1. Wat?
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 15:17
    Originally posted by sumydid
    The Creator of all things could never be a narcissist. God couldn't possibly think too highly of himself.

Case closed. Waste of time and effort (other than to clearly demonstrate VS's obsession with tearing God down when he supposedly doesn't believe in Him in the first place)

Let's discuss the narcissistic traits of Allah, or Mohammed, or Buddha, or ...[text shortened]... .

Oh. Sorry. That's not part of your agenda, VS. Carry on then. Sorry to interrupt.
    No! The believers of the Gods can't think outside of 'the box' that was innoculted during early years; i.e. indoctrination.

-m.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 18:01
    Originally posted by sumydid
    his narcissistic traits as derived from what is written about him in the bible.
    -obvious self-focus in his affairs.
    -he has problems sustaining satisfying relationships
    -hypersensitivity to real or imagined insults.
    -vulnerable to shame
    -he's haughty and arrogant.
    -his narcissistic supply is fed by loving and admiring people. he rewards (or promises ...[text shortened]... fore there couldn't possibly be a superior or more appropriate entity to focus His attention on.
    thank you for confirming this point. it doesn't matter if there is no superior or more appropriate entity to focus attention on. personal glorification, deserved or not is a narcissistic trait.

There is no evidence to attest to the claim that God has problems with relationships.

the bible is a testament to biblgod's difficulties in maintaining a relationship with humans in general and in particular, his chosen.

God is not hypersensitive to insults. And obviously if He is God, no insults He would be aware of would be "imagined," i.e. nonexistent.

God is not vulnerable to shame and never demonstrated ever being even close to shamed.

zahlanzi adequately addressed these points. any being who is capable of being jealous is vulnerable to being shamed. biblegod makes no secret of his jealousy.

God is not arrogant - again, if indeed He is God, any focus on Himself or any credit He gives Himself is completely due.

the trait of arrogance is not dependent on credit being due.

God could not have any "narcissistic supply" if He is not a narcissist. This argument is circular because in your evidence, you presume Him to be narcissist as being proof of his narcissism.

god demands adoration; that's a narcissistic trait. his narcissistic supply comes from those who adore him. there is nothing circular about this argument.

God commits no "narcissistic abuse" -- this is once again circular. However, if He is God, then by all means He should detest anything or anyone that doesn't appreciate Him and reject Him.

becoming detested at those who don't adore him is a narcissistic trait. narcissistic abuse and narcissistic rage follows from this detestation. biblegod has demonstrated both narcissistic abuse and narcissistic rage in response to people's rejection or refusal to adore him.

Of course He "claims" to be imporant. If He is God, then nothing and no one could possibly be more important.

you are using circular reasoning here: he claims importance, he is god therefore he is important. claiming importance is a narcissistic trait. this trait does not hinge on the narcissist actually being important.

There's no bragging when it's fact. And by the way God spends precious little time talking about His accomplishments, except in His efforts to argue a point.

it is bragging even if it is a fact.

And again (sigh) - if He is God, then of course He is an expert in all things.

once again, claiming expertise in all things is a narcissistic trait.

You're argument is partially circular and entirely fallacious. On the one hand, you presume--if only to make a point--that God is God, but your entire argument against Him is valid if and only if God is *not* God.

There. Each fallacious, circular point was addressed. I hope you're satisfied, and I assume that at least partially, your goal was to waste my time.

you have failed to show a single flaw in my arguments. my arguments are not hinged at all on biblegod being god or not god. they are hinged solely on the description of biblegod's character and biblegod's actions that we have in the bible.

my goal was not to waste your time. it was to make a revelation. one revelation made is that you have a poor understanding of personality disorders. you should improve your knowledge in the field before continuing your attempts to explain away the points without understanding them.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 08:28
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    thank you for confirming this point. it doesn't matter if there is no superior or more appropriate entity to focus attention on. personal glorification, deserved or not is a narcissistic trait.

There is no evidence to attest to the claim that God has problems with relationships.

the bible is a testament to biblgod's difficulties ...[text shortened]... tinuing your attempts to explain away the points without understanding them.
    You are really hungup on your biblegod character. You need to relax and just let it all sink in. It is nothing to worry about. Don't worry, Be happy. 😏

YouTube
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 09:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come (Matthew 12:31-32).

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    so the holy spirit is more important than jesus? there is a sin that is unforgivable, even though the point of jesus is to forgive any sin as long as you repent?

this is a stupid passage.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 11:49
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    so the holy spirit is more important than jesus? there is a sin that is unforgivable, even though the point of jesus is to forgive any sin as long as you repent?

this is a stupid passage.
    Perhaps it would be better, if you read the whole chapter. Read it out loud and cry out to the Triune God to help you understand it and maybe then it will not be such a stupid passage to you. 😏
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 16:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    NO.

Your argument has one fatal flaw. You do not believe in God. You're treating Him as just a character in a book. He is obviously more than that. This is why you think your argument has validity. You are approaching Him as an imaginary character instead of the One, True God.

As *just* a character in a book, your diatribe might be accurate.

B ...[text shortened]... ion" of Him, because obviously, since He has created Man, He *must* have a sense of humor.
    The most interesting reply.

Try

http://hesedweemet.wordpress.com/2009/05/19/review-humphreys-the-character-of-god-in-the-book-of-genesis-a-narrative-appraisal/
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 17:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are really hungup on your biblegod character. You need to relax and just let it all sink in. It is nothing to worry about. Don't worry, Be happy. 😏

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
    And you are in complete denial. The bible clearly says he is a jealous god. Jealous is an attribute of mankind not a god. A god would be above, way above such immature thinking. Therefore, your god is nothing but an invention of men to control other men and to put women in their place, their place being defined by those men. You worship a manmade invention and you are so profoundly brainwashed you will never see your way out of it. Sad really.
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 18:00
    the christians responding to this don't seem to understand what narcissism is. all sentient beings have personalities. and these personalities are divided into defined traits. for the majority of a population, most of their traits are healthy or not damaged to a level where it makes the individual a danger to society.

the field of psychology has identified certain combinations of traits and behaviors into classifications of personality disorders. there are a whole host of these from schizophrenia to narcissism. what places sentient people in these classifications are a number of symptoms that are defined in each case.

taking an example, a person can build something and may expect to be recognized for that achievement. this in itself is not a narcissistic trait. it can result into a narcissistic trait depending on this individuals behavior when he has not received his expected recognition for his work.

so, let's assume an individual built something and expects recognition for his work. his work is rejected and he is not credited with the accomplishment.

a normal personality may be upset, even justifiably so. but he would get on with his life.

a damaged personality would become shamed and/or enraged. he would seek retribution and punish those whom he considers have wronged and rejected him. he may seek to hurt them or destroy their accomplishments.

this is the basic difference between a healthy personality and a disordered personality. we can extend this trait to biblegod.

biblegod claims to have created the world and everything. he is proud of his work and expects to be recognized.

his response to rejection is acutely unhealthy. he seeks to destroy the accomplishments of those who reject him. he destroys their lives and their families sometimes to many generations past. he plans to torture them for eternity.

this very unhealthy behavior is recognizable as a personality disorder. it may fit into several, but along with other traits and symptoms (outlined in the OP), we can accurately label him a suffering from a narcissistic personality disorder.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 21:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And you are in complete denial. The bible clearly says he is a jealous god. Jealous is an attribute of mankind not a god. A god would be above, way above such immature thinking. Therefore, your god is nothing but an invention of men to control other men and to put women in their place, their place being defined by those men. You worship a manmade invention and you are so profoundly brainwashed you will never see your way out of it. Sad really.
    Don't blame me! I am not smart enough to invent God. 😏
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 21:52
    the christians responding to this don't seem to understand what narcissism is. all sentient beings have personalities. and these personalities are divided into defined traits. for the majority of a population, most of their traits are healthy or not damaged to a level where it makes the individual a danger to society.

the field of psychology has ide ...[text shortened]... in the OP), we can accurately label him a suffering from a narcissistic personality disorder.
    Supposing this God character is in fact crazy, there are three quotes from R. D. Laing that this thread reminded me to look for:

"Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."

"The experience and behavior that gets labeled schizophrenic is a special strategy that a person invents in order to live in an unlivable situation."

"Madness need not be all breakdown. It may also be break-through."
  11. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 23:37
    and all you've done above is prove that you're one of the sycophants feeding his narcissistic supply with the hopes of getting a promised reward.

if he turns out to be real, you may get your reward and an eternal task of maintaining his narcissistic supply.
    There is nothing wrong with being motivated for the reward.
  12. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 00:10
    let's go through some of the characteristics attributed to biblegod.

first, we know from the bible that he claims creating the universe and everything in it. he considers his work as being perfect. he makes claims to knowing everything. he demands admiration and glorification for his work. he demands love and obedience. he flatters and rewards tho ...[text shortened]... ho should be locked up for his own protection and placed under treatment for mental illness.
    Where were you when the world and the universe was created?
    How can you not just get it that within all of you, and me and everything in and around us is SUPERNATURAL? None of us has literally seen God, but God can be seen in His creation.

With God being supernatural and you not, it is just more obvious that with your human mind you can not grasp that this, your argument is that of a fool. You are clearly blinded into thinking you know better and more and that this type of argument is valid, this all just to ease your mind and get followers whom you are pulling down with you.

And don't forget, I am also trying to get followers, not to follow me though, but to follow Jesus.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 01:09
    Originally posted by JS357
    Supposing this God character is in fact crazy, there are three quotes from R. D. Laing that this thread reminded me to look for:

"Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."

"The experience and behavior that gets labeled schizophrenic is a special strategy that a person invents in order to live in an unlivable situation."

"Madness need not be all breakdown. It may also be break-through."
    Society is schizophrenic . Schizophrenia , being very hard to label and more often attributed to certain symptoms than an actual physical description of the illness.
    The best I've come across is "divided self syndrome" . It's a limited description but it points to a certain lack of wholeness , to a schism, a divide...
    So society is schizophrenic. People are divided amongst themselves. Neighbour against neighbour, state against state,etc.

As Chopper said, " Nothing is ever forgotten, even in peacetime your enemies are still your enemies, nothing is ever forgotten."
    This little quote embodies the attitude of , strangely enough, Christians!!
    Someone just said recently said that Jesus expected to divide society and to have enemies. Spreading schizophrenia via his followers?
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 01:19
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Where were you when the world and the universe was created?
    How can you not just get it that within all of you, and me and everything in and around us is SUPERNATURAL? None of us has literally seen God, but God can be seen in His creation.

With God being supernatural and you not, it is just more obvious that with your human mind you can not grasp that t ...[text shortened]... don't forget, I am also trying to get followers, not to follow me though, but to follow Jesus.
    your argument is completely irrelevant to the points regarding biblegod's narcissistic personality disorder.
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 01:20
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    There is nothing wrong with being motivated for the reward.
    that's subjective to the reward being offered and what you have to do to achieve it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree