1. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:132 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I accept him. not as my saviour. not as my lord or keeper or whatever. I see him as another Boddhisatva who done his best in service of the 'light'
    Follow the teachings of Christ and you are good to go. You dont need to accept anything. The concept of 'accepting anything ' is like the Trinity does nott exist in the Bible.

There is no such thing as a personal saviour in the Bible either .. that is just another piece of nonsense doctrine taught by churches.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:47
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Okay, I have taken your advice and accepted Jim Carrey. I have overlooked his terrible acting in The Cable Guy and Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events.

So what's the next step?
    For your sake I hope you and God get on good terms instead of this childish mocking.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:51
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    For your sake I hope you and God get on good terms instead of this childish mocking.
    Anyone that lives a life of love and charity are on good terms with God.

Those who claim to believe and claim to have faith but do not live the life of love and charity ... it is those who are mocking God.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:55
    Wasn't your barb about fellow human beings with different beliefs from you being "pieces of meat that walk and talk" just "childish mocking" too?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Apr '17 14:53
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Anyone that lives a life of love and charity are on good terms with God.

Those who claim to believe and claim to have faith but do not live the life of love and charity ... it is those who are mocking God.
    Excellent post.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Apr '17 21:24
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Follow the teachings of Christ and you are good to go. You dont need to accept anything. The concept of 'accepting anything ' is like the Trinity does nott exist in the Bible.

There is no such thing as a personal saviour in the Bible either .. that is just another piece of nonsense doctrine taught by churches.
    Like I said, his teachings are in line with some others.

I don't know why this is so hard to accept.
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 03:42
    Have you been with those that are not only friendly, but loving? I have never been
    homeless, and I'm very sorry to hear that you have.
    The amount of misery in this world is astounding. It is difficult to deal with the fact that it is those you let close who get to stab you in the back.

Should we trust "love" from those who don't know us? The catholics for example do good charity work, but I'm aware that work is not done for the needy.

I appreciate your sentiment, kelly. And I have found there is something cleansing in our suffering. Too deep for this board though. Peace.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 19:44
    Originally posted by apathist
    The amount of misery in this world is astounding. It is difficult to deal with the fact that it is those you let close who get to stab you in the back.

Should we trust "love" from those who don't know us? The catholics for example do good charity work, but I'm aware that work is not done for the needy.

I appreciate your sentiment, kelly. And I have found there is something cleansing in our suffering. Too deep for this board though. Peace.
    The motivation of our hearts I believe is more important than any amounts we are talking about. Example Jesus praised a woman who gave a very small amount of money, but it was all she had. Then commented about those giving vast amounts, He said they were giving out of their wealth.

Suffering and pleasure can both harm us and strengthen us, its not always easy to see what we are looking at is doing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree