1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 17:02
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Also the Vedic teachings come to us in the most perfect language in existence (Sanskrit).
    Sanskrit is a spiritual language. (perfect) relatively speaking.
    And yet you knowing this, still choose a forum name [dasa] which means imperious daemonic slave in Sandskrit.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 17:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And yet you knowing this, still choose a forum name [dasa] which means [b]imperious daemonic slave in Sandskrit.[/b]
    He picked that name because it is the name taken by one of his hero's.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 18:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    What about people who have work that is very interesting or intellectually fulfilling? Or work that brings benefit to other people? Vedic teaching says that "working very hard is not recommended"? This strikes a kind of false chord for me. Perhaps you can explain?
    The reference to hogs dogs camels and asses is an analogy.....you know this - so why do you pretend to think it is not.

Working hard for temporary material things is not recommended but working hard for spiritual advancement is recommended.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 18:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    One of your beter posts-I have a few things I agree with and a few things that I would like clarification on,(and a 2 things I disagree with, but in the interests of positivity and "meeting each other halway"😉, lets just mention the things I need clarification for now,eh? 🙂

1.Vedic teachings DO care for each and every problem in this world.

I t ...[text shortened]... of "teaching" should be stopped immediatly.

(gotta go again,sorry)
    Karoly I have mentioned before that the Vedas are not old - but eternal and age has nothing to to with it because as regards truth .......... truth of yesterday is the same truth today and for ever.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 18:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The Father of Lies?
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 18:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are explicitly and incessantly asking us to take your word for it. As it happens, I do not take your word for it. You submit to the alleged "authority" of Vedic teachings. I do not. Why should I accept your demand that I am submissive to your alleged "spiritual insights"?
    The Vedic teachings must be put into practice and the results shall speak for themselves.

Spiritual living and the practices associated raise the consciousness.

You are judging without your consciousness being raised - so it is expected that you will not be able to comprehend most things that Vedic teachings are presenting.

Having an honest disposition also helps.

So you are making critical value judgements from a platform of ignorance instead of the platform of knowledge.

If you had that higher spiritual knowledge you would not be making many of your uninformed whimsical comments.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 18:371 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Trollhammer?
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 20:52
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Actually its a terrible argument (not sure if you were being sarcastic, but if not)

The sensible approach is NOT to ask authority, it is to perform experiments and
    to use reason to determine which, if any of the views expressed by the 100 people
    is valid. Or, if on a sliding scale, which are more valid than others.

The experiments and reason test ...[text shortened]... h, or approach, objective truth. That which can be Proved to be right.

No authority involved.
    As Dasa could tell you, those are the words of a lying, cheating atheist. You too are no match for the likes of Dasa.

In yo' face, googlefudge!
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 21:27
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    As Dasa could tell you, those are the words of a lying, cheating atheist. You too are no match for the likes of Dasa.

In yo' face, googlefudge!
    I cheat by being right?

I still can't tell if your being serious...

As dasa's mode of argument is to say,
    "I am right, because I say so. You have no right to question me. I win. HA!"
    with added insults, from a technical perspective of logical reasoning and
    argument I wipe the floor with dasa one hand tied behind my back and not
    really paying attention.
    As does almost everyone else on this forum.

So you're either trying to be funny...
    or deeply wrong...
    or both...

Can't tell.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 22:02
    Karoly I have mentioned before that the Vedas are not old - but eternal and age has nothing to to with it because as regards truth .......... truth of yesterday is the same truth today and for ever.
    Thats right, but it is you who also said that they are the oldest spiritual teachings in the world and that all other religons come from the vedas, did you not?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 01:19
    The reference to hogs dogs camels and asses is an analogy.....you know this - so why do you pretend to think it is not.
    It's an insulting analogy. It's also little more than a reflection of bitter cynicism and what appears to be a sense of alienation to the point of interpersonal dysfunction. My spiritual mind map makes me positive about the the capacity of humanity, the wonder of life, and the joy of the human spirit. Yours is spewing out deeply insulting "analogies" at a world you have populated with laughable cardboard cutout feral villainous 'beasts' who refuse to be submissive to the psychological tyranny of your cult.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 01:22
    Working hard for temporary material things is not recommended but working hard for spiritual advancement is recommended.
    This does not answer my questions. What about people who have work that is very interesting or intellectually fulfilling? Or work that brings benefit to other people? Vedic teachings argue against hard work in cases such as these?
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 02:21
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thats right, but it is you who also said that they are the oldest spiritual teachings in the world and that all other religons come from the vedas, did you not?
    I have said that the Vedas are the oldest but qualified that by also saying they are beyond the relative term old by being eternal.

I have not said all religions are coming from the Vedas.

I have said all language has its roots in Sanskrit.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 02:29
    I have said all language has its roots in Sanskrit.
    This is patently untrue, as people who know more about linguistics than you do have pointed out to you on the Science Forum.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 03:56
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I cheat by being right?

I still can't tell if your being serious...

As dasa's mode of argument is to say,
    "I am right, because I say so. You have no right to question me. I win. HA!"
    with added insults, from a technical perspective of logical reasoning and
    argument I wipe the floor with dasa one hand tied behind my back and not
    really payin ...[text shortened]... .

So you're either trying to be funny...
    or deeply wrong...
    or both...

Can't tell.
    You are not presenting what I say correctly.

You are manipulating my comments.

If I present a truth I back it up with reasons.

However you are stating that I don't explain my comments..

This is dishonest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree