1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    04 May '12 01:25
    Originally posted by JS357
    Maybe it's cyclical?
    Well, sort of. We used to have massive die offs due to meteor impacts and whatnot. Now, however, the extinctions are caused by humans. It's not exactly the same thing.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    04 May '12 01:26
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The total number of non-bacterial species in the world has been estimated at 8.7 million, with previous estimates ranging from two million to 100 million.
    (from Wiki)

Makes your questions unanswerable.
    The question is very answerable.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 May '12 05:14
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The question is very answerable.
    It is unanswerable. The climate change that we are experiencing now, coupled with mans massive changes to the environments world wide, is almost certainly causing speciation amongst some life forms. That many of the larger life forms are going extinct is undeniable, but they make up such a tiny fraction of the total number of species that it is practically irrelevant.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '12 02:32
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What is 'Blastage'? Is that some word in general usage these days?
    I have never heard that word before.

In any case there is nobody who can answer the two questions listed in the OP.
    God alone knows.
    Not only that, but it's not in the Bible, so I guess it has no meaning for you, nor can you possibly imagine what it might mean, even given a general knowledge of word etymology.

/eyeroll
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '12 02:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    For large animals and plants, it is well known that at the current point in time, extinction is exceeding speciation. The stats for smaller creatures however are not known.
    But these rates are very recent and are due to mans influence.
    I can go along with this. Just like global warming, some might even argue that this is clearly obvious, even given the conservative loudmouths who claim it just isn't so.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '12 02:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I can go along with this. Just like global warming, some might even argue that this is clearly obvious, even given the conservative loudmouths who claim it just isn't so.
    Conservatives, like me, say global warming and global cooling are not something we humans should change our lives worring about. God made the seasons and so sometimes it will get cold, even freezing, and other times it will get warm, even hot. So don't worry, be happy! I'm happy. HalleluYah !!!

YouTube
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '12 03:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Now this is not about global warming, it is about the fact that much of the Earth has been taken up by man and his habitats , along with mans 'early' nature to hunt and kill other animals with as much proficiency as possible. It is only quite recently that we have begun to say to the Japanese (as an example that springs to mind, the Japs are not to be singled out here), and agree with what we are saying, and that is : "No, it's not ok to hunt the last few whales alive!!" We have done enough damage to this planet just by our habitations and the land that has been "cleared" for our purposes.
    We dont need to further destroy that which God/nature has provided us with.
    After all how much destruction can be based on the little inch-strip of taste buds on your tongue that tells you meat is so good to eat- no matter what the consequences of the animal/s being slaughtered?
    Is it that much to consider our lives as a whole? Some things still dont sit comfortable with my life, but also I am very blessed in many other areas, so I dont have to run and can stay and "fight" 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree