Barbershop

Barbershop

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
18 Dec 06

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people?

Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be

neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."
"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That' ...[text shortened]... ood things happen to bad people. If one is to follow God, this isn't the reason.
I agree.

By the way , have you given up trying to show me how you have less pride than me on the other thread?

T

Moves
18 Dec 06

Originally posted by knightmeister
I agree.

By the way , have you given up trying to show me how you have less pride than me on the other thread?
Maybe you need to see that you have more pride than you have love for God.

w

Moves
18 Dec 06
2 edits

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
there are Christians on this site. also idc when people criticize Christianity it doesnt bother me. but it might bother other people thats when i say you need to stop
I suppose you are referring to myself. I would say, however, that I abhor political correctness even when such correctness may shield my own beliefs. Having said that, I would also say that it is preferable to be respectful when being politically incorrect. So fire away!!!!!!!

E

Moves
18 Dec 06

Originally posted by whodey
I suppose you are referring to myself. I would say, however, that I abhor political correctness even when such correctness may shield my own beliefs. Having said that, I would also say that it is preferable to be respectful when being politically incorrect. So fire away!!!!!!!
i didnt know you were Christian

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
19 Dec 06

...and after he slipped beneath the waves he was forgiven and ressurected to everlasting glory and joy beyond his utterly wildest imaginings and he saw all the people with tears wiped from their eyes enjoying eternal bliss......
So if you saw that tidal wave heading toward you, would you head for high ground or stand there and let it sweep you up to Jesus?

w

Moves
19 Dec 06

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
i didnt know you were Christian
Now thats cold but perhaps deserved.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
19 Dec 06

The implication is that sickness, abandoned children, suffering and pain can be avoided by going to God and looking to him for help. There's too much evidence to the contrary. Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people. If one is to follow God, this isn't the reason.
There is a theory that the greater the evil, the greater the good that rises up to fight it. So if God wanted to create the opportunity for the maximum good to be manifest among humans of free will, perhaps he would allow a greater level of evil to exist than He would normally prefer.

In other words, maybe it is up to us to rise to these challenges -- not Him.

S

Moves
19 Dec 06

Originally posted by spruce112358
There is a theory that the greater the evil, the greater the good that rises up to fight it. So if God wanted to create the opportunity for the maximum good to be manifest among humans of free will, perhaps he would allow a greater level of evil to exist than He would normally prefer.

Omnibenevolence and evil are not consistent.

T

Moves
19 Dec 06

Originally posted by spruce112358

That's an interesting theory. Another theory would be that good is good and that overcoming more evil doesn't make that good better.

I'd agree that it's up to each person to rise to the challenge of maturing beyond the self-centeredness that is the source of all evil perpetrated by man. Unfortunately mankind has yet to advance to this stage.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
19 Dec 06

Maybe you need to see that you have more pride than you have love for God.
I already know that , but hey , God doesn't give up on me. He has demonstrated his love for me big time and I'm still learning not to compare my pride levels with those of others.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
19 Dec 06

Originally posted by
So if you saw that tidal wave heading toward you, would you head for high ground or stand there and let it sweep you up to Jesus?
I would head for high ground of course , on the assumption that if God was to offer me a way out he would have something left for me to do in this world before I joined him. Also , it's not nice to drown and die and my self preservation would drive me to try and survive. If I didn't make it it would be frightening and probably painful but it wouldn't be an utterly , utterly terrible and awful thing , it would just be the end of my earthly life.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
19 Dec 06

Originally posted by Starrman
Omnibenevolence and evil are not consistent.
I agree on one level .But what if the only way there was to create beings like us with free will and the ability to love as sentient entities was to allow this state of affairs?

T

Moves
19 Dec 06

I already know that , but hey , God doesn't give up on me. He has demonstrated his love for me big time and I'm still learning not to compare my pride levels with those of others.
1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.

Perhaps someday you'll be able to stop speaking, thinking and reasoning like a child.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
19 Dec 06

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.

Perhaps someday you'll be able to stop speaking, thinking and reasoning like a child.
Let's not do this ThinkofOne. You started the exclusive claim to God thread and I challenged your idea that all religions are the same at their core. You interpreted my challenge as pride and I disputed this . However , we have more in common than not.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
20 Dec 06

Nordlys, what is the difference between a discussion forum and critic forum? Hopefully you will know the difference, but, you criticise 99% of the time while you discuss 1% of all the time. Is that because you have a very VERY bad self image and cant have a nice discussion with anybody, or do you like being childish most of the time?

Starrman and lioyank. Yes, to you this analogy is retarded, but then again, to explain something to a retarded person, you should use something which they can understand. Explaining to them a simple computer code the way you understand it, they would think you are living in the Nano age!

You are missing the point in the whole analogy. Let me explain it to you in a retarded way for you to understand, ok?

The person in the story knows that a barbershop exists. He has to go to the barbershop, pay him, and his hair will be cut. After he is done, he will look like a new person! If he doesn't, he will start looking unattractive.

The same way we all know that God really does exist. We have to go to Him, pay the price (and that is not to do sin anymore), and we will be cleaned, and after He is finished with us, we are new people. If we don’t do this, the alternative awaits us - HELL.
Uhm, now some of you will say "I don’t believe in God". I want to say, how can you not believe? Start looking around you and see the changes the world is making to get ready for the end. If you have read the Bible and really understand it, you will see that it tells you a lot that will happen before and after the rapture.

You have a choice, believe or don’t believe. Whichever one you choose will still bring you to a dead end. No one forces you to believe in God, it is your own free will.