1. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 17:25
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Are you serious? 🙄

-m.
    Why the heck not? Doesn't motivation drive us all? Maybe perhaps not for you then 😛
  2. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 17:35
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    if you read the whole story from beginning to end, you can only reasonably come to the conclusion that some of it is ludicrous.

you have an eternal being, without beginning and end, that after an eternity of being bored and doing nothing, created the world and in the span of about 1-2 thousand years went from destroying humanity and most of the living t ...[text shortened]... beling the genocides that happened in the old testament as "righteous" is not a true christian
    I have this one friend that believes that we are not the first people to live on earth. There could have been a complete new human race on earth many many times before us.

If it is true, or not we won't know. He works for a local mine and he has seen some serious things coming out of the ground for years now. I don't for one second believe it is part of evolution.

Your assumption of God being bored is a mock.
    Read the story in Genesis again - it is clear you have no clue what happened and the reasons for the genocide.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 18:19
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    And what is difficult about obeying to receive an eternal reward. I am doing no one harm in being a Christian, can you say the same?
    if cronyism is your thing, that's fine. but you need to understand that cronyism can and often does lead to violence on the part of the crony to impress the idol.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 18:26
    page 4 now and not a single point pertaining to biblegod's narcissistic characteristics have been addressed. i guess you've got nothing.

big picture, small picture. all irrelevant. when judging personality disorders, actions and behaviors are judged, not the ultimate motivations, goals or plans of the narcissist.

a narcissist with no power is still a narcissist.
    a narcissist with supreme power is still a narcissist.
    a narcissist with an army of delusional sycophants that feed his narcissistic supply is still a narcissist.
    a narcissist can be a fictional character or a real being.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 01:22
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    page 4 now and not a single point pertaining to biblegod's narcissistic characteristics have been addressed. i guess you've got nothing.

big picture, small picture. all irrelevant. when judging personality disorders, actions and behaviors are judged, not the ultimate motivations, goals or plans of the narcissist.

a narcissist with no power is st ...[text shortened]... stic supply is still a narcissist.
    a narcissist can be a fictional character or a real being.
    It may be because we don't know this biblegod of yours. 😏
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 08:171 edit
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    I have this one friend that believes that we are not the first people to live on earth. There could have been a complete new human race on earth many many times before us.

If it is true, or not we won't know. He works for a local mine and he has seen some serious things coming out of the ground for years now. I don't for one second believe it is part of ...[text shortened]... n Genesis again - it is clear you have no clue what happened and the reasons for the genocide.
    there can be reasons for genocide? and i don't mean reasons like "i am psychotic so i am killing all the people i can find". I mean reasons like "there was no other way". Can you EVER say "there was no other way" to justify the killing of children?

The people were wicked, psychos say. So the omnipotent God couldn't fix the problem in any other way.

We have an ancient population of people, descending from adam and eve and they just got more and more evil. Where was god? why didn't he intervene? we have no mention of any prophet before the flood. no grand miracle to scare the savages into righteousness.

They basically were a bunch of animals, left to their own devices by an uncaring god who left to play bowling or something, and when he came back, the omnipotent god couldn't think of another way to fix things but by destroying not only the wicked people but also the children, the animals, the plantlife. The most idiotic person on the planet, if his home gets flooded because he left the faucet on, doesn't demolish the entire city because of one little problem.

For those that invoke the tl;dr clause: My point is: if you believe there was a global flood, you are ignorant. If you believe the genocide that flood caused was righteous and justified, you are psychotic and you should be committed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree