 21:132 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Reading the accounts of ex JWs and the childhood experiences with no birthdays or Christmas presents and the impact that had on them socially and mentally, one could easily include child abuse.
    Child abuse? we certainly wont be taking lessons from you people on how to bring
    up our children. Indeed, my kids teachers are absolutely astounded at how
    genuinely polite, helpful and considerate my kid is, in stark contrast they tell me to
    other children. People like ex witnesses can hardly be considered an unbiased
    source, they are just haters, like the rest. But this thread is not about us, its about
    the atrocities of Christians, so either start your own thread or post something
    relevant. As for presents, my kid gets lots of presents, he
    doesn't need a date to get presents, like you are doing them some type of favour
    once a year, get over it. Indeed, he has a play-station, a wii, and xbox360 with
    kinect, a mobile phone (hes nine), a bmx, a trampoline, a pc, a skateboard a PSP,
    etc etc etc On Monday our congregation went for a hill walk over looking loch
    Katrine, then a barbecue beside the Lake of Monteith, there were rope swings and
    the kids swam in the loch, and cooked sausages, they all thoroughly loved it. It
    was mixed from older ones to young ones, you people dont know the half of it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree