1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 17:50
    Originally posted by duecer
    the anity is borrowed form the french and eventually from latin. when added to a word it turns the word from a noun to an adjective. Christian is a noun Christianity is technically an adjective that describes the charachteristics of a theology.
    I had a neighber once who was a homiletics teacher at Princeton Theological Seminary. He discribed himself as a "Christian Atheist".

I suppose that by "Christian Atheist" he adopted some kind of "theology" that God does not exist but he should certainly emulate the moral example of Jesus Christ in a Humanistic way.

He would and others would consider him a part of "Christianity".

Do you see my problem?
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 18:07
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I had a neighber once who was a homiletics teacher at Princeton Theological Seminary. He discribed himself as a "Christian Atheist".

I suppose that by "Christian Atheist" he adopted some kind of "theology" that God does not exist but he should certainly emulate the moral example of Jesus Christ in a Humanistic way.

Do you see my problem?
    did not Christ say "Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us."?
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 18:421 edit
    did not Christ say "Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us."?
    It is a good point and noticed. And Paul said as long as Christ was preached he was happy, whether they did it in pretense or in sincerity.

I hear you.

But on the other hand if the professor is Atheist and says there is no God then he must be against us. In this case his "gospel" is that the Father of the Son does not exist. I think that is against us proclaimers of the Father and the Son.
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 18:47
    It is a good point and noticed. And Paul said as long as Christ was preached he was happy, whether they did it in pretense or in sincerity.

I hear you.

But on the other hand if the professor is Atheist and says there is no God then he must be against us. In this case his "gospel" is that the Father of the Son does not exist. I think that is against us proclaimers of the Father and the Son.
    there are, unfortunately far too many seminary teachers who lack faith. There is a proffessor at the Bangor seminary who denies the deity of Christ
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 23:02

Do you see my problem?
    Now that's what I'm talking about. If Christianity is to have any future, it is with that teacher.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 23:04
    there are, unfortunately far too many seminary teachers who lack faith. There is a proffessor at the Bangor seminary who denies the deity of Christ
    Denying the divinity of Jesus indicates only a lack of faith in the divinity of Jesus. He could still have faith in any number of things of, or related to, Jesus.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 23:15
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Denying the divinity of Jesus indicates only a lack of faith in the divinity of Jesus. He could still have faith in any number of things of, or related to, Jesus.
    well said my friend, it is perhaps not even a lack of faith, but a reasoned decision based on accurate knowledge!
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 22:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    well said my friend, it is perhaps not even a lack of faith, but a reasoned decision based on accurate knowledge!
    Both are wrong because if you don't Believe Jesus is God and since He claimed to be God, then you can't Believe He worked miracles.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 06:281 edit
    [b]==========================
    (Does Christianity have a monopoly on the "Truth"? .. thats a 'yes' or 'no' please.)
    ============================

No. Jesus does.

Does that help?[/b]
    It helps. It helps me understand your position.

Where is Jesus?

No -one has a monpoly on the Truth. One size does NOT fit all. For all the good Christianity anf Jesus has done, there should be some more humility coming from Christians regarding this point.
    "No,Jesus does' is just a fabricated answer. I dont like it .

Again and again I ask: Why do christians think that chrisianity (or Jesus) , know the Truth and , for example , the Bhudda doesn't.😛😛😛
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 15:50
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Now that's what I'm talking about. If Christianity is to have any future, it is with that teacher.
    Agreed.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 15:19
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Agreed.
    Not Agreed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree