1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 16:12
    Those who claim to be Atheist, i do not worry about - much.
    I care for all. And am not limited by titles. Because in truth, the titles mean nothing. It is only what is in your heart that truly matters.

It is what is in your heart that God sees!
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 16:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's a play on words; a belief in religion is different to a strongly held point of view which could could also be said to believing something to be true. Believing that someone is speaking the truth enters into judicial language also, where a jury may or may not choose to believe something based on the evidence being either compelling them to believe, o ...[text shortened]... guistic point of view an atheist "believes" that atheism is correct. It's all smoke and mirrors.
    "...from a linguistic point of view an atheist "believes" that atheism is correct."

If a person simply professes to lack belief in the existence of deity, and does not profess that deity is nonexistent, then there is nothing to be correct about, other than that it is correct that he lacks belief.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 16:30
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    There is another type of atheist, worst of any human on the planet. A spiritual Atheist. A Christian, who in his stubborness and pride feels he is above all and cannot accept any other possibility. This type of Atheist has become spiritually corrupt.
    HEY, NO MORE CRACKS ABOUT MY PRIDE !!!!!!

And I'm not stubborn !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I would really like to know what difference any kind of life makes if there is no God. I don't know to start a new thread. Maybe, I'll just ask it here.

Now if God does not exist then what difference does it make that anyone lived, anything existed, how we behaved, what we "lived" for ?

Honestly. What difference does it make ?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 22:16
    There is another type of atheist, worst of any human on the planet. A spiritual Atheist. A Christian, who in his stubborness and pride feels he is above all and cannot accept any other possibility. This type of Atheist has become spiritually corrupt.
    I don't believe a Christian can become atheist
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 22:361 edit
    There are a couple of "Been There, Done That" supposed X Christians who do a pretty good job at acting so.

Michael Schermer,
    Sam Harris,
    Bart Erhman

But then again the Apostle Paul said a few of his close co-workers had become "shipwrecked" concerning the faith. So even in the New Testament some apostolic workers made a shipwreck of their faith.

I am with you though. I don't believe anyone can be unborn again once they are born again.

Noah and family stepped into the ark, a type of Christ, and they were shut in. Once you are in Christ you cannot get out. That's my reading of the Bible.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 05:45
    Originally posted by sonship
    There are a couple of "Been There, Done That" supposed X Christians who do a pretty good job at acting so.

Michael Schermer,
    Sam Harris,
    Bart Erhman

But then again the Apostle Paul said a few of his close co-workers had become "shipwrecked" concerning the faith. So even in the New Testament some apostolic workers made a shipwreck of their fait ...[text shortened]... were [b]shut
    in. Once you are in Christ you cannot get out. That's my reading of the Bible.[/b]
    So there is no such thing as an ex-Christian. According to Divegeester and Sonship.

Any other Christians care to weigh in? (....sound of crickets...)
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 15:41
    Those who claim to be Atheist, i do not worry about - much.
    I care for all.
    Typical double speak!
    You care for me but you do not worry about me?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 17:06
    I don't know for sure.

It's very clear that some certainly do "make a shipwreck of their faith."
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 17:271 edit

Michael Schermer,
    Sam Harris,
    Bart Erhman

You could add John Loftus to that list.

Here he gives a condensed version of his NO --> YES --> NO journey--

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2006/02/my-conversiondeconversion-story.html
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 17:57
    [b] HEY, NO MORE CRACKS ABOUT MY PRIDE !!!!!!

And I'm not stubborn !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I would really like to know what difference any kind of life makes if there is no God. I don't know to start a new thread. Maybe, I'll just ask it here.

Now if God does not exist then what difference does it make that anyone lived, anything existed, how we behaved, what we "lived" for ?

Honestly. What difference does it make ?[/b]
    there is a difference of being prideful and proud.

I am proud to be a Christian, I am proud to be an American. But i am not prideful, feeling i can do no wrong, or that i am above reproach.

Scripture states that God hates a prideful heart.
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 18:02
    I was thinking of this later, that the concept of this type of Christian is not Atheist, but something else altogether. However, anyone who claims to be a Christian, yet becomes an island unto him/herself. That is, this person feels the "god complex", the world cannot get along without me. This type of person is truly lost.
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 18:07
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Typical double speak!
    You care for me but you do not worry about me?
    You mistake what i meant. I do not worry much about the Atheist because all those I've met are more Christian than the Christians are. Their compassion is deep, it is something God loves.
  13. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 18:58
    Are you and sonship really arguing that there has never been a single person in all human history who has converted from Christianity to atheism?

Never in a million years would it even have crossed my mind that someone would make this argument. If anyone wonders why atheists come to a forum to debate religious people, this is a prime example. Rational, intelligent people can't anticipate arguments like this one, so at least part of the reason atheists come to forums like this is to learn how to debate against absurd and nonsensical arguments.

In any event, I offer both myself and the link below as evidence against your idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts_to_Nontheism
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 19:13
    Originally posted by PatNovak
    Are you and sonship really arguing that there has never been a single person in all human history who has converted from Christianity to atheism?

Never in a million years would it even have crossed my mind that someone would make this argument. If anyone wonders why atheists come to a forum to debate religious people, this is a prime example. Rational, i ...[text shortened]... low as evidence against your idea.

Pat, there are millions who call themselves Atheists all because of some crazy dogma or teaching from a priest or preacher that pissed them off, or just doesn't make sense.

But it isn't the title, Christian, Catholic, J.W., Jew, Buddist, or any other world religion that will bring you to the Father. God. Belief or unbelief won't do it either. All that truly matters is in your heart. If you love, wife,spouse, children, mankind. If you have compassion for others, anyone. Jesus lives in you, and you live in Him.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 20:221 edit
    Originally posted by PatNovak

Never in a million years would it even have crossed my mind that someone would make this argument. If anyone wonders why atheists come to a forum to debate religious people, this is a prime example. Rational, i ...[text shortened]... low as evidence against your idea.

The position "no Christian ever becomes an atheist" begs for a No True Scotsman argument, that is, an argument such that: If any person self-identifies as a Christian and then later in life self-identifies as an atheist, that person was never a True Christian. There was something essential to being a Christian missing from his faith.

I can't imagine how this trap can be avoided.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree