1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 18:181 edit
    What form does it take? An actual voice in your head? A chance occurance that helps you? What is it?
  2. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 20:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What form does it take? An actual voice in your head? A chance occurance that helps you? What is it?
    I would say God talks through my heart. In most cases, everything comes from your heart (figural speaking)
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 20:56
    This is a good question. I will respond with something I saw last night. I saw the movie "Borat." Now I know most would not consider this a spiritual movie, but I had the opposite reaction. He was on a journey. He listened to something within himself. He took his "calling" seriously. He tried to experience many aspects of the world and other people.

Plus , I laughed my ass off.
  4. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 20:58
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    This is a good question. I will respond with something I saw last night. I saw the movie "Borat." Now I know most would not consider this a spiritual movie, but I had the opposite reaction. He was on a journey. He listened to something within himself. He took his "calling" seriously. He tried to experience many aspects of the world and other people.

Plus , I laughed my ass off.
    That movie was the funniest thing I have ever seen! lol! 😀
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 21:01
    Originally posted by Bad wolf
    That movie was the funniest thing I have ever seen! lol! 😀
    But you have to admit there was something "Jesus-like" when he brings the big black prostitute to that southern mansion and they (including the pastor) kick them out. There was something rather innocent and lovely about her. Of course, I find all kinds of theological parallels in movies.
  6. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 21:14
    But you have to admit there was something "Jesus-like" when he brings the big black prostitute to that southern mansion and they (including the pastor) kick them out. There was something rather innocent and lovely about her. Of course, I find all kinds of theological parallels in movies.
    Nah, I never noticed anything like that.
    I almost died laughing! 😳
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 23:56
    idk
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 01:46
    Like the Matrix movies?
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 01:47
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Like the Matrix movies?
    No. Jesus was non-violent. Plus, I didn't see any whores in the Matrix movies.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 03:10
    No. Jesus was non-violent. Plus, I didn't see any whores in the Matrix movies.
    Well, I was talking about how Neo is like a savior.
    Remember at the begining of the first one a guy at his apartment door calls him his savior.

But anyways the girl in the red dress and the French mans wife.
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 03:56
    God speaks to us today through his word the bible. If anyone says otherwise they are dead wrong!
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 13:14
    Originally posted by josephw
    God speaks to us today through his word the bible. If anyone says otherwise they are dead wrong!
    Does God speak to us through things other than the Bible?
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 13:26
    Does God speak to us through things other than the Bible?
    Other than what we see in creation, no.
    God has said all he is going to say in his word the bible.
    There is no new revelation of his will being given to man. We now have all we need to know concerning his will for man contained in scripture.
    Any doubt of this will only lead to error.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 14:041 edit
    There is no new revelation of his will being given to man. We now have all we need to know concerning his will for man contained in scripture.
    That's really a shame. I think that was the prevailing theology of Jesus' time. Occasionally I hear a really good sermon that may use modern literature as instructive and supportive of an idea in the Bible.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 14:54
    I am not sure I agree. I would agree, however, that any revelations we may recieve from God should be scrutinized by his written word, however. I have recieved revelations from God concerning my own life, or at least, I attribute such revelations to him.