1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 11:02
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You sound like an 8 year old spoiled brat.
    What is going on here is you just don't like anyone dissing your religion.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 11:05
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Why do you waste so much time in here trying to convince a handful on internet nerds of something you do not have the ability to convince them of?
    Because the abrahamic religions are the scourge of humanity that's why. You think not? Why would the same god all three worship pit each other against each other in war?

Without the Abrahamics, there would be no world wide religious war, only local thugs fighting it out. To me, that would be honest. As it is, it is hypocricy taken to a deadly level.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 14:48
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Because the abrahamic religions are the scourge of humanity that's why. You think not? Why would the same god all three worship pit each other against each other in war?

Without the Abrahamics, there would be no world wide religious war, only local thugs fighting it out. To me, that would be honest. As it is, it is hypocricy taken to a deadly level.
    If there isn't any gods, and humans are the root of all of these hateful things. You think
    getting rid of the excuse religion will stop humans from doing all of these hateful things?

If they are the real cause will they not just find another other excuse since it is them not
    false gods causing these things in your opinion?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 16:43
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    If there isn't any gods, and humans are the root of all of these hateful things. You think
    getting rid of the excuse religion will stop humans from doing all of these hateful things?

If they are the real cause will they not just find another other excuse since it is them not
    false gods causing these things in your opinion?
    I would rather see them be honest about their hatreds or such not marking it down to some scripture that says for instance, a man is worth 50 shekels but a woman 30. Those kind of verses gives people the 'right' to kill.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 17:03
    I would rather see them be honest about their hatreds or such not marking it down to some scripture that says for instance, a man is worth 50 shekels but a woman 30. Those kind of verses gives people the 'right' to kill.
    Show me that verse please, I can only think of one place where something like that is
    said.

With respect to being honest about hatred, that has nothing to do with religion, more again
    on the dishonesty of man. I still fail to see how religion going away changes your world
    in any meaningful way, the only thing it would do would be cause man to think of new
    ways to do what man wants to do and justify itself.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 17:071 edit
    Show me that verse please, I can only think of one place where something like that is
    said.

With respect to being honest about hatred, that has nothing to do with religion, more again
    on the dishonesty of man. I still fail to see how religion going away changes your world
    in any meaningful way, the only thing it would do would be cause man to think of new
    ways to do what man wants to do and justify itself.
    …3'If your valuation is of the male from twenty years even to sixty years old, then your valuation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary. 4Or if it is a female, then your valuation shall be thirty shekels. 5'If it be from five years even to twenty years old then your valuation for the male shall be twenty shekels and for the female ten shekels.…
    New American Standard Bible
    Cross References
    Leviticus 27:3
    'If your valuation is of the male from twenty years even to sixty years old, then your valuation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary.

Leviticus 27:5
    'If it be from five years even to twenty years old then your valuation for the male shall be twenty shekels and for the female ten shekels.

OT, Levi 27:3 4, 5.

Now tell me males would not use that as an excuse to say pay women less for the same job and so forth. It's written in stone.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 17:39
    …3'If your valuation is of the male from twenty years even to sixty years old, then your valuation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary. 4Or if it is a female, then your valuation shall be thirty shekels. 5'If it be from five years even to twenty years old then your valuation for the male shall be twenty shekels and for the f ...[text shortened]... se that as an excuse to say pay women less for the same job and so forth. It's written in stone.
    27 1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
    2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When a man shall make a singular vow, the persons shall be for the Lord by thy estimation.

So you talking about vows, not the worth of people?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 18:19
    27 1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
    2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When a man shall make a singular vow, the persons shall be for the Lord by thy estimation.

So you talking about vows, not the worth of people?
    Seems to me the conversation is going like this: IF you are making a vow about people, I take that to mean a statement, then he says, here is how it is: Woman, 30 shek, man, 50.

So, If you are making a statement about someone, this is what you SHOULD be using as your standard, etc. It's even worse if the female is between 5 and 20, only half the value of a male of same age.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 00:04
    Seems to me the conversation is going like this: IF you are making a vow about people, I take that to mean a statement, then he says, here is how it is: Woman, 30 shek, man, 50.

So, If you are making a statement about someone, this is what you SHOULD be using as your standard, etc. It's even worse if the female is between 5 and 20, only half the value of a male of same age.
    If there were to be an argument, why are you suggesting those that have to pay less are the
    ones being mistreated?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree