1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 10:12
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You are not presenting what I say correctly.

You are manipulating my comments.

If I present a truth I back it up with reasons.

However you are stating that I don't explain my comments..

This is dishonest.
    I wasn't replying to you.
    check again and see who I was actually talking to.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 10:262 edits
    If I present a truth I back it up with reasons.

However you are stating that I don't explain my comments.
    As has been pointed out to you umpteen times, Dasa, by countless members of this community, you use what are called "circular arguments". This does not constitute "backing up what [you] say with reasons". You may think or wish that they do, but they do not.

If you're not sure what a circular argument is, here is how wiki defines it:

"[A circular argument] is fallacious, because it relies upon its own proposition [..] in order to support its central premise. Essentially, the argument assumes that its central point is already proven, and uses this in support of itself."

googlefudge is not "manipulating" your comments; he is describing them wholly in keeping with conventional ways of discussing formal logical fallacies. He is quite clearly not being "dishonest".

He is a friendly, thoughtful contributor to this community and I sense he has a generosity of spirit and he is open-minded. You have accused him of deceit in a gratuitous and unfounded way. You really ought to apologize to him.
  3. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 12:38
    The Vedic authority compares persons who waste their human form of life in pursuing temporary material sense pleasure as to - hogs, dogs camels and asses.

I simply repeat the words of the true authority.
    You are an ignoramus and a fraud.

Your deceit knows no bounds.

Your idiocy is only surpassed by your blatant disregard for anyone who has not been blinded by your stupid offerings.

Your outlook is an insult to everything that is possible with humanity and if anyone who knows you reads this - please remove him from this fora lest he do anymore damage to the Vedic cause.

i hope l never see a post from you again as any post by you is a stain on this site - an acceptance that mankind can offer up someone as backward as you.

Go away very quickly - very quickly.

Whackjob.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 12:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    As has been pointed out to you umpteen times, Dasa, by countless members of this community, you use what are called "circular arguments". This does not constitute "backing up what [you] say with reasons". You may think or wish that they do, but they do not.

"[A circular argument] ...[text shortened]... im of deceit in a gratuitous and unfounded way. You really ought to apologize to him.
    hmm, thank you.... That's quite a reputation to live up to...
    I will endeavour to continue to deserve it.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 18:07
    Originally posted by nook7
    You are an ignoramus and a fraud.

Your deceit knows no bounds.

Your idiocy is only surpassed by your blatant disregard for anyone who has not been blinded by your stupid offerings.

Your outlook is an insult to everything that is possible with humanity and if anyone who knows you reads this - please remove him from this fora lest he do anymore damage t ...[text shortened]... nd can offer up someone as backward as you.

Go away very quickly - very quickly.

Whackjob.
    I get the impression you don't think very highly of Dasa's posts.
    I am sure you must not mean anything personal against him, however.
    It must be just your way of expressing disagreement.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 20:21
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I cheat by being right?

I still can't tell if your being serious...

As dasa's mode of argument is to say,
    "I am right, because I say so. You have no right to question me. I win. HA!"
    with added insults, from a technical perspective of logical reasoning and
    argument I wipe the floor with dasa one hand tied behind my back and not
    really payin ...[text shortened]... .

So you're either trying to be funny...
    or deeply wrong...
    or both...

Can't tell.
    Sorry to give you the runaround. No, I was not being serious. I don't really believe that Dasa'a earlier argument was fabulous (or that you are a cheat). I thought his earlier argument sucked. Dasa usually doesn't present arguments, even where he should. In the rare event that he does, it is usually at best a head-scratcher.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 20:24
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Sorry to give you the runaround. No, I was not being serious. I don't really believe that Dasa'a earlier argument was fabulous (or that you are a cheat). I thought his earlier argument sucked. Dasa usually doesn't present arguments, even where he should. In the rare event that he does, it is usually at best a head-scratcher.
    I'm just happy he tried to present an argument! I was beginning to think he was a chatbot.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 20:44
    Originally posted by FMF

"[A circular argument] ...[text shortened]... im of deceit in a gratuitous and unfounded way. You really ought to apologize to him.
    I think this is one of those circular jobs from Dasa:

"Hogs dogs camel and asses are Gods creatures but they are less intelligent because they do not enquire into the meaning of life."

They are not intelligent because they are not intelligent?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 02:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why will you not answer the question? Does constantly comparing dissenters to "hogs dogs camels and asses" have any impact on your own spiritual balance? Do you benefit from it in any way? Is there any cost to you, spiritually speaking?
    * BUMP * for Dasa.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 09:161 edit
    Persons who have been exposed as dishonest in the past - have not much creditability when it comes to explaining Sanskrit and its origin.
    Being an expert and lover of Sandskrit, why have you chosen a forum name that means slave - imperious - demoniacal in that language?
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 12:541 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Being an expert and lover of Sandskrit, why have you chosen a forum name that means [b]slave - imperious - demoniacal in that language?[/b]
    Perhaps, given his backward thinking he was typing backwards too - indeed if he'd been able to think it through to the end he'd have called himself Emitfoetsawdasa Reveal Hidden Content
    Assuming he pre-writes his stuff in MS Absurd or other package that capitalises first \"words\"
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 14:03
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    No problem.

But not knowing you or your positions, it very hard to tell someone really believing something or being sarcastic in forum chat.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree