1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 16:08
    let's go through some of the characteristics attributed to biblegod.

first, we know from the bible that he claims creating the universe and everything in it. he considers his work as being perfect. he makes claims to knowing everything. he demands admiration and glorification for his work. he demands love and obedience. he flatters and rewards those who admire and worship him and punishes and destroys those who do not.

his narcissistic traits as derived from what is written about him in the bible.
    -obvious self-focus in his affairs.
    -he has problems sustaining satisfying relationships
    -hypersensitivity to real or imagined insults.
    -vulnerable to shame
    -he's haughty and arrogant.
    -his narcissistic supply is fed by loving and admiring people. he rewards (or promises reward to) those who do so.
    -narcissistic abuse; he detests those who don't admire and worship him and punishes them (or promises to do so later, sometimes even unto the descendants).
    -claims to be very important.
    -bragging and exaggeration about his accomplishments.
    -claiming to be an expert in all things.

furhter...
    psychological projection; he projects his own faults on other people (blaming humans for his own mistakes obviously).

he is very envious of other gods.

he feels entitled; he consider himself special and has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment and automatic compliance.

defiance is considered an attack on his superiority and the perpetrator is considered an evil person. defiance will give him a narcissistic injury and cause him to go into a narcissistic rage.

he exploits others without regard to their feelings or interests or the costs involved.

bad boundaries; to biblegod, others exist to supply his narcissistic needs or they may as well not exist at all.

this is not by far an extensive psychoanalysis of all of biblegod's personality disorders. but it is enough to prove beyond a doubt that this pathetic character suffers with a narcissistic personality disorder.

it is not someone who should be glorified and fed with narcissistic supply, it is someone who should be locked up for his own protection and placed under treatment for mental illness.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 16:311 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit

first, we know from the bible that he claims creating the universe and everything in it. he considers his work as being perfect. he makes claims to knowing everything. he demands admiration and glorification for his work. he demands love and obedience. he flatters and rewards tho ho should be locked up for his own protection and placed under treatment for mental illness.
    NO.

Your argument has one fatal flaw. You do not believe in God. You're treating Him as just a character in a book. He is obviously more than that. This is why you think your argument has validity. You are approaching Him as an imaginary character instead of the One, True God.

As *just* a character in a book, your diatribe might be accurate.

But you forget that He is the Creator of our Universe. He is our Maker. He is the Architect of all that is. He is completely deserving of all He demands. Read your list again, with all this in mind. If you were Him, with ALL the authority that brings, would not you demand all these things from your mere creation?

So this is where your argument falls totally flat. God is not just "some guy". He is not just a character in a book. He is the Alpha and the Omega. He is not subject to man-made laws. I'm sure, though, that He is laughing at your "characterization" of Him, because obviously, since He has created Man, He *must* have a sense of humor.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 16:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    NO.

Your argument has one fatal flaw. You do not believe in God. You're treating Him as just a character in a book. He is obviously more than that. This is why you think your argument has validity. You are approaching Him as an imaginary character instead of the One, True God.

B ...[text shortened]... ion" of Him, because obviously, since He has created Man, He *must* have a sense of humor.
    the validity of my argument remains weather biblegod is real or imagined.

if he is real, than he is a real narcissistic being.
    if not, than he is a fictional character with narcissism.

and all you've done above is prove that you're one of the sycophants feeding his narcissistic supply with the hopes of getting a promised reward.

if he turns out to be real, you may get your reward and an eternal task of maintaining his narcissistic supply.

if he turns out to be imaginary, you've just blown your life flattering a fictional character.

in either case, your behavior is as unhealthy as biblegod's. instead of trying to cure him, you're enabling his mental disorder.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 16:54
    the validity of my argument remains weather biblegod is real or imagined.

if he is real, than he is a real narcissistic being.
    if not, than he is a fictional character with narcissism.

and all you've done above is prove that you're one of the sycophants feeding his narcissistic supply with the hopes of getting a promised reward.

if he turns out ...[text shortened]... healthy as biblegod's. instead of trying to cure him, you're enabling his mental disorder.
    "if he turns out to be real, you may get your reward and an eternal task of maintaining his narcissistic supply."

I can see how you might think this, since maybe if the roles were reversed, this is why you'd be doing it. But I'm not you. Dissing all Christians by saying "oh, you're just doing it for the promise of a reward" is not only extremely offensive, but mostly untrue. (I say mostly, because there are clearly plenty of Christians who are in it for the "goodies". These folks will not be seeing the Kingdom of God.)

"Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." -- Matthew 7:14

"the validity of my argument remains weather biblegod is real or imagined."

This is patently untrue for all the reasons I've stated. You argue like a kid shouting, "NO, I'M RIGHT! LALALALALA!!", complete with fingers in the ears.
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 17:01
    [b]"if he turns out to be real, you may get your reward and an eternal task of maintaining his narcissistic supply."

I can see how you might think this, since maybe if the roles were reversed, this is why you'd be doing it. But I'm not you. Dissing all Christians by saying "oh, you're just doing it for the promise of a reward" is not only extremely ...[text shortened]... kid shouting, "NO, I'M RIGHT! LALALALALA!!", complete with fingers in the ears.[/b]
    the reasons you've stated have no bearing at all on the points of my argument. i've discussed the traits attributed to biblegod as written in the bible. these do not depend on the character being real or fictional.

weather christians adore biblegod for the promised reward or to avoid his narcissistic rage or a combination of the two is not really relevant. it is relevant that you find it insulting. i'm discussing psychological traits so obviously feelings are going to be effected. also that defensive tirade you went on "alpha and omega" and other such nonsense is a good indication of the fragility of your psychological condition concerning this topic.

you have too much psychological investment in your adoration of this narcissistic creature. it would not be healthy for you to think about it too much. you should probably avoid this discussion or you may suffer stress related psychological issues and i don't want to be responsible for a deterioration of your mental health.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 17:55

first, we know from the bible that he claims creating the universe and everything in it. he considers his work as being perfect. he makes claims to knowing everything. he demands admiration and glorification for his work. he demands love and obedience. he flatters and rewards tho ...[text shortened]... ho should be locked up for his own protection and placed under treatment for mental illness.
    You are truly deceived by your god for you act just like him.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 00:43

first, we know from the bible that he claims creating the universe and everything in it. he considers his work as being perfect. he makes claims to knowing everything. he demands admiration and glorification for his work. he demands love and obedience. he flatters and rewards tho ...[text shortened]... ho should be locked up for his own protection and placed under treatment for mental illness.
    You are giving him human traits and flaws. That's not going to make anyone see him in that light he is as heis not human and he does not have the faults and lack of knowledge we have but has the knowledge of absolutly everything.
    He has wisdom and justice in ways we will never know or have the slightest percentage of knowing.

Romans 11:33
    Good News Translation (GNT)

Praise to God
    33 How great are God's riches! How deep are his wisdom and knowledge! Who can explain his decisions? Who can understand his ways?
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 01:05
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You are giving him human traits and flaws.

That's not going to make anyone see him in that light he is as heis not human and he does not have the faults and lack of knowledge we have but has the knowledge of absolutly everything.
    He has wisdom and justice in ways we will never know or have the slightest percentage of knowing.

Romans 11:33
    Good Ne ...[text shortened]... deep are his wisdom and knowledge! Who can explain his decisions? Who can understand his ways?[/b]
    i'm haven't given him human traits and flaws. the people who invented him gave him those flaws. i'm recognizing them for what they are.

you don't know that he has wisdom and justice in ways that you will never have the slightest percentage of knowing. those are traits claimed and unproven; those are narcissistic traits.

we have ways of determining narcissism. psychologists have studied this personality disorder for many years and the traits are well known and documented. any psychologist could recognize them for what they are.

claiming he is all powerful makes no difference to the argument. well known narcissists can and have wielded great power. having power does not negate the mental disorder. it may even encourage it.

"33 How great are God's riches! How deep are his wisdom and knowledge! Who can explain his decisions? Who can understand his ways?"

well, first you discard your incredulity and study his ways. then you can explain them.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 01:051 edit
    .double post
  10. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 05:001 edit
    The Creator of all things could never be a narcissist. God couldn't possibly think too highly of himself.

Case closed. Waste of time and effort (other than to clearly demonstrate VS's obsession with tearing God down when he supposedly doesn't believe in Him in the first place)

Let's discuss the narcissistic traits of Allah, or Mohammed, or Buddha, or...

Oh. Sorry. That's not part of your agenda, VS. Carry on then. Sorry to interrupt.
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 06:23
    Originally posted by sumydid
    The Creator of all things could never be a narcissist. God couldn't possibly think too highly of himself.

Case closed. Waste of time and effort (other than to clearly demonstrate VS's obsession with tearing God down when he supposedly doesn't believe in Him in the first place)

Let's discuss the narcissistic traits of Allah, or Mohammed, or Buddha, or ...[text shortened]... .

Oh. Sorry. That's not part of your agenda, VS. Carry on then. Sorry to interrupt.
    the wasted effort was in your reply. you have not countered a single point of the numerous evidence presented here that proves biblegod is a narcissist.

no need to discuss the narcissistic traits of allah. allah is an extension of biblegod and suffers from the same defects.

mohammed wasn't a narcissist. he was most likely an epileptic like paul.

buddha is the diametric opposite of narcissist.

but enough of your attempt to diverge the discussion to something else. we're left with the unassailable evidence that the biblegod character is a narcissist and the case hasn't even been touched yet.
  12. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 06:383 edits
    his narcissistic traits as derived from what is written about him in the bible.
    -vulnerable to shame
    -his narcissistic supply is fed by loving and admiring people. he rewards (or promises reward to) those who do so.
    -narcissistic abuse; he detests those who don't admire and worship him and punishes them (or promises to do so later, sometimes even unto the descendants).
    -claims to be very important.
    -bragging and exaggeration about his accomplishments.
    -claiming to be an expert in all things.

Yes, God's focus is on His glory. However, if the bible is true (and you concede such by using the bible as proof of your argument), He is the one and only perfect being that ever existed. Therefore there couldn't possibly be a superior or more appropriate entity to focus His attention on.

There is no evidence to attest to the claim that God has problems with relationships.

God is not hypersensitive to insults. And obviously if He is God, no insults He would be aware of would be "imagined," i.e. nonexistent.

God is not vulnerable to shame and never demonstrated ever being even close to shamed.

God is not arrogant - again, if indeed He is God, any focus on Himself or any credit He gives Himself is completely due.

God could not have any "narcissistic supply" if He is not a narcissist. This argument is circular because in your evidence, you presume Him to be narcissist as being proof of his narcissism.

God commits no "narcissistic abuse" -- this is once again circular. However, if He is God, then by all means He should detest anything or anyone that doesn't appreciate Him and reject Him.

Of course He "claims" to be imporant. If He is God, then nothing and no one could possibly be more important.

There's no bragging when it's fact. And by the way God spends precious little time talking about His accomplishments, except in His efforts to argue a point.

And again (sigh) - if He is God, then of course He is an expert in all things.

You're argument is partially circular and entirely fallacious. On the one hand, you presume--if only to make a point--that God is God, but your entire argument against Him is valid if and only if God is *not* God.

There. Each fallacious, circular point was addressed. I hope you're satisfied, and I assume that at least partially, your goal was to waste my time.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 09:34
    NO.

B ...[text shortened]... ion" of Him, because obviously, since He has created Man, He *must* have a sense of humor.
    you are ignoring his arguments because you consider it blasphemy or something. instead of countering his points(you can't, the bible indeed portrays him as such), you argue that his characterization doesn't apply to another character all together.

he doesn't claim that god is a narcissist. he claims that the god portrayed in the bible is all those things. to which you cannot argue differently since god himself says he is those things.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 10:19
    Originally posted by sumydid
    [b]his narcissistic traits as derived from what is written about him in the bible.
    -vulnerable to shame
    -his narcissistic supply is fed by loving and admiring people. he rewards (or pr ...[text shortened]... atisfied, and I assume that at least partially, your goal was to waste my time.
    God is not hypersensitive to insults
    bwahahahaha, that was funny.
    god kills punishes to the 7th generation transgressions committed by a person.
    god forbids moses to enter the promissed land after moses does some moderate offense.
    god sends bears to kill children who mocked eli or elijah or whomever (the english names for those two are too similar i never know which is which). bears kill children for mocking not even god, but a random old dude.
    god is in fact quite hypersensitive to insults.

"God is not vulnerable to shame"
    debatable. god says that he is a jealous god. why would the supreme being be jealous of little golden cows?

"This argument is circular because in your evidence, you presume Him to be narcissist as being proof of his narcissism."
    he did no such thing. he used to bible to prove the bible describes him as such.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 14:48
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you are ignoring his arguments because you consider it blasphemy or something. instead of countering his points(you can't, the bible indeed portrays him as such), you argue that his characterization doesn't apply to another character all together.

he doesn't claim that god is a narcissist. he claims that the god portrayed in the bible is all those things. to which you cannot argue differently since god himself says he is those things.
    Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come (Matthew 12:31-32).

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree