1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 11:18
    Originally posted by jaywill
    In this post I wrote many things about Jesus Christ aside from the matter of the last judgment.

Who understands what I meant by the U-Turn of Christ ?
    That which seperated us from God, also seperated him from us.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 11:231 edit
    Christ came to multiple Himself and produce many sons of God. This teaching in John 12 proves that there is a multiplying aspect of his death and resurrection:

"And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.

Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless the grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies it abides alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit." (John 12:23,24)

The divine life was concealed within the shell of the humanity of Jesus. That divine life was limited to Himself. By falling into the ground and dying the grain the outer shell of the grain of wheat cracks open and the life is released from it to multiply into much fruit - many other grains of wheat.

This illustration Jesus told to indicate that His death on the cross was also the breaking of the concealing shell of His humanity that the divine life within Him would be released into many other men and women. By dispensing His life into them He multiplies Himself in them.

The one Son, the only begotten Son becomes the Firstborn Son of God, the Elder Brother of the many sons of God.

His human shell was cracked upon in His crucifixion and death. He fell into the ground and His divine life was released into many grains.

I am one of the many grains. All who are reading this may also become one of those many grains by receiving Christ into their heart.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 11:27
    Originally posted by duecer
    That which seperated us from God, also seperated him from us.
    Amen.

And He thoroughly deals with that separation in His complete salvation. To the point that we are joined with Christ the Lord in our deepest kernel of our being:

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

The two spirits - our human spirit and the Holy Spirit, become joined within us to be one spirit. That is one mingled, one blended, one interwoven, one mutually interpenetrating spirit.

We are also "firmly attached to the anointed one". This is really wonderful.
  4. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 04:56
    Beyond Jesus and behind Jesus is the biggest money making population control scam in human history.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 11:162 edits
    Originally posted by clearlight
    Beyond Jesus and behind Jesus is the biggest money making population control scam in human history.
    That is not a statement on the non-truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus. That is a statement on the depravity of man to utilize that which is highest for the basest means.

Jesus said that we could not serve God and mammon. So if we follow Jesus we cannot serve mammon.

And while there is no doubt that just as Jesus entered into the temple and drove out the money grubbers then, those serving mammon may await a rude judgment before Him to come.

Now, Chess is also a large money making business. Do you not play chess because of that ? As you perhaps play for the love of the game so millions of us live unto Jesus for the love of Jesus.

What usually gets the Media hype going is not that, but as you point out, scandelous money matters in the religious world. It is not as if we were not warned by Christ Himself. The love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.

So Christ Himself the Lord has nothing to do with a control scam or money making scandal. As convenient of an excuse it may be to live for my sins rather than unto Christ, I don't think I'll adopt it.

I look to God for the grace to realize that everything I have belongs to Him and His purpose, money included. Had He not given me health today I could not make any. So I want to not be anxious over money but prove Him over and over again that He takes care of my needs.

I can take care of His purpose with a portion of that which He has blessed me to have.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 14:47
    That is not a statement on the non-truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus. That is a statement on the depravity of man to utilize that which is highest for the basest means.

Jesus said that we could not serve God and mammon. So if we follow Jesus we cannot serve mammon.

And while there is no doubt that just as Jesus entered into the temple and drove ou ...[text shortened]... ds.

I can take care of His purpose with a portion of that which He has blessed me to have.
    Tell me this, Jaywill, once and for all, is Jesus the only way to God? Like (blind) devotion to JC will gaurantee us a place in heaven.
    Dont the Hare Krsnas also have a similar kind of devotion to Krsna?

Now I dont have any probelm with Jesus and the Christian notion of God. (well I do , but not in this context). Why is Jesus the only way? Does Christianity have a monopoly on the "Truth"?
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 20:30
    I get it. 🙂 Bethel & Bethlehem have very similar meanings. Jesus is that ladder. Connecting God & man & Vise versa. Connecting heaven with earth & earth with heaven. The types and metaphors in the scriptures are awesome. God wants to live in His people. I always asked myself why did I come to the Kings table? To escape hell fire? At first this was true. God however wants to live in us. Wants to have a relationship with us.

Manny
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 02:441 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Tell me this, Jaywill, once and for all, is Jesus the only way to God? Like (blind) devotion to JC will gaurantee us a place in heaven.
    Dont the Hare Krsnas also have a similar kind of devotion to Krsna?

Now I dont have any probelm with Jesus and the Christian notion of God. (well I do , but not in this context). Why is Jesus the only way? Does Christianity have a monopoly on the "Truth"?
    I can only write a concise post here and not a book.

1.) The destination of God's salvation is not Heaven. The New Jerusalem in the end of the Bible is a sign that signifies the mingling of God and man.

You should think of the ultimate goal of salvation as to become like Christ rather than "going" to a happy place. The saved are going into a Person rather than going to a happy place.

The saved are being transformed into that final destination. That is the multiplication of God-men, the brothers of Christ the Firstborn Son of God.

This thread I called Beyond Jesus is God to emphasize that the eternal plan of God is to bring not just A man into deification but to bring a corporate group of people into a corporate expression of the mingling of God and man.

2.) Jesus said " No one comes to the Father except through Me ". My opinion is that that is somewhat different from saying " No one comes to the Father except [through Christianity]"

For Jesus to say "No one comes to the Father except through Me" means to me that a PERSON, Jesus is the way to God.

Another way to put this is that in all time, everywhere, anywhere, in all history, over all the earth, among all people, IF someone comes to the Father it will be because of Jesus Christ.

The decision as to who will come to the Father is in the hands of a Person, Jesus. In my opinion this is a little different from saying, that no one comes to God except through Christianity.

The "Me" there is a living Person.

As a younger Christian I spent much time trying to prove to myself and others that God's way of salvation was fair. I tried to theologically handle all kinds of special conditions and hypotheticals. I tried to convince myself and others that every hypothetical case we could imagine could be dealt with by the Gospel message.

I no longer do this kind of reasoning. Up to a certain point I acknowledged that there are some unknowns. And these days I am happy just to declare as Abraham did:

"Far be it from You. Shall the Judge of all the earth not do justly?" (Genesis 18:25)

I believe that certainly, the Judge of all the earth will do justly.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 14:101 edit
    I can only write a concise post here and not a book.

1.) The destination of God's salvation is not Heaven. The New Jerusalem in the end of the Bible is a [b]sign
    that signifies the mingling of God and man.

You should think of the ultimate goal of salvation as to become like Christ rather than "going" to a happy place. The saved are going into a :25) [/b]

I believe that certainly, the Judge of all the earth will do justly.[/b]
    As always, that was a concise and neat answer, Jaywill. I do not doubt that your faith in christ , in the ways you have expoused , shall lead you to your salvation.
    Still ,could you answer my question?
    (Does Christianity have a monopoly on the "Truth"? .. thats a 'yes' or 'no' please.)
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 16:372 edits
    As always, that was a concise and neat answer, Jaywill. I do not doubt that your faith in christ , in the ways you have expoused , shall lead you to your salvation.
    (Does Christianity have a monopoly on the "Truth"? .. thats a 'yes' or 'no' please.)
    I don't claim to represent or speak for Christianity.

To me the term "Christianity" is basically a socialogical construct which may mean many things to many people. Some people consider the Ku Klux Klan, for example, "Christianity". Others consider the YMCA Christianity. Others consider Santa Claus as representative of Christianity.

I told you about the living Person of Jesus and how I interpret the famous passage:

"Jesus said to him, I am the way and the reality and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)

Ask some of the other posters. Maybe you can get a better answer.
  11. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 16:44

And while there is no doubt that just as Jesus entered into the temple and drove ou ...[text shortened]... ds.

Amen and Amen!
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 16:46
    I don't claim to represent or speak for Christianity.

To me the term "Christianity" is basically a socialogical construct which may mean many things to many people. Some people consider the Ku Klux Klan, for example, "Christianity". Others consider the YMCA Christianity. Others consider Santa Claus as representative of Christianity.

I told you ab ...[text shortened]... e." (John 14:6)

Ask some of the other posters. Maybe you can get a better answer.[/b]
    "They were called Christians first at Antioch" Christian=follwer of Christ
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 16:47
    ==========================
    ============================

No. Jesus does.

Does that help?
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 16:48
    Originally posted by duecer
    =========================
    ==================================

When did the "ANITY" get added ?
  15. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 17:29
    [b]=========================
    ==================================

When did the "ANITY" get added ?[/b]
    the anity is borrowed form the french and eventually from latin. when added to a word it turns the word from a noun to an adjective. Christian is a noun Christianity is technically an adjective that describes the charachteristics of a theology.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree