1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 04:19
    Originally posted by menace71
    You can believe in whatever you want but that dose not make what you believe to be necessarily true. Example: You can believe that the earth is flat but that can be proved false. Example:You can believe that if you jump off a building you will not fall and go splat!! But try it & see LOL πŸ™‚ So I would say somethings are absolutes!! I believe you should try to believe in what can be proved at least for metal sanity πŸ™‚

Manny
    No,I'm not going to do that .
    I'm sure there are plenty of others trying thet approach already
    I do like the soounds of metal-sanity. Mental-sanity is even better πŸ™‚
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 04:242 edits
    You can believe in whatever you want but that dose not make what you believe to be necessarily true. Example: You can believe that the earth is flat but that can be proved false. Example:You can believe that if you jump off a building you will not fall and go splat!! But try it & see LOL πŸ™‚ So I would say somethings are absolutes!! I believe you should try to believe in what can be proved at least for metal sanity πŸ™‚

Manny
    Only believe what you can prove? This is not a course in mathamatics is it?

I would say believe what you know to be right or true. Believe what you want to become. After all, it shapes where you are headed, therefore, it is the single greatest aspect of your life.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 04:24
    http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

LOL can't tell if it's a joke ? πŸ˜‰

Manny
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 04:28
    Well I should think that out a bit more. I think the things that are known as fact should be accepted as fact. Reality that is what I meant. I believe a lot of our issues as humans are because we can't accept reality πŸ™‚

Manny
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 04:372 edits
    Well I should think that out a bit more. I think the things that are known as fact should be accepted as fact. Reality that is what I meant. I believe a lot of our issues as humans are because we can't accept reality πŸ™‚

Manny
    What is accepted as fact in your mind are merely thoughts that go unchallenged. For example, you accpet that the country of India is there even though you may not have ever been there. All you life you have seen pictures and hear people talk about it but never have you encountered someone who said that it does not exist. However, if you did meet some one that said it does not exist you would think him to be a crazy person. However, the more people you encounter that say it exists will cause you to question this belief. In addtion, the more evidence they may bring to you that it does not exist may cause you to sway your beliefs further. Perhaps that is why it says in the Bible that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. This is simply how we are wired so be wary of what you feed your brain....if you know what I mean.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 04:37
    Man that flat earth stuff is crazy LOL it must be a joke.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 04:401 edit
    Man that flat earth stuff is crazy LOL it must be a joke.
    BUt that just goes to prove my point. They have zero evidence other than the fact that there appears to be a following of sorts. In fact, you could have been born into a world where everyone thought the world was flat. In such a scenerio odds are you would have believed the same till the day you died unless you took it upon yourself to seek the truth all by yourself.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 04:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    What is accepted as fact in your mind are merely thoughts that go unchallenged. For example, you accpet that the country of India is there even though you may not have ever been there. All you life you have seen pictures and hear people talk about it but never have you encountered someone who said that it does not exist. However, if you did meet some one t ...[text shortened]... is is simply how we are wired so be wary of what you feed your brain....if you know what I mean.
    We can know that something exist with ever seeing it πŸ™‚ The atom. electrons ect. India. Don't need to see it to know it exist. God if you will.

Manny
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 04:42
    We can know that something exist without ever seeing it πŸ™‚ The atom. electrons ect. India. Don't need to see it to know it exist. God if you will.

Manny
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 04:47
    We can know that something exist with ever seeing it πŸ™‚ The atom. electrons ect. India. Don't need to see it to know it exist. God if you will.

Manny
    True. You can use deductive reasoning as evidence even though it is not proof. For example, where did matter come from in the Big Bang when we know that matter cannot be created or destroyed? Where did life come from in a seemingly lifeless universe in which we cannot create life ourselves or even see it being created?
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 04:59
    I guess my point was or is somethings are provable. The things that are provable believe in. Now God might not fit into that category but not all is relative there are absolutes. Somethings are knowable or known as facts. This is reality what is real.

Manny
  12. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 08:21
    True. You can use deductive reasoning as evidence even though it is not proof. For example, where did matter come from in the Big Bang when we know that matter cannot be created or destroyed? Where did life come from in a seemingly lifeless universe in which we cannot create life ourselves or even see it being created?
    Sorry to but in, but I don't think that is deductive reasoning, it is more like a sketch of some of the arguments of natural theology, which are neither valid nor deductive.
  13. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 18:501 edit
    …where did matter come from in the Big Bang when we know that matter cannot be created or destroyed?
    (my emphasis)

If the standard most accepted understanding of the big bang is correct, no matter was created or destroyed BECAUSE time began at the start of the big bang. The mater/energy (the two are equivalent at least in this context) wasn’t “created” because it was “always” there i.e. it existed at ALL points in time that exist (and before somebody asks “but was there matter before the big bang”, there was no “before” if the standard most accepted understanding of the big bang is correct because time STARTED then)

…Where did life come from in a seemingly lifeless universe in which we cannot create life ourselves or even see it being created?
    ..…

The first living cell must have been spontaneously created from non-living matter -don’t see a problem here.
  14. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 18:57

Manny
    …we know that something exist with ever seeing it πŸ™‚The atom. electrons ect.
    (my emphasis)

We know this because of the EVIDENCE and REASON.

…Don't need to see it to know it exist. God if you will.

..…

There is NO evidence of a “God“.
    Therefore you cannot compare the belief that there are electrons with the belief that there is a “God” -one is base on evidence and reason and the other is based on blind faith.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 19:10
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…we know that something exist with ever seeing it πŸ™‚The atom. electrons ect.
    (my emphasis)

We know this because of the EVIDENCE and REASON.

…Don't need to see it to know it exist. God if you will.

..…

Therefore you cannot compare the belief that there are electrons with the belief that there is a “God” -one is base on evidence and reason and the other is based on blind faith.[/b]
    =================
    ========================

You are expecting something in a test tube?
    You demand something seen under the microscope or seen with telescope ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree