Belief

Belief

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Jun 09

Originally posted by stoker
you are true to state wars are fought with a beleif at its heart. but its more to do with power and greed. the lastest wars a example. very few declare holy wars against another faith.
lots of trouble in this world yes yes yes but are you ignoring all other troubles other than wars??? killing rape theft are not confind to wars.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Jun 09

No I am not ignoring other troubles.
Wars was an example.
I'm certainly not addressing all troubles but I think a fair cross-section.
Certainly there is a lot of conflict when old,'unintergrated' beliefs are not 'up-dated'

Moves
18 Jun 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Heres one answer for the 2 posts above:
Yes I had a belief when I took upon my origonal premise and part of that premise is that my belief(s) would be shattered upon completion of that premise.

I would argue that unless certain attributes of your premise are in fact set in stone, then you have to be open to the possibility that your beliefs will be shattered in a different way, for example by coming to realise that there is no god.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Jun 09

Originally posted by Lord Shark
[b]Heres one answer for the 2 posts above:
Yes I had a belief when I took upon my origonal premise and part of that premise is that my belief(s) would be shattered upon completion of that premise.

I would argue that unless certain attributes of your premise are in fact set in stone, then you have to be op ...[text shortened]... efs will be shattered in a different way, for example by coming to realise that there is no god.[/b]
Yep,that is a good interpretation of the words I typed-cant argue with you there.
I'm going to need some time and rest to get my mind together , but I'm not runnig away from this thread.

w

Moves
18 Jun 09
1 edit

Yep,that is a good interpretation of the words I typed-cant argue with you there.
I'm going to need some time and rest to get my mind together , but I'm not runnig away from this thread.
While you get your head together, here is yet another perspective on belief. Beleif is nothing more than an interpretation of the data around you. For example, we used to think that the universe revolved around the earth based upon the fact of our observations of nature of watching the stars move across the sky routinely in a systamatic pattern. However, as we now know these beliefs were misguided. The data was not bad, rather it was merely the interpretation of the data that was wrong. So why have a belief at all? The reason is that the data is totally useless without being able to interpret it. For example, we could calculate how and when the stars move acorss the sky routinely but for what end? For what purpose other than simply to have the data in and of itself?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
18 Jun 09

I claim not to believe in anything.
Would you ever try to catch a rattlesnake with your bare hands?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Jun 09

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Would you ever try to catch a rattlesnake with your bare hands?
Ok. Lets get one thing str8 here
I CLAIM not to believe in anything to myself and others,Obviously I still have my fearful,little-boy beliefs buried down there somewhere

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Jun 09

Beliefs are related to thinking,right?
(i think this is from bhuddism)
Thinking along spiritual terms can be thought of in 4 different ways:
Thinking as...
1. Stone. These thoughts are hard and need to be chisselled or broken to be changed
2.Sand. These thoughts also stay rigid however they can more easily be brushed away
3. Water. water takes on whatever form it sits in. water flows to the lowest ground.
(obviously these analogies can be taken much furthur but I'm sure you can use your imaginations)
4. "the thinking of an enlightened person". No analogies here. This type of thinking is beyond our current understanidng and should not be compared to any of the above.
I would like to think I think 'like water'. I readily take on others ideas and just as readily drop them.

w

Moves
19 Jun 09

Beliefs are related to thinking,right?
(i think this is from bhuddism)
Thinking along spiritual terms can be thought of in 4 different ways:
Thinking as...
1. Stone. These thoughts are hard and need to be chisselled or broken to be changed
2.Sand. These thoughts also stay rigid however they can more easily be brushed away
3. Water. water takes on ...[text shortened]... o think I think 'like water'. I readily take on others ideas and just as readily drop them.
So would that make you an agnostic or atheist?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jun 09

Originally posted by whodey
So would that make you an agnostic or atheist?
You tell me, I will wear whatever labels you want to give me.
I don't consider myself any of those but if pressed for an answer...maybe i'm leaning towards agnostic?
(that question has made me confused🙄)
What are you? christian?

w

Moves
19 Jun 09
2 edits

You tell me, I will wear whatever labels you want to give me.
I don't consider myself any of those but if pressed for an answer...maybe i'm leaning towards agnostic?
(that question has made me confused🙄)
What are you? christian?
Yes, a Christian.

Want to hear a good joke? What do you call an agnostic? He is an atheist without any gonades. LOL.

Now is that a belief or a fact?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jun 09

Yes, a Christian.

Want to hear a good joke? What do you call an agnostic? He is an atheist without any gonades. LOL.

Now is that a belief or a fact?
Well I suppose it could be a belief or a fact.
Or like you said it may just be a good joke😀

w

Moves
19 Jun 09

Well I suppose it could be a belief or a fact.
Or like you said it may just be a good joke😀
Well at least its something I posted that didn't confuse you. 😉

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jun 09

Well at least its something I posted that didn't confuse you. 😉
Tom Waits: "my confusion is oh so clear"
...classic line

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Jun 09

You can believe in whatever you want but that dose not make what you believe to be necessarily true. Example: You can believe that the earth is flat but that can be proved false. Example:You can believe that if you jump off a building you will not fall and go splat!! But try it & see LOL 🙂 So I would say somethings are absolutes!! I believe you should try to believe in what can be proved at least for metal sanity 🙂

Manny