mayi sannyasya mat-parah
    ananyenaiva yogena
    mam dhyayanta upasate

tesam aham samuddharta
    mrtyu-samsara-sagarat
    bhavami na cirat partha
    mayy avesita-cetasam

SYNONYMS
    ye--one who; tu--but; sarvani--everything; karmani--activities; mayi--unto Me; sannyasya--giving up; mat-parah--being attached to Me; ananyena--without division; eva--certainly; yogena--by practice of such bhakti-yoga; mam--unto Me; dhyayantah--meditating; upasate--worship; tesam--of them; aham--I; samuddharta--deliverer; mrtyu--death; samsara--material existence; sagarat--from the ocean; bhavami--become; na cirat--not a long time; partha--O son of Prtha; mayi--unto Me; avesita--fixed; cetasam--of those whose minds are like that.

TRANSLATION
    For one who worships Me, giving up all his activities unto Me and being devoted to Me without deviation, engaged in devotional service and always meditating upon Me, who has fixed his mind upon Me, O son of Prtha, for him I am the swift deliverer from the ocean of birth and death.

PURPORT
    It is explicitly stated here that the devotees are very fortunate to be delivered very soon from material existence by the Lord. In pure devotional service one comes to the realization that God is great and that the individual soul is subordinate to Him. His duty is to render service to the Lord--if not, then he will render service to maya.

As stated before, the Supreme Lord can only be appreciated by devotional service. Therefore, one should be fully devoted. One should fix his mind fully on Krsna in order to achieve Him. One should work only for Krsna. It does not matter in what kind of work one engages, but that work should be done only for Krsna. That is the standard of devotional service.

The devotee does not desire any achievement other than pleasing the Supreme Personality of Godhead. His life's mission is to please Krsna, and he can sacrifice everything for Krsna's satisfaction, just as Arjuna did in the Battle of Kuruksetra. The process is very simple: one can devote himself in his occupation and engage at the same time in chanting Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. Such transcendental chanting attracts the devotee to the Personality of Godhead.

The Supreme Lord herein promises that He will without delay deliver a pure devotee thus engaged from the ocean of material existence. Those who are advanced in yoga practice can willfully transfer the soul to whatever planet they like by the yoga process, and others take the opportunity in various ways, but as far as the devotee is concerned, it is clearly stated here that the Lord Himself takes him. He does not need to wait to become very experienced in order to transfer himself to the spiritual sky.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 08:251 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    TEXT 6-7 Cht 12 BHAGAVAD GITA

ye tu sarvani karmani
    mayi sannyasya mat-parah
    ananyenaiva yogena
    mam dhyayanta upasate

tesam aham samuddharta
    mrtyu-samsara-sagarat
    bhavami na cirat partha
    mayy avesita-cetasam

SYNONYMS
    ye--one who; tu--but; sarvani--everything; karmani--activities; mayi--unto Me; sannyasya--giving up; mat-parah--being atta not need to wait to become very experienced in order to transfer himself to the spiritual sky.
    Can you give any examples of how this particular section from this book applies to everyday life, for you and people you know for instance? Perhaps you could say something about stuff like (1) conflict (or even harassment) in the workplace, from the employer and employee standpoints, (2) managing a household with two working parents, (3) dealing with a gay teenage child, (4) loyalty and obedience to parents in adult life (and other family pressures), (5) the old 'working to live, living to work' chestnut.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 10:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can you give any examples of how this particular section from this book applies to everyday life, for you and people you know for instance? Perhaps you could say something about stuff like (1) conflict (or even harassment) in the workplace, from the employer and employee standpoints, (2) managing a household with two working parents, (3) dealing with a gay teena ...[text shortened]... ult life (and other family pressures), (5) the old 'working to live, living to work' chestnut.
    I could and I would be glad to go deeply into your enquiry but since you have difficulty in understanding that killing is sinful and should be given up......then I cannot give you your answers because my answers would fall on deaf ears and I would be wasting my time in sending you a long and detailed post.

Actually your questions to me are insincere and you are setting me up at the pretence of asking a genuine question - so you can manipulate everything I present like you have done in the past............this is your enjoyment and this is why you are in the forum to play word games and mind games.

You have no interest in true spirituality and no interest in my comments which are supported by true sirituality.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 10:232 edits
    I could and I would be glad to go deeply into your enquiry but since you have difficulty in understanding that killing is sinful and should be given up......then I cannot give you your answers because my answers would fall on deaf ears and I would be wasting my time in sending you a long and detailed post.
    So you can't give any examples of how this particular section in the OP from Bhagavad Gita applies to the everyday life stuff I mentioned or any other real life situations? The fact that you choose to be a vegetarian for spiritual reasons should not prevent you from expanding on your own OP when asked to do so by someone whose beliefs are different from yours, surely?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 10:26
    Actually your questions to me are insincere and you are setting me up at the pretence of asking a genuine question - so you can manipulate everything I present like you have done in the past............this is your enjoyment and this is why you are in the forum to play word games and mind games.
    I think my questions about the OP's relevance to everyday life are fair and on-topic.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 10:301 edit

Actually your questions to me are insincere and you ...[text shortened]... est in true spirituality and no interest in my comments which are supported by true sirituality.
    So people who fall into these three categories -

1. Atheists
    2. Meat Eaters
    3. Followers of false religion.

are basically exempt from asking you questions. I think everyone who posts on this board fits into at least one of those categories.

Which again begs the question, how do you hope to present your 'true spirituality®', if no one is allowed to ask any questions?
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 11:14
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So people who fall into these three categories -

1. Atheists
    2. Meat Eaters
    3. Followers of false religion.

are basically exempt from asking you questions. I think everyone who posts on this board fits into at least one of those categories.

Which again begs the question, how do you hope to present your 'true spirituality®', if no one is allowed to ask any questions?
    I will answer questions from people who have shown in the past they are somewhat genuine in their questioning.

I have experienced that FMF enjoys manipulating my comments twisting them around to mean other that I have intended - and this always follows his baiting style of questioning which are questions only asked so he can set himself up only to begin his manipulative attacking.

His disingenuous manner is only time wasting for me.

However you have recently asked me questions and you have shown some sincerity relating to those questions and I have responded.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 12:37
    TEXT 6-7 Cht 12 BHAGAVAD GITA

ye tu sarvani karmani
    mayi sannyasya mat-parah
    ananyenaiva yogena
    mam dhyayanta upasate

tesam aham samuddharta
    mrtyu-samsara-sagarat
    bhavami na cirat partha
    mayy avesita-cetasam

SYNONYMS
    ye--one who; tu--but; sarvani--everything; karmani--activities; mayi--unto Me; sannyasya--giving up; mat-parah--being atta ...[text shortened]... not need to wait to become very experienced in order to transfer himself to the spiritual sky.
    Yet another 'lets not worry about this awful life we live because the next life will be with god' religion.

How about trying to live in the here and now, maybe actually try to correct the mistakes of the past in climate change, wartime, terrorism, medical research, education, overpopulation and the like?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 13:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yet another 'lets not worry about this awful life we live because the next life will be with god' religion.

How about trying to live in the here and now, maybe actually try to correct the mistakes of the past in climate change, wartime, terrorism, medical research, education, overpopulation and the like?
    The problems of life you have mentioned only exist because we do not live life properly.

A life lived properly is a life lived in pursuit of true God consciousness presented in the Vedas.

A person or persons who are God conscience do not get involved with terrorism, do not start wars, do not enable life styles that make people sick in the first place, and over population is not the problem but it is the mismanagement of resources that are the problem when you use the land to cultivate grains to fatten cattle just to kill them.

All the problems of this world are due to materialism and consumerism and atheism.

A world following true religion would not have any of the existing problems we face.

The religions of the world are all false and do not solve any problems either.

The Vedic teachings are the only teachings presenting true religion.

People do not embrace true religion because they are more interested in consumerism, materialism, atheism or false religion which is religion that caters for materialism and consumerism.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 13:28
    I have experienced that FMF enjoys manipulating my comments twisting them around to mean other that I have intended - and this always follows his baiting style of questioning which are questions only asked so he can set himself up only to begin his manipulative attacking.
    If I manipulate your answers it will be plain for all to see and you will be vindicated.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 19:022 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    If I manipulate your answers it will be plain for all to see and you will be vindicated.
    When you can accept basic common sense truth I will discuss with you.

But while you play games and reject basic common sense truths then I will not.

I have already posted up information about the descending method of learning which is submissive to authority.

I have given examples of how we all submit to authority to learn everything we all know and that we all continue to submit to authority to enhance further learning.

But when I say that there is spiritual authority - you simply whimsically reject.

Acknowledging spiritual authority is common sense.

Rejecting spiritual authority is rejecting common sense.

If you say that the Vedic teachings are not the authority - then you must tell me what teachings are the authority as regards to true religion.

Simply rejecting spiritual authority whimsically ( because you have a personal vendetta against Dasa) is not acceptable.
  12. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 19:20
    Acknowledging spiritual authority is common sense.
    This is the claim that, by my lights at least, requires an argument. And by 'argument' I do not mean just another claim taken from the Vedas. That would be question-begging. So, what's your argument? Here, I'll get you started:

Premise 1:....?
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 19:23
    FMF

I have had a change of mind.

Only to show that Vedic wisdom is a live and well - I will answer you 4 questions.

When I return form the airport I shall post up the answers to your enquiry.

But I will not be drawn into a nit-picking style of discussion which comes from a contemptuous fault finding mentality.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 19:251 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    This is the claim that, by my lights at least, requires an argument. And by 'argument' I do not mean just another claim taken from the Vedas. That would be question-begging. So, what's your argument? Here, I'll get you started:

Premise 1:....?
    error in transmission
  15. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 19:33
    error in transmission
    Come on, Dasa. I have faith that, if you put your mind to it, you can construct an actual argument. You know, a set of propositions, none of which beg the question at issue, which, taken together, support a conclusion. The conclusion you want is that accepting some form of spiritual authority is common sensical. Now you just need to provide an argument that lends credence to that conclusion; that justifies it, or shows that it is reasonable to accept it. You can do this, Dasa, if you take a moment, curb your impulse to simply regurgitate Vedic passages, and think.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree