1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 02:452 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    God is not hypersensitive to insults
    bwahahahaha, that was funny.
    god kills punishes to the 7th generation transgressions committed by a person.
    god forbids moses to enter the promissed land after moses does some moderate offense.
    god sends bears to kill children who mocked eli or elijah or whomever (the english names for those two are too similar i rcissism."
    he did no such thing. he used to bible to prove the bible describes him as such.
    Your reply is very typical of one who is both ignorant of God's intentions as spelled out in the bible, and immature (i.e. bwahahahahaha)

God punishing sin among multiple generations isn't testament to *any* of the claims VS has on the list.

God punished Moses for a *major* transgression -- you only describe it as a minor offense because you don't understand.

God sending bears to attack male adolescents who mock one of His chosen representatives may seem extreme, but you don't know the facts that led up to the incident. Amusing that describe Elisha as "some random old dude." And the incident in no way whatsoever demonstrates God being hypersensitve to being insulted. God was not the object of the kids' insults.

The entire gist of your whole argument has the pungent smell of "God's business isn't serious at all, so He is obviously overreacting" -- when in fact what you should learn from the incidents you cited is, God takes this business very, very seriously and so should we all. From a human point of view, especially from an unbelieving human point of view--all we have is life here on Earth; so if we lose that life, that is the most serious thing that could ever happen to us. Christianity turns that paradigm on its woefully ignorant ear and teaches us that this life here on Earth is but an infinitely small, and mostly insignificant part of our total existence.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 05:49
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Your reply is very typical of one who is both ignorant of God's intentions as spelled out in the bible, and immature (i.e. bwahahahahaha)

God punishing sin among multiple generations isn't testament to *any* of the claims VS has on the list.

God punished Moses for a *major* transgression -- you only describe it as a minor offense because you don't unde ...[text shortened]... rth is but an infinitely small, and mostly insignificant part of our total existence.
    "... life here on Earth is but an infinitely small, and mostly insignificant part of our total existence..."

Then what is all the bickering about?
  3. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 06:10
    Originally posted by JS357
    "... life here on Earth is but an infinitely small, and mostly insignificant part of our total existence..."

Then what is all the bickering about?
    What bickering. Who's bickering?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 08:31

God punished Moses for a *major* transgression -- you only describe it as a minor offense because you don't unde ...[text shortened]... rth is but an infinitely small, and mostly insignificant part of our total existence.
    No, the entire gist of my point is that the god portrayed in the bible and God are not the same person. Parts of the bible may be God's word, but in no way are the other parts. The latter parts are in fact what portray god as a narcissist, genocidal maniac which is quite understanding, as the nomadic isrealites needed an excuse for their conquering of "the promised land."

"God punishing sin among multiple generations isn't testament to *any* of the claims VS has on the list."
    Seriously? you don't see the punishing of innocents for the crimes of a distant ancestor as a tad psychotic?

Killing children by means of bears only seem extreme? seriously?
    elisha WAS in fact a random old dude from the children's perspective, and what should have earned them a spanking and less time on the whatever XBOX version they had at the time, earned them a painful and gruesome death, being ripped apart by fukin bears.
    I know i shouldn't judge them savages (the ones who wrote those horrible stories) by todays standards. They simply didn't have the same respect for human life that we do (better said, they had much less respect than the little we have). So while i shouldn't judge them too harshly, why on earth do you and nutjobs like you defend them? Killing children is inexcusable and god doesn't kill children.

"bwahahahahaha"
    this is quite appropriate in this case. i needed a construct to convey the amount of amusement i had when reading your delusions. a good joke should surprise people and brother, i was quite surprised by the lengths you would go to disconnect yourself from decency and reality in order to defend a book jesus himself all but threw in the garbage.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 08:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Perhaps it would be better, if [b]you read the whole chapter. Read it out loud and cry out to the Triune God to help you understand it and maybe then it will not be such a stupid passage to you. 😏[/b]
    then post the whole chapter if it helps you.

that passage is stupid. it is not my fault you post gibberish and expect me to add to it until it makes sense.
  6. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 08:33
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    that's subjective to the reward being offered and what you have to do to achieve it.
    And what is difficult about obeying to receive an eternal reward. I am doing no one harm in being a Christian, can you say the same?
  7. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 08:34
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    your argument is completely irrelevant to the points regarding biblegod's narcissistic personality disorder.
    Just in case you didn't realize it, yours too 😉
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 08:36
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Where were you when the world and the universe was created?
    How can you not just get it that within all of you, and me and everything in and around us is SUPERNATURAL? None of us has literally seen God, but God can be seen in His creation.

With God being supernatural and you not, it is just more obvious that with your human mind you can not grasp that t ...[text shortened]... don't forget, I am also trying to get followers, not to follow me though, but to follow Jesus.
    let me get this straight, you whine that he wasn't there when the universe was created and therefore he shouldn't presume to know anything about that event (as if direct observation is the only way to knowledge), yet you ask him to believe in a supernatural being, that nobody has seen, that nobody can define and agree on the definition, that has no beginning and therefore definitely nobody witnessed its creation?

did i understand correctly? is that what you ask him to do?
  9. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 08:46

I like what you said.

If only people get the BIGGER picture and follow the whole story from beginning till the end, they will understand why God did certain things.

But like VS, many people focus on a specific thing and go bonkers with it - very childishly though. I know that for them they just can not believe in God and hence the reason for such reactions. Taking something out of the Bible and doing something completely different with it, looks like the only way certain people are trying to make excuses to ease their minds and satisfy the thought of "if this is how God is - then I don't believe he exists".

We can not create a God and say : This is what God should be, must do etc etc. For you that do say, must be a god to create one?
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 12:37
    There is nothing wrong with being motivated for the reward.
    Are you serious? 🙄

-m.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 13:14
    I like what you said.

If only people get the BIGGER picture and follow the whole story from beginning till the end, they will understand why God did certain things.

But like VS, many people focus on a specific thing and go bonkers with it - very childishly though. I know that for them they just can not believe in God and hence the reason for such reac ...[text shortened]... his is what God should be, must do etc etc. For you that do say, must be a god to create one?
    if you read the whole story from beginning to end, you can only reasonably come to the conclusion that some of it is ludicrous.

you have an eternal being, without beginning and end, that after an eternity of being bored and doing nothing, created the world and in the span of about 1-2 thousand years went from destroying humanity and most of the living things on the planet, to sending his son to save and offer forgiveness to all the humans; from choosing a handfull of humans and label them the chosen people and have them genocide an entire country to sending his son to preach love and compassion to all the world.

anyone who is labeling the genocides that happened in the old testament as "righteous" is not a true christian
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 14:17
    then post the whole chapter if it helps you.

that passage is stupid. it is not my fault you post gibberish and expect me to add to it until it makes sense.
    I did not post gibberish. It is due to your deceived mind that you do not understand it or even make an attempt at understanding it.

It is because you do not want to understand it that you will not look up the entire chapter yourself. There is no need for me to post the entire chapter when you have no intention of trying to understand it.

You are clearly deceived by Satan the devil and it appears you are destined to remain that way due to your lack of desire to learn the truth.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 14:18
    What bickering. Who's bickering?
    I'd call religious wars, cases of extreme bickering.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 15:01
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I did not post gibberish. It is due to your deceived mind that you do not understand it or even make an attempt at understanding it.

It is because you do not want to understand it that you will not look up the entire chapter yourself. There is no need for me to post the entire chapter when you have no intention of trying to understand it.

You are cl ...[text shortened]... nd it appears you are destined to remain that way due to your lack of desire to learn the truth.
    if i post a sentence that makes no sense from war and peace, will you be compelled to go read the whole book? is it the fault of the reader that he doesn't understands something taken out of context or is it the fault of the poster?

if you would post a 200 words reply on this forum that had no verbs whatsoever, would it be my job to guess what those verbs are? to put together a reasonable response? or is it your fault?

that post of yours was gibberish and it was your fault
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 15:39
    if i post a sentence that makes no sense from war and peace, will you be compelled to go read the whole book? is it the fault of the reader that he doesn't understands something taken out of context or is it the fault of the poster?

if you would post a 200 words reply on this forum that had no verbs whatsoever, would it be my job to guess what those verb ...[text shortened]... nable response? or is it your fault?

that post of yours was gibberish and it was your fault
    Okay then I'll show you how nice a guy I am, here is the whole chapter of Matthew 12 from the NKJV of the Holy Bible:

At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat. And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, “Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!”

But He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests? Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless? Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple. But if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless. For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Now when He had departed from there, He went into their synagogue. And behold, there was a man who had a withered hand. And they asked Him, saying, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?”—that they might accuse Him.

Then He said to them, “What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out? Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” Then He said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and it was restored as whole as the other. Then the Pharisees went out and plotted against Him, how they might destroy Him.

But when Jesus knew it, He withdrew from there. And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all. Yet He warned them not to make Him known, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:

“Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen,
    My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased!
    I will put My Spirit upon Him,
    And He will declare justice to the Gentiles.
    He will not quarrel nor cry out,
    Nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.
    A bruised reed He will not break,
    And smoking flax He will not quench,
    Till He sends forth justice to victory;
    And in His name Gentiles will trust.”

Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”

Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”

But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you. Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.”

But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here. The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here.

“When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.”

While He was still talking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers stood outside, seeking to speak with Him. Then one said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You.”

But He answered and said to the one who told Him, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree