1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jan '11 05:44
    Another scripture from anyones Bible that not only disproves that one being saved " now " is not a Bible teaching but also confirms the work that all Christians should be pursuing.
    Again if just saying you believe in Christ is really all there is to it, what does this scripture mean?

Hebrews 10:32-39 (New Living Translation)

32 Think back on those early days when you first learned about Christ.[a] Remember how you remained faithful even though it meant terrible suffering. 33 Sometimes you were exposed to public ridicule and were beaten, and sometimes you helped others who were suffering the same things. 34 You suffered along with those who were thrown into jail, and when all you owned was taken from you, you accepted it with joy. You knew there were better things waiting for you that will last forever.

35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! 36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.

37 “For in just a little while,
    the Coming One will come and not delay.
    38 And my righteous ones will live by faith.[b]
    But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away.”[c]

39 But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved.

Verse 34 mentions getting something that is "waiting" which would last forever which would be salvation.
    Verse 36 mentions to continue to do God's will and that will was taught by his son Jesus while on earth. THEN you will recieve what was promised.
    Verse39 mentions ones who do not turn away from God which would still include doing his will and only THEN will your soul be saved.
  2. St. Peter's
    Moves
    14 Jan '11 21:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I see, you have no real evidence why its simply a perfunctory faith, based on nothing but unfounded emotionalism and cannot therefore answer a simple question without recourse to nothingness, that is, why you have abandoned the Christian ministry as directed by the son of God , Jesus Christ, and as exemplified in the life of the early Apostles. Squi ...[text shortened]... :2) . . .become a dwelling place of demons and a lurking place of every unclean exhalation . . .
    yes squillions of Christians unwilling to teach, and only the poor oppressed and persecuted JW's are doing God's work...does that about sum up your position?

St Francis said preach the gospel always, use words when necessary. If your actions arn't enough to persuade others then you must use words. If the actions (or works) of the JW's were sufficient then they wouldn't need words. We teach people more with our behavior than we ever can by our words and cute theological dogmas. Our testimony of faith is far more effective in teaching the good news than trying to "scientifically" teach an ordered theology.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '11 21:45
    A person HAS to be a JW in order to be saved, good works are next. Baptism (as a requirement for salvation) is tertiary and still erroneousness doctrine. By the time to get to justification by faith you're dead anyway.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jan '11 22:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    A person HAS to be a JW in order to be saved, good works are next. Baptism (as a requirement for salvation) is tertiary and still erroneousness doctrine. By the time to get to justification by faith you're dead anyway.
    You know my friend we have made piece here between us which is great so I really need to you to understand that first we do not believe that any JW is saved. Nor do we not teach or believe that in anyway. If there are any that say that among us, they are wrong.
    But the clearification of that is yes from our hearts we are doing the best we can to follow what Jesus commanded us to do. So in our hearts we feel we are the only ones in comparing ourselves to other Christain religions that are following Jesus's commands such as the worldwide teaching work we work so hard at.
    As I've stated before if other religions would do the same that would be fantasic as it would only help spread the message Jesus told us all to do.
    So again we are not saved at all but we leave that up to God who will and will not be given the gifts of the rewards the Bible speaks of.
    If you still refuse to understand that point then there is nothing else I can say to you....
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 18:38
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You know my friend we have made piece here between us which is great so I really need to you to understand that first we do not believe that any JW is saved. Nor do we not teach or believe that in anyway. If there are any that say that among us, they are wrong.
    But the clearification of that is yes from our hearts we are doing the best we can to follo ...[text shortened]...
    If you still refuse to understand that point then there is nothing else I can say to you....
    God won't save you (now or later or whenever) if your are not a member of the JW organisation. It's a simple point of truth, so I fail to see how it could in anyway disturb the peace as you put it.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 18:57
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Another scripture from anyones Bible that not only disproves that one being saved " now " is not a Bible teaching but also confirms the work that all Christians should be pursuing.
    Again if just saying you believe in Christ is really all there is to it, what does this scripture mean?

Hebrews 10:32-39 (New Living Translation)

32 Think back on t ...[text shortened]... ay from God which would still include doing his will and only THEN will your soul be saved.
    The Vedic teachings inform us that ultimately every single living entity will return back home to Godhead.

Even if you are Richard Dawkins, sooner or later (definitely later for him) you will return home, because the living entity is an eternal indestructible spiritual being, part and parcel of God.

There is no condemnation for anyone, because God is infinitely loving, merciful and just, and for the rebellious souls they will have to work out their karma for all their words spoken, deeds done and thoughts thought, until they arrive at the platform of love of God.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 23:19
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The Vedic teachings inform us that ultimately every single living entity will return back home to Godhead.

Even if you are Richard Dawkins, sooner or later (definitely later for him) you will return home, because the living entity is an eternal indestructible spiritual being, part and parcel of God.

There is no condemnation for anyone, because God i ...[text shortened]... words spoken, deeds done and thoughts thought, until they arrive at the platform of love of God.
    Uh.....OK!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree