1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 14:231 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    "The number of those saved to become New Jerusalem is beyond human counting when John wrote this:"

Notice I wrote "beyond human counting".
    Notice I wrote "when John wrote this."

You do get the point though, I hope - a very large number of human beings brought into the full salvation of the consummate city of God.
    What number is beyond human counting????????
  2. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 15:403 edits
    Originally posted by @stellspalfie
    Once again, perhaps NOW it could be counted.

Notice I wrote " when John wrote this."

Incidently, the few Youtubes on impossibly high numbers like Graham's Number and Tree 3 are very interesting. Numbephil has a couple of neat lectures on ridiculously big numbers.

My focus here is more on God's salvation eventually enjoyed by a gigantic proportion of human beings. I have no debate with you on how high today mathematicians can count.

- sonship
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 15:501 edit
    Tree(3) apparently.

Edit: oops, sonship already mentioned that.
  4. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 16:271 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Innumerable?

How will they handle carbon emissions?

Will it then create a living hell?
    What do you think might be the effect of many times more forests and trees on dry land if "the sea was no more" (Rev. 21:1) ?

- sonship
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 07:39
    Originally posted by @gswilm
    Once again, perhaps NOW it could be counted.

Notice I wrote "[b] when John wrote this."

Incidently, the few Youtubes on impossibly high numbers like Graham's Number and Tree 3 are very interesting. Numbephil has a couple of neat lectures on ridiculously big numbers.

My focus here is more on God's salvation eventually ...[text shortened]... man beings. I have no debate with you on how high today mathematicians can count.

- sonship[/b]
    you may not want to debate it, not much to debate I agree. Just pointing out another glaring mistake in the Bible.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 01:281 edit
    you may not want to debate it, not much to debate I agree. Just pointing out another glaring mistake in the Bible.
    You didn't really though.
    So in modern times you do not ever agree with people using the word "countless" ?

Another glaring mistake from stellspalfie.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 04:161 edit
    New Jerusalem, rather than a place like heaven the saved are going, she is an entity that the saved are becoming.

That is becoming through transformation by salvation in Jesus Christ.
    That is transformation and building up together to be a corporate vessel to contain God.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 04:252 edits
    New Jerusalem as the ultimate destiny of every believer in Christ we might say is also a real "Mrs. Christ". That is why in addition to the city being described as a temple and tabernacle she is a Bride and a Wife of the Lamb. She is brought about to MATCH Jesus Christ,

She is brought about to become a counterpart, a romantic partner of Christ. So John also sees New Jerualem as a Bride adorned for her husband.

"And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Rev. 21:2)

In Genesis when you think about Eve being brought OUT of Adam and back TO Adam to be his wife, you must fast forward to the end of the divine revelation of the Bible. You must compare that preview with the climax of a city of billions or more people coming down out of what God is in Christ to become a Bride adorned FOR Christ.

In Adam - the one became two and the two became one again.
    In Jesus Christ - the one becomes two and the two become one again.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 04:37
    Many people don't know that the word used for what God did to Adam's rib bone was to BUILD it into a woman. The Recovery Version reads -

" And Jehovah God built the rib He had taken from man, into a woman and brought her to the man." (Gen. 3:22)

We get a preview into God's eternal purpose to take some life out of the Son of God and BUILD it into a collective and corporate city. The city is brought back to Christ to marry Christ as His wife for eternity.

Adam slept as the rib was taken out of his side.
    Jesus "slept' as He died on the cross and blood and water came from His side. Blood for redemption and water signifying life. By His shedding His redeeming blood and imparting His divine life Christ produces the church.

The church then must be built up into a corporate vessel filled with the life of Christ to correspond to Christ, to match Christ, to be a counterpart of Christ for His satisfaction.

Genesis and Revelation are like two book ends. Or they are like to reflecting mirrors mirroring one another at the beginning and the end of the whole Bible.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 04:49
    Adam had all the animals brought before him. They were all cool. But none of them matched him. Adam's expectation grew. But nothing matched him.

Then God put Adam to sleep. And extracted a rib from his side and built it into a woman. When Adam was awake again the built woman was brought to him, and he was joyous.

"This time, THIS TIME" he said "It is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh". She matched him as his beloved counterpart.

Jesus, "the last Adam" went to "sleep" in dying on His cross of redemption. And something was taken out of His side also - blood and water. This is meaningful.

" But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water." (John 19:34)

In short out from Christ came that which builds the New Jerusalem. And she is transformed into a counterpart and brought to Jesus Christ to marry Him. The two become one. The wife came out of the husband. He shed His blood to redeem her. He dispensed His life into her to enliven her and impart eternal life into her.

How wonderful it would for some to get saved with a sense that this salvation is needed by God for the building up of the corporate Wife of Christ.

" Lord Jesus, You need to save me from my sins and put Yourself into my spirit, not only for my salvation. But Lord even more for the building up of Your eternal dwelling place and Wife New Jerusalem. Thankyou Lord for including me in this great enterprise of adorning a Wife for the Son of God."
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 20:322 edits
    Today let's mention the gates of pearl. I like this.

" And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was, respectively of one pearl. " (Rev. 21:21)

"Twelve" is the biblical number signifying perfection in eternity.
    "One pearl" signals that the entrance into this eternal city is unique. It is once for all as Christ's death was once for all.

A pearl is formed by an oyster under the sea. When an offending particle lands on the creature, wounding it, it secrets a liquid substance around it from within the oyster. That substance surrounds the wounding object and it becomes a beautiful pearl.

Jesus Christ came to the bottom of the sea of death, this fallen world. And on the cross He was smitten for our sins. He then poured out His life to us and around us a believers. And this pouring out of Christ's life around the offending sins forms the unique entrance into the eternal city New Jerusalem.

It is through His act of pouring out His life the justified sinner can enter into the eternal kingdom of God. His poured out life on our behalf is our way into the eternal city.

I learned this from a speaker in 1974 and was never the same afterwards. There's much more.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 21:46
    This picture of New Jerusalem is really a portrait in symbols of Christ and the church.
    As soon as the justified sinner walks through the gate of pearl immediately he is on the golden street.

Forget the songs saying "streets of gold" because there is only ONE street mentioned in the city. This signifies there is one way to live, one way to walk, one way man has his being. And that is by the divine nature of the Father.

Now you may wonder how ONE street can touch all TWELVE of the gates. The gates are on the four sides - east, west. north, and south. How can this be? The street is a spiral street the goes around and spirals upward more and more.

This means that the tree of life which grows either side of the river of water of life which also spirals around the same direction as the street, is a vine tree.

"And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its [singular] STREET. (22:1)

And on this side and on that side of the river was the tree of life, producing twleve fruits, yielding its fruit each month, and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations." (v.2)

You have a city lying four square that rises like a mountain. The one golden street spirals around so that immediately after you enter one of the pearl gates you are on the golden street.

By coming into the kingdom of God through the death of Christ when He poured out His life for your sins, you are born again with the divine nature of the Father. This is your new way to live. The street is the walking way.

In the middle of the street is the river of the street also spiraling around the same direction the street goes. And on either side of the river of the water of life is the tree of life as a vine tree spreading along the same spiraling turns.

This is the salvation of the Trinity.
    The golden street signifies the divine nature of the Father.
    The tree of life is the divine nature in form of food, the Son, for man to take into himself.
    The river of the water of life is the Holy Spirit is the flowing of God along the same direction.

So we enter into the pearl gate of Christ pouring out His life.
    We walk the golden way of the Father's nature.
    We eat the Son as the tree of life.
    And we enjoy the flowing of the Holy Spirit as the water of life.

Walking the golden way.
    Eating the tree of life.
    Drinking the water of life.

Praise the Lord for the salvation of the Trinity and the eternal city He is building - New Jerusalem.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 10:581 edit
    The Triune God mingles with His people to build the church which enlarged become New Jerusalem. God arrives at the perfect uniting of divinity and humanity for a corporate expression of the invisible God.

The major aspects of the New Jerusalem all remind the careful reader of God's salvation.

The Lamb on the throne means Christ the Redeemer.
    The tree of life as a vine spreading along the river of life points to Christ as well.
    The river of water of life as clear as crystal speaks of the life giving Holy Spirit.
    The golden street conveys the divine nature of the Father.

The Father is also seen as the Creator God on the throne in chapter 4 of a jasper color. Yet the whole city which "having the glory of God" also bares the same color as the Creator, the Father.

The city is called the tabernacle of God which means God lives in the dwelling place.
    The tabernacle of God is also where man worships God.
    This worshipping though is the entire living of man in the city because the street speaks of the way the saved will live and walk.

The Holy Spirit is also strongly indicated in the precious stones. The twelve manner of precious stones mean the saved are transformed in God's salvation. All transformation of the saved takes place by the work of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Why God is triune can never be separated from what God's eternal purpose is. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit operated together in perfect coordination to create man, redeem man, regenerate man, transform man, resurrect man, conform man into the image of Christ the Firstborn Son of God. and to build the saved men and women up together in love and oneness to be the corporate vessel containing the Triune God.

The city is not only the tabernacle of God and the temple of God but also the Wife of Christ and the Bride of Christ. These are different aspects of the climax of God's work. These different aspects are about seeing His eternal purpose from varied angles according to varied needs of God and man.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 11:34
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The Triune God mingles with His people to build the [b]church which enlarged become New Jerusalem. God arrives at the perfect uniting of divinity and humanity for a corporate expression of the invisible God.

The major aspects of the New Jerusalem all remind the careful reader of God's salvation.

The Lamb on the throne means Christ t ...[text shortened]... re about seeing His eternal purpose from varied angles according to varied needs of God and man.[/b]
    The problem with the Trinity sir is that you have God talking to himself on the cross.

"My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?" (Matthew 27:46)
  15. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 21:171 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    The problem with the Trinity sir is that you have God talking to himself on the cross.

"My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?" (Matthew 27:46)
    Consider the difficulty of a two dimensional creature to fully comprehend a three dimensional life. The former only knows two dimensions. When the three dimensional life is contacted there is a certain amount of mystery and incomprehension.

But incomprehensibility does not mean we cannot experience or enjoy.

- sonship

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree