1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 20:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I always thought that speaking in tongues was faked. It sounded like a bunch of gibberish to me and not like a real language, as is told about in the Holy Bible. There are preachers on Television putting on a show by speaking gibberish and no one can tell what they are saying. I am sure God will give them their reward. I have went through very much the s ...[text shortened]... I feel I know much of the truth, not all, and as Jesus would say, "the truth has set me free."
    The truth as you see it perhaps. That is not truth in reality however. The truth is your god is entirely manmade and just because you can spout biblical verses galore doesn't mean anything about truth, it just means there are creative writers in the ancient past who could whip up a rousing story to control the savage natives.

You are still profoundly brainwashed and never will see truth.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 20:541 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I play on chess.com, blitz chess, 10 minute games, let me know if you join and ill give
    you a whuopin for old times sake.
    I am sure you would for I need much more time to think out a plan in chess to be playing 10 minute games. At the chess club when others are playing 5 minute chess, I usually just watch. I have tried it a few times, but usually lose on time and its no fun losing to me.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 21:001 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The truth as you see it perhaps. That is not truth in reality however. The truth is your god is entirely manmade and just because you can spout biblical verses galore doesn't mean anything about truth, it just means there are creative writers in the ancient past who could whip up a rousing story to control the savage natives.

You are still profoundly brainwashed and never will see truth.
    IMO, you are the brainwashed one. Can you account for the information language in the DNA of living cells, if not a design feature of an intelligent creator, who knows more about computer programming than any information technologist? You simply believe what the religion of the evolutionists tell you to believe. That is what you call real truth, I guess.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 21:15
    I am sure you would for I need much more time to think out a plan in chess to be playing 10 minute games. At the chess club when others are playing 5 minut chess, I usually just watch. I have tried it a few times, but usually lose on time and its no fun losing to me.
    you play on instinct.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 21:241 edit
    How do you account for the information language in the DNA of living cells? Do you just chalk it up to the religion of evolution and don't think anymore about it?
    Let's assume I am unable to account for the information content of the DNA of living cells. I think we will always have deeper and deeper questions to ask about the world. My ignorance about this DNA business, and knowing I am ignorant about it, does not change my lack of belief in deity, to belief in deity. Call me whatever you want, that's just a fact about what's going on inside me.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 21:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you play on instinct.
    My instinct stinks. Ha ha 😀
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 21:47
    Originally posted by JS357
    Let's assume I am unable to account for the information content of the DNA of living cells. I think we will always have deeper and deeper questions to ask about the world. My ignorance about this DNA business, and knowing I am ignorant about it, does not change my lack of belief in deity, to belief in deity. Call me whatever you want, that's just a fact about what's going on inside me.
    From my point of view it makes more sense to me that an intelligent designer had something to do with it. I believe that designer and creator is the God spoken of in the Holy Bible. Like you, I don't know that is the case; but like I said, the explanation given in the Holy Bible for the existence of life is more believeable to me than any other I have heard.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 21:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sounds pretty rational to me. For instance, how can a mere human just categorically say there is no such thing as a god. That would be strong atheism if I have my spectrum right. But it is a big universe and we have not seen a whole lot of it, some telescope work but nothing up close except in our own solar system, where there does not appear to any kind of ...[text shortened]... ng Dolphin theology.

Said alleged deity has for sure made no connection with the human race.
    Not with the whole human race, no.
    This is because most humans operate from inward out and not the other way around.
    It is just such a shock to the average persons ego that well... we are still maturing as a race.
    I believe certain individuals have been contacted.
    But as for a 'god deity', even they say there is none.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 22:58
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Not with the whole human race, no.
    This is because most humans operate from inward out and not the other way around.
    It is just such a shock to the average persons ego that well... we are still maturing as a race.
    I believe certain individuals have been contacted.
    But as for a 'god deity', even they say there is none.
    By "they" do you mean Satan's demons?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 23:01
    Lol. No .... Nothing bad here
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 23:12
    I run out of comments on the chess forum and its Saturday and I am bored waiting for someone to move. I don't intend to come back and start creating new treads, if that is what you mean. But I haven't been run off from RHP as yet. However, I was told I should go play on chess.com for they have a program that checks for cheaters. I am thinking about doing it.
    Well, well, what a surprise. Silicon Ron is back. 😴
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 23:14
    More of your profound brainwashing showing. Your mind is back 2000 years as if nothing has happened in the meantime. As the story in Aurora unfolds we see we don't need Satan around, we have people like him and some who have killed millions.
    No need for a devil when there are people like that. And they are not controlled by your devil if that's what you were going to respond.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 00:01
    From my point of view it makes more sense to me that an intelligent designer had something to do with it. I believe that designer and creator is the God spoken of in the Holy Bible. Like you, I don't know that is the case; but like I said, the explanation given in the Holy Bible for the existence of life is more believeable to me than any other I have heard.
    "From my point of view it..."

From your point of view. Glad to see you acknowledge that. It completes this conversation (from my point of view.)
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 00:321 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    So many reasons.

The nagging questions that were never answered.
    The lack of any personal experiences with the divine.
    Curiosity - so many things were forbidden; various music, TV and movies; study of certain fields of science, etc.
    The overbearing, ridiculously stringent 'moral' code - no lustful thoughts, no swearing, no women speaking in church, ...[text shortened]... nce I moved away from home, and the social pressure to remain in church was gone, that was it.
    A lot of things in your experience, SwissGambit, ring true for me too. And like JS357 I was raised a Roman Catholic, although for me it persisted some considerable time beyond 14 years of age.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 03:32
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Well, well, what a surprise. Silicon Ron is back. 😴
    It is your imagination running wild again. 😀
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree