1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 01:28
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I don't believe your lying about anything. I have no reason to even think that.
    As I said our salvation rest completely in God's hands as it is a gift no one deserves, me included.
    And again there is no work, action or whatever that can earn us that. I hope you understand what I'm saying.
    But I have know many, many people in my life including family ...[text shortened]... sition in life that we can ignor what Jesus told us to do? That's all I question....
    Okay.

Now. Try to see what I'm saying here.

Christ is preached everywhere. Always has been. If you know your history.

Today there is all manner of media at work preaching Christ to the whole world.

The issue isn't WHO is preaching or HOW it's being done. The issue is WHAT is being preached.

So why don't we take a look at that? Now there are a lot of things you and I differ on, but the primary doctrine where we part company has to do with the incarnation.

Another is eternal security.

Which would you prefer to tackle first?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 01:45
    Originally posted by josephw
    Okay.

Now. Try to see what I'm saying here.

Christ is preached everywhere. Always has been. If you know your history.

Today there is all manner of media at work preaching Christ to the whole world.

The issue isn't WHO is preaching or HOW it's being done. The issue is WHAT is being preached.

So why don't we take a look at that? Now there are a ...[text shortened]... the incarnation.

Another is eternal security.

Which would you prefer to tackle first?
    why no one ever preached it to me, in my home, in the manner set forth in scripture, after the example of Jesus Christ and the Apostles, try that first.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 01:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why no one ever preached it to me, in my home, in the manner set forth in scripture, after the example of Jesus Christ and the Apostles, try that first.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you want to rephrase that?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 01:54
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you want to rephrase that?
    You have stated that Christ is preached everywhere, why was he not preached to me for twenty three years of my life? Also scripture states that a Christian should be a teacher, to preach and teach the Good News of Gods Kingdom, why did nobody teach me? Its cannot be that there was a shortage of Christians.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 01:56
    You have stated that Christ is preached everywhere, why was he not preached to me for twenty three years of my life? Also scripture states that a Christian should be a teacher, to preach and teach the Good News of Gods Kingdom, why did nobody teach me? Its cannot be that there was a shortage of Christians.
    Seek and ye shall find. 😉
  6. St. Peter's
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 01:58
    perhaps it was and you were not ready to listen
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 02:06
    I think there is a shortage of Christians don't you?

I think what you mean is that there is a shortage of Jehovah's witnesses.

Don't you think it's strange that Christ has been preached the world over long before there were any JWs'?

I don't think it's possible given the death and birth rate to reach every soul. There are far too many people in the world today to knock on every door. We have many different media outlets reaching far greater numbers. Even in Jesus' day they didn't knock on every door. Preaching was done mainly in the synagogue's.

Besides, like I said, I think it's more important what is preached.

Every body's got their pet doctrines.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 02:351 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Seek and ye shall find. 😉
    knock and it shall be opened to you (was not Christ referring to finding disciples?)
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 02:381 edit
    Originally posted by Doward
    perhaps it was and you were not ready to listen
    Well, its rather interesting, the only persons i can remember were, Mormon missionaries (who were speaking about something other than the good news of Gods Kingdom) and this dude who was a wee bit crazy who used to live near me who got fired from his secular work for preaching about the Lord, and that was it.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 02:441 edit
    I think there [b]is a shortage of Christians don't you?

I think what you mean is that there is a shortage of Jehovah's witnesses.

Don't you think it's strange that Christ has been preached the world over long before there were any JWs'?

I don't think it's possible given the death and birth rate to reach every soul. There are far too many people t's more important what is preached.

Every body's got their pet doctrines.[/b]
    Actually the term Jehovahs Witnesses come from the book of Isaiah, for we hold that everyone that bears witness about God, is a witness, therefore all the Biblical characters from Abel through to the Apostles are, by definition, considered Witnesses.

My point still remains unanswered, if Christ was being preached everywhere as you say, why was he never preached to me? Christians are supposed to be teachers of the Good News of Gods Kingdom! I would like an explanation? Was I unworthy? Were they too busy? Well ok , we lead busy lives, no doubt. But there are millions of Christians, possibly billions, and not one one them helped me to understand the Good News of Gods Kingdom, as per the example of the apostles and the Christ. Does that not strike you as rather strange?

Even in Jesus' day they didn't knock on every door???????

(Acts 20:20) while I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house.

???
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 02:52
    knock and it shall be opened to you (was not Christ referring to finding disciples?)
    No He wasn't.

Read the passage.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 02:57
    Actually the term Jehovahs Witnesses come from the book of Isaiah, for we hold that everyone that bears witness about God, is a witness, therefore all the Biblical characters from Abel through to the Apostles are, by definition, considered Witnesses.

My point still remains unanswered, if Christ was being preached everywhere as you say, why was h ...[text shortened]... the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house.

???
    "My point still remains unanswered, if Christ was being preached everywhere as you say, why was he never preached to me?"

Which Christ are you referring to? The one who is the incarnation of God or the one that might be the archangel Michael?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 03:08
    [b]"My point still remains unanswered, if Christ was being preached everywhere as you say, why was he never preached to me?"

Which Christ are you referring to? The one who is the incarnation of God or the one that might be the archangel Michael?[/b]
    Any Christ will do, the Christ of the Bible for example? No excuses Joseph!
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 03:24
    1 Judge not, that ye be not judged . 2 For with what judgment ye judge , ye shall be judged : and with what measure ye mete , it shall be measured to you again . 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold , a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. 6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. 7 Ask , and it shall be given you; seek , and ye shall find ; knock , and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth ; and he that seeketh findeth ; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened . 9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? 10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
    Matt.7:1-10

Nothing about finding disciples here my friend.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 03:291 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    1 Judge not, that ye be not judged . 2 For with what judgment ye judge , ye shall be judged : and with what measure ye mete , it shall be measured to you again . 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thin , will he give him a serpent?
    Matt.7:1-10

Nothing about finding disciples here my friend.
    Well how convenient for Christians, dont you think!

(Romans 10:14-15) However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent forth? Just as it is written: “How comely are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!” - not so convenient for them, apparently

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree