1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '11 19:09
    Vedic authority is not about belief because it is "sanatana dhama" that which is eternal and unchangeable and is intrinsic to every living entity. (fact)

Belief is required when someone is faced with falsity and every part of their being is rejecting this falsity but they have been told that to be a good follower they must just believe and therefore that is when false teaching is embraced.

Vedic authority does not present falsity so belief is not required but Vedic authority presents fact which only requires acceptance.

Just like at school when we are learning our mathematics.....we just accept. (no belief required)

We do not believe the earth spins we simply accept it because it is fact.

When false religion tells us that dead bodies will some day jump from the grave we do not accept this because it is not fact, but the pseudo religious leaders will demand their followers to just believe this and therefore this is when falsity is embraced.

Belief is required when the person is faced with falsity. (they don't accept it so they then embrace belief)

Persons defending false science and false religion become dishonest when they defend their belief systems. (they refuse to let their falsity go)

Proof that belief systems are false is that people change their belief systems.

Muslim becomes Christian and then we see that Christian become Muslim.

Sanatana dhama cannot change it is eternal and Vedic teaching is sanatana dhama. (unchangeable)

Once a person understands what is sanatana dhama they never reject it because it is truth and fact and unchangable.

Fact does not change and the truth today is the truth tomorrow.

Animal slaughter/cruelty is wrong and we don't need belief to accept this because it is clearly obvious ...........we all should put trust in our honest heart in these matters and not force ourselves to believe falsity because we have been instructed by false religion to just believe.

Faith is different than belief and we embrace faith temporarily in the beginning when expecting some future result when practising our spiritual living.

All students in the beginning embrace faith but as the student experiences realization and enlightment their faith becomes knowing very quickly.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '11 20:58
    1st point: Vedic/Vedanta has no "authority".

You are welcome to start again.
  3. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    04 Sep '11 21:59
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Vedic authority is not about belief because it is "sanatana dhama" that which is eternal and unchangeable and is intrinsic to every living entity. (fact)

Belief is required when someone is faced with falsity and every part of their being is rejecting this falsity but they have been told that to be a good follower they must just believe and therefore that is ...[text shortened]... he student experiences realization and enlightment their faith becomes knowing very quickly.
    Retarded
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 00:23
    Originally posted by nook7
    Retarded
    ..but still trying 🙂
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 00:49
    Originally posted by DasaVedic authority is not about belief because it is "sanatana dhama" that which is eternal and unchangeable and is intrinsic to every living entity. (fact)
    [/quote]

not fact. as already mentioned, there is no authority in vedic speculation.

Belief is required when someone is faced with falsity....

falsity can only exist where there is belief.

Vedic authority does not present falsity so belief is not required but Vedic authority presents fact which only requires acceptance.

you've been rambling on about vedic this and vedic that for a long time. not once have you uttered anything remotely resembling a "fact."

all you have presented is a speculation claiming to be an 'authority' and this 'authority' must be believed. this is nickel a gross stuff. there is nobody here who hasn't heard 50 different self prescribed authorities who wax lyrical about how they are the only truth and everybody else sucks.

Just like at school when we are learning our mathematics.....we just accept. (no belief required)

it's not like that at all. math is practical. vedas are useless.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 01:26

Belief is required when someone is faced with falsity and every part of their being is rejecting this falsity but they have been told that to be a good follower they must just believe and therefore that is ...[text shortened]... he student experiences realization and enlightment their faith becomes knowing very quickly.
    You are only attempting to excuse the evil within you and do not recognize
    your own dishonesty. You need to wake up and smell the coffee and stop
    blaming others for your shortcomings.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 02:14
    Good for you if you choose to "accept" the "Vedic authority". I respect your right to believe what you want and to follow the lifestyle choices - such as your vegetarianism and your distaste for sex with your wife - that spring from it. However your attempted superimposing of your subjective beliefs, and the prohibitions and obligations attendant thereto, onto other posters, is where you stumble. Your beliefs are apparently having no impact on anyone else's beliefs on this forum. Do you think your incessant and impervious internet persona serves your belief system well?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 03:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are only attempting to excuse the evil within you and do not recognize
    your own dishonesty. You need to wake up and smell the coffee and stop
    blaming others for your shortcomings.
    I recall you trying to silence me with talk of "evil" and "Satan's influence" and how I might want to kill you and all Americans because I live in Indonesia. So, now. Tell us. What "evil" do you perceive in Dasa?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 03:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    I recall you trying to silence me with talk of "evil" and "Satan's influence" and how I might want to kill you and all Americans because I live in Indonesia. So, now. Tell us. What "evil" do you perceive in Dasa?
    Christians live by fear. That is bred into them, drilled into their psyche by the brainwashing of their churches. Concepts like 'original sin' 'born into sin' 'everyone is a sinner always', the way my grandmother tried to instill fear in me by telling me I would be damned and go to hell and burn all over forever and ever if I wasn't baptized in the Pentacostal way instead of the wimpy Lutheran way I was baptized. I was actually happy with that since it showed me how ridiculous religions were at the fundamental level, all based on myths and downright lies. Some 8 year old kids can see beyond their nose as it turns out.

So fear is instilled early on into christians since fear is a great controller of mankind.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 07:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So fear is instilled early on into christians since fear is a great controller of mankind.
    Have you ever heard it said: n=1 is not a good sample
  11. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 08:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    1st point: Vedic/Vedanta has no "authority".

You are welcome to start again.
    For theist Hindus,Vedas are an authority. Not necessarily for others. For the intellectually curious,Vedas should be of much interest. The 4 books are as old as the Talmud/Old Testament,if not older. The books contain the first attempts towards verbalizing concepts of God. Apart from being fine poetry,there is much thinking not only about God but also about everyday life.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 09:06
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    For theist Hindus,Vedas are an authority. Not necessarily for others. For the intellectually curious,Vedas should be of much interest.
    They are interesting, it's true. But, as you say, they do not represent an "authority" to people who are not theist Hindus.
  13. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 05:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Christians live by fear. That is bred into them, drilled into their psyche by the brainwashing of their churches. Concepts like 'original sin' 'born into sin' 'everyone is a sinner always', the way my grandmother tried to instill fear in me by telling me I would be damned and go to hell and burn all over forever and ever if I wasn't baptized in the Pentacos ...[text shortened]... o fear is instilled early on into christians since fear is a great controller of mankind.
    I live without fear so your statement is wrong.

Yet, your grandmother is to be blamed for you not believing in Christianity. Not God. You have been brainwashed by her believing you'd actually go to hell. You should have started looking for the truth, but now all you do is talk crap about Christians all the time and find comfort in telling yourself and other its all just a story. Why are you even in this spirituality forum even though it is clear you've got no spiritual beliefs?

Science is nothing spiritual, maybe you should spend you energy in some other forum then.
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 06:18
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    For theist Hindus,Vedas are an authority. Not necessarily for others. For the intellectually curious,Vedas should be of much interest. The 4 books are as old as the Talmud/Old Testament,if not older. The books contain the first attempts towards verbalizing concepts of God. Apart from being fine poetry,there is much thinking not only about God but also about everyday life.
    i've heard that all hindus don't accept the vedas as authority. do you have any figures on the percentage that do vs. the percentage that don't?
  15. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 18:31
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i've heard that all hindus don't accept the vedas as authority. do you have any figures on the percentage that do vs. the percentage that don't?
    I do not have the figures. An educated guess can be made about numbers of theist Hindus. Hindus between age 18 and 65 may be about 650 millions out of total 1230 million population of India. Theist Hindus may be about 500 millions out of this. Highly conscious of our heritage and well educated may be about 50 million out of this. These people will be believers in the Vedas. Against this, educated Hindus not believing in Vedas may be neglighble.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree