1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 10:19
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Of course you do, you poor man. You need to feel special.

It is the very foundation of your "belief" and your need to convince others.

Great KING Rat? Does that mean you make yourself above all other rats - kind of - special?

I'm a man.
    I'm a man created in the image of God.
    Even more special - I am a man for whom Jes ...[text shortened]...

it makes God happy.

But how do the other little rats feel about you the Great King Rat ?
    My silly screenname is exactly that, sonship. It holds no significance whatsoever.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 10:211 edit
    [b] Of course you do, you poor man. You need to feel special.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is there some intrinsic crime associated with feeling special?
    You poor post modern nihilist.

Of course we are special. We were especially created in the image of God you know?

It is the very ...[text shortened]... a Jube !! I am the Walrus.

But eventually a man wants to be realistic - like [b]Jesus
    .[/b]
    I didn't say or imply anything about your need to feeling special being "associated with some intrinsic crime". What an odd thing to say. What made you say that?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 10:24
    Of course we are special. We were especially created in the image of God you know?
    Yes, I am aware of one of the major selling points of Christianity. I wonder if you are.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 10:541 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Yes, I am aware of one of the major selling points of Christianity. I wonder if you are.
    Um, non-Chrstians also recognize that there seems to be nothing else on the planet exactly like human beings.

Something sets us apart.
    That is not the sole concept of Christians. I think it is an intuitive sense in human beings of all faiths.

Of course both in East and West thinkers feel frustrated that human society is such a mess. And perhaps like you feel the solution begins with devaluing humanity so we are no better than any other organisms.

"The cock roach is more likely to inherit the earth than people, you know? "

Post modern stuff like that some colleges are pouring out.

"Well, we are only on a second rate planet going around a second rate star, you know?"
    "Well, dinosaurs lasted longer by millions of years than humans yet have. Get over yourself."

These are reactions at the frustration that - if we are special why are we such a mess?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 10:58
    I didn't say or imply anything about your need to feeling special being "associated with some intrinsic crime". What an odd thing to say. What made you say that?
    Sparcely little worded wisecracks sometimes generate sparcely little worded wisecracks.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 11:031 edit
    A multitude which no one could number John saw.

The same concept of them coming from all cultures is seen here.

"And they sing a new song, saying; You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, for You were slain and have purchased for God by Your blood men out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,

And have made them a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign on the earth." (Rev. 5:9,10)

Notice that they do not go to heaven but reign on the earth.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 11:05
    My silly screenname is exactly that, sonship. It holds no significance whatsoever.
    The bible says that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 12:044 edits
    didn't say or imply anything about your need to feeling special being "associated with some intrinsic crime". What an odd thing to say. What made you say that?

However could I misread your tone to think this was a slight, an insulting left handed compliment ?

Of course you do, you poor man. You need to feel special.

How odd that I should not get the genuine complimentary nature of that remark.
    Why you are just encouraging me to be a "poor man", right ?
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 12:25
    Um, non-Chrstians also recognize that there seems to be nothing else on the planet exactly like human beings.

Something sets us apart.
    That is not the sole concept of Christians. I think it is an intuitive sense in human beings of all faiths.

Of course both in East and West thinkers feel frustrated that human society is such a mess. And perhaps l ...[text shortened]... f."

These are reactions at the frustration that - if we are special why are we such a mess?
    "Human society is such a mess"?

That sounds a lot more like the pessimistic theists out there who can't wait for the apocalypse to happen.

Does it bother you, sonship, the thought that we might not be so different from other life forms around us? It does, doesn't it? The idea that you, too, need to take a sht roughly every day, that many of the things you do are controlled by your animalistic instincts, that you, too, will some day die and be gone. That humanity as a whole will some day be gone, either through some kind of catastrophy or because evolution will have changed "us" so much that "we" have become unrecognizable from us.

You want to live forever, terrified of the inevitable, and so you keep telling yourself this and that, and you try to make those around you believe this and that, so that you can live happily in the thought that YOU are different, high above the natural order of things.

This is why I call you a poor man, sonship. Because you live in constant fear every day of your life.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 12:27
    Sparcely little worded wisecracks sometimes generate sparcely little worded wisecracks.
    It wasn't a wisecrack, sonship.

It was "sparcely little worded", I guess. Not everything needs to be an assay.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 12:28
    The bible says...
    And *poof*, you lost me.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 12:29
    didn't say or imply anything about your need to feeling special being "associated with some intrinsic crime". What an odd thing to say. What made you say that?

However could I misread your tone to think this was a slight, an insulting left handed compliment ?

[quote] Of course you do, you poor man. You need to feel special.
    [/quot ...[text shortened]... mplimentary nature of that remark.
    Why you are just encouraging me to be a "poor man", right ?
    It wasn't meant as a compliment. But that still doesn't explain where the "intrinsic crime" thingy came from :/
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 13:04
    What are the surrounding angels doing while John views this huge multitude praising God and the Lamb ?
    Presumably some of them are, if I understand your dogma correctly, along with Jesus, watching over the non-Christians being burned and hung out on chains.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 19:07
    And *poof*, you lost me.
    No I didn't.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 19:171 edit
    A point of this thread is the large number of fortunate receivers of God's salvation.

They come from the four directions of the earth.

"On the east three gates, and on the north three gates, and on the south three gates, and on the west three gates." (Revelation 21:13)

The meaning is that from every corner of the globe God will gather saved people into His city. The people ARE the city actually.

In the Old Testament God's call to all the ends of the earth reflected the same divine desire - that all people from everywhere be saved in His salvation.

"Turn to Me and be saved, All the ends of the earth, For I am God and there is no one else." (Isa. 45:22)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree