1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 05:00
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Then you are not loving anyone now. If you want friends you must show yourself friendly.
    I have been homeless. The friendly ones are trying to take your stuff.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 07:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Why? We have no ultimate control over our lives. An "All or nothing" theology like Christianity is extremely childish and does NOT represent
    Neither does calling it "all or nothing".
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 07:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    What evidence do you have about the Canaanites aside from that which was written by.the Hebrews who were their enemies who wanted to take their land?
    You mean aside from the only other people who were there at the time?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 08:37
    Originally posted by apathist
    I have been homeless. The friendly ones are trying to take your stuff.
    Have you been with those that are not only friendly, but loving? I have never been
    homeless, and I'm very sorry to hear that you have.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 22:19
    Who has talked about shelving our responsibilities? We are to love each other from our family, our friends, as well as our enemies.
    Your logic implies it.
    You constantly go on about salvation and how Jesus is needed and only jesus and god can do this and that ... that's shelving responsibility, that's saying we cant do sweet fa without their 'approval' (power) ...
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 22:22
    Then you are not loving anyone now. If you want friends you must show yourself friendly.
    I want truth. Friends don't .
    or maybe up to a point.... I always seem to push the envelope, and people don't like that.
    I love all. I love complete strangers at times better than my family
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 22:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Neither does calling it "all or nothing".
    But it is a "all or nothing theology" . you either accept jc as your lord and saviour or you don't.
    Did I miss something?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 23:35
    But it is a "all or nothing theology" . you either accept jc as your lord and saviour or you don't.
    Did I miss something?
    If you don't have the Love of God within, you are left with what you can muster up on your own. That would be true on your good days and your bad.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 01:36
    Did I miss something?
    "Accepting JC" is just the beginning.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 08:54
    And the last.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 09:43
    FMF: What evidence do you have about the Canaanites aside from that which was written by.the Hebrews who were their enemies who wanted to take their land?

You mean aside from the only other people who were there at the time?
    So, the Hebrews carried out genocide and took their victims' land and then wrote an account of it in which they said their god had told them to do it, is that the long and short of it?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 10:10
    Okay, I have taken your advice and accepted Jim Carrey. I have overlooked his terrible acting in The Cable Guy and Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events.

So what's the next step?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 11:01
    I want truth. Friends don't .
    or maybe up to a point.... I always seem to push the envelope, and people don't like that.
    I love all. I love complete strangers at times better than my family
    Some passages which some Christians rather ignore:

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. (Romans 13:8-10 KJV)

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. (1 John 4:7-8 KJV)

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. (Galatians 6:2 KJV)

Love and charity is the greatest of all things and is the only thing that will outlast this world. All things will come to their natural end at the appropriate time, this world, all material things, faith, hope, all will end but love remains. Love and demonstrations of love and charity is what will determine if a man will be welcomed into the Kingdom of God.

If Christians were honest, they would readily admit that in all the teachings of Christ,his focus was love, charity and good works. It definitely was not about proclaimations faith and belief in him with your mouth.

Unfortunately many are not.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 21:32
    If you don't have the Love of God within, you are left with what you can muster up on your own. That would be true on your good days and your bad.
    I dont make the separation between God and man, mainly because there is no God per se
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 21:33
    I accept him. not as my saviour. not as my lord or keeper or whatever. I see him as another Boddhisatva who done his best in service of the 'light'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree