1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Do you really believe the things you write?

BTW, Alexander's Empire was divided up FIVE ways, not four. From the site I gave:

The turbulent years from 323 to 301 B.C. saw endless conflicts among Alexander the Great's generals which ended with the parceling out of the Alexander's empire and the creation of the first Hellen ...[text shortened]... onus (Asia Minor)
    Lysimachus (Thrace).

That's makes Daniel's prophecy 0 for 3.
    This is from Wikipedia, the free, UNBIASED encyclopedia.

Legacy and division of the Empire
    Main article: Diadochi
    After Alexander's death his empire was divided among his officers, first mostly with the pretense of preserving a united kingdom, later with the explicit formation of rival monarchies and territorial states.

Ultimately, the conflict was settled after the Battle of Ipsus in Phrygia in 301 BC. Alexander's empire was divided at first into four major portions: Cassander ruled in Greece, Lysimachus in Thrace, Seleucus I Nicator ("the winner"😉 in Mesopotamia and Iran, and Ptolemy I in the Levant and Egypt. Antigonus I ruled for a while in Asia Minor and Syria, but was soon defeated by the other four generals. Control over Indian territory was short-lived, ending when Seleucus I was defeated by Chandragupta Maurya, the first Mauryan emperor.

By 270 BC, Hellenistic states consolidated, with:

The Antigonid Empire, centered on Greece and Macedonia
    The Seleucid Empire in Asia
    The Ptolemaic kingdom in Egypt and Cyrenaica
    By the 1st century BC though, most of the Hellenistic territories in the West had been absorbed by the Roman Republic. In the East, they had been dramatically reduced by the expansion of the Parthian Empire and the secession of the Greco-Bactrian kingdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_Great#Legacy_and_division_of_the_Empire

Well...I'm glad we settled that.

2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:47
    That makes Daniel 2 for 3 if we're considering the grammatical arguments.

3 for 3 if we consider what the prophecy actually says and compare it to what happened in history.

Go Daniel!

Better yet, go GOD!
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:54
    Originally posted by Darfius

After Alexander's death his empire was divided among his officers, first mostly with the pretense of preserving a united kingdom, later with the explicit formation of rival monarchies and territorial states.

Ultimately, the conflict was ...[text shortened]... ander_the_Great#Legacy_and_division_of_the_Empire

So in 301 BC it was five; for some period until 270 BC it was four; for a while after 270 BC it was three, etc. etc. etc. All you have to do is keep changing the time frames; 550 BC so the that different Kings can rule over the Medes and Persians; 330 BC for Alexander; 290 BC for the Empire to be divided four ways. It's pretty obvious that by this way of torturing the facts you can ALWAYS make a "prophecy" fit; just change things around enough and VOILA! The prophecy was obviously worthless and your desperate attempts to tie together events 300 years apart is laughable.
  4. Not Kansas
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:55

Ultimately, the conflict was ...[text shortened]... ander_the_Great#Legacy_and_division_of_the_Empire

OK fine and then what happened, where is the US and the Statue of Liberty, given by France? Is this unimportant?
    If so, where is the British Empire? Sun never set on it, where is it? Non-foreseen?

5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:57
    So in 301 BC it was five; for some period until 270 BC it was four; for a while after 270 BC it was three, etc. etc. etc. All you have to do is keep changing the time frames; 550 BC so the that different Kings can rule over the Medes and Persians; 330 BC for Alexander; 290 BC for the Empire to be divided four ways. It's pretty obvious that by th ...[text shortened]... ously worthless and your desperate attempts to tie together events 300 years apart is laughable.
    no1, I'd like you to predict who will be ruling the world 200 years from now and tell me if their empire will ever fall and how many parts it might break up into.

If you can do it, I'll listen to anything you say.

Until then, you just sound like a moron, frankly.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:57
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    OK fine and then what happened, where is the US and the Statue of Liberty, given by France? Is this unimportant?
    If so, where is the British Empire? Sun never set on it, where is it? Non-foreseen?

... and where are the Free Masons who built Washington ?
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:58

God gives prophecies in relation to Israel, always.

The British empire had to contend with France and Spain, it was always held in check.

Frankly, if you want history, read a history book. If you want proof that God is real by Him foretelling future events with 100% accuracy, read the Bible.
  8. Not Kansas
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:59
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

... and where are the Free Masons who built Washington ?
    Burning in hell?
  9. Not Kansas
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 06:01
    God gives prophecies in relation to Israel, always.

The British empire had to contend with France and Spain, it was always held in check.

Frankly, if you want history, read a history book. If you want proof that God is real by Him foretelling future events with 100% accuracy, read the Bible.
    Read what you wrote.
    Its bull, er nonsense
  10. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 06:03
    Read what you wrote.
    Its bull, er nonsense
    How so?

You're asking God to tell you everything that will happen in history rather than what He did.

That's just arrogant and I do NOT see how it discounts the prophecies that are in the Bible.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 06:061 edit
    no1, I'd like you to predict who will be ruling the world 200 years from now and tell me if their empire will ever fall and how many parts it might break up into.

If you can do it, I'll listen to anything you say.

Until then, you just sound like a moron, frankly.
    Since Daniel's prophecy is wrong and was never fulfilled, I don't see what difference it makes. A prediction that the Greeks might eventually defeat the Persians wouldn't have been too shocking in Daniel's time; the Greeks had established city states in Asia Minor by that time. And Daniel never mentioned Alexander so he really didn't successfully predict anything. It's all smoke and mirrors, Darfius.

BTW, check out this website: http://www.historyofmacedonia.org/
    The Macedonians there would be pretty upset to hear Alexander called the "King of Grecia"!
  12. Not Kansas
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 06:08
    How so?

You're asking God to tell you everything that will happen in history rather than what He did.

That's just arrogant and I do NOT see how it discounts the prophecies that are in the Bible.
    So, God did everything up to Alexander and then quit?
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 06:211 edit
    So, God did everything up to Alexander and then quit?
    No, that is just ONE prophecy of the many that are in the Bible.

It was more a point of quality than quantity.
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 06:23
    Since Daniel's prophecy is wrong and was never fulfilled, I don't see what difference it makes. A prediction that the Greeks might eventually defeat the Persians wouldn't have been too shocking in Daniel's time; the Greeks had established city states in Asia Minor by that time. And Daniel never mentioned Alexander so he really didn't successfu ...[text shortened]... The Macedonians there would be pretty upset to hear Alexander called the "King of Grecia"!
    I would urge secular folk to study what actual scholars say and not trust the word of this disgustingly bias amateur.

The best secular scholars can do is question WHEN Daniel wrote it, not whether or not he was totally accurate.

Get some sleep, no1.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 06:35
    I would urge secular folk to study what actual scholars say and not trust the word of this disgustingly bias amateur.

The best secular scholars can do is question WHEN Daniel wrote it, not whether or not he was totally accurate.

Get some sleep, no1.
    You're a joke. Name a SECULAR scholar who's says that this prophecy is "totally accurate." When you deliberately say falsehoods like this it just shows the extent of your fanaticism. YOU'VE twisted the words and the time frames to try and make them fit a preconceived idea that somebody once told you. It doesn't work and saying untruths like in your last post aren't going to fool anybody, Darfius.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree