born again christian

born again christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
...i have not said that JW's decide to
agree or disagree with Biblical condemnation, you have asserted that they do.....
I have not made an "assertion", I have asked you a question about JW's being "umpires" on issue of condemnation, and you have dodged the question 4-5 times already. It was a question posed in direct response to your analogy.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well you said that the Bible condemns the stuff portrayed in Harry Potter but then you said that you don't personally condemn it. When I asked you to explain this, you used a cricket umpire analogy. So, can all JWs cast themselves as "umpires" in this way?
All persons when they act according to the dictates of their consciences are acting like
a cricket umpire, not just Jehovahs witnesses.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
I have not made an "assertion", I have asked you a question about JW's being "umpires" on issue of condemnation, and you have dodged the question 4-5 times already. It was a question posed in direct response to your analogy.
your assertion is that Jehovahs witnesses either reject the Biblical condemnation or not,
its your assertion, not mine.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

so you cannot produce the explicit statement where I have said, 'the Bible condemns
frictional portrayal of murder, homosexuality and adultery', why not, because i never
stated it, that's why, you merely fabricated that I had stated it.
I have quoted verbatim what you said and what I said. It's meaning is clear. It is in the post above starting with "On page 15 you said...". Nothing has been fabricated. I have not put any of my descriptions of what you have said in quotation marks, but my verbatim quotes have been in quotation marks. Nothing has been "fabricated" by me.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
I have quoted verbatim what you said and what I said. It's meaning is clear. It is in the post above starting with "On page 15 you said...". Nothing has been fabricated. I have not put any of my descriptions of what you have said in quotation marks, but my verbatim quotes have been in quotation marks. Nothing has been "fabricated" by me.
no you have not, you made up this statement, 'the Bible condemns fictional portrayal of
murder, homosexuality and adultery' and attributed it to me, a statement i have not
made and you cannot produce where i stated it, because i have not, because you made
it up, because thats what you do.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

your assertion is that Jehovahs witnesses either reject the Biblical condemnation or not,
its your assertion, not mine.
I have been asking a "question" - which you still have not answered - not making an "assertion". You said the Bible condemns stuff like what is portrayed in Harry Potter [and other "sins" too] but that you personally do not condemn it. If you just answer the question - and stop pretending it's an assertion - then maybe you can clear this up. So far it does not add up.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

no you have not, you made up this statement, 'the Bible condemns fictional portrayal of
murder, homosexuality and adultery' and attributed it to me, a statement i have not
made and you cannot produce where i stated it, because i have not, because you made
Well, just address this post then [sorry everybody else for the repetition]

On page 15 you said that "murder, homosexuality and adultery are all condemned in scripture, whether the matter is fictional or otherwise is neither here nor there"

To which I replied: "Saying it is "neither here nor there" doesn't add up, robbie. Do you believe that the Bible condemns that stuff being portrayed in films?"

To which you replied: "what is it about, 'the Bible condemns.....' that you dont understand?"

You then quoted 1 Timothy 4:7.

Seems pretty clear.

Why are you accusing me of "making it up".

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

On pages 15 and 16 of this thread you suggested that the Bible condemns fictional portrayal of murder, homosexuality and adultery. You even quoted 1 Timothy 4:7 to that effect.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well, just address this post then [sorry everybody else for the repetition]

On page 15 you said that "murder, homosexuality and adultery are all condemned in scripture, whether the matter is fictional or otherwise is neither here nor there"

To which I replied: "Saying it is "neither here nor there" doesn't add up, robbie. Do you believe that the Bible con ...[text shortened]... Timothy 4:7.

Seems pretty clear.

Why are you accusing me of "making it up".
'the Bible condemns fictional portrayal of murder, homosexuality and adultery' i did not make this statement, you made it up, because thats what you do.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
On pages 15 and 16 of this thread you suggested that the Bible condemns fictional portrayal of murder, homosexuality and adultery. You even quoted 1 Timothy 4:7 to that effect.
I suggested??, so i have not actually made the statement, you made it up, because thats what you do FMF,

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

'the Bible condemns fictional portrayal of murder, homosexuality and adultery' i did not make this statement, you made it up, because thats what you do.
You said 'murder, homosexuality and adultery are all condemned in scripture" and that "whether the matter is fictional or otherwise is neither here nor there". is this your way of saying that the fictional portrayal of murder, homosexuality and adultery is not condemned by the Bible? That would not be how you would express it in conventional English.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12
1 edit

I suggested??, so i have not actually made the statement, you made it up, because thats what you do FMF,
Here's the quote, verbatim "murder, homosexuality and adultery are all condemned in scripture, whether the matter is fictional or otherwise is neither here nor there". That means both murder, homosexuality and adultery, and fictional portrayals of them, are condemned in scripture, does it not?

Moves
21 Jul 12
1 edit

You are blatantly lying; FMF has twice quoted where you did say it! Repeatedly saying you didn't is just making you look foolish.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
You are blatantly lying; FMF has twice quoted where you did say it! Repeatedly saying you didn't is just making you look foolish.
Like I said earlier, I reckon that robbie has made one or two broad pronouncements on this thread that he does not actually want to stand by anymore, having had them subjected to forum scrutiny, but this dodging and accusations of "fabrication" etc. etc. etc. - while not a perfect exit strategy for him - is [to his way of thinking, anyway] preferable to admitting that he got something wrong.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by divegeester
so where is the statement, where i stated that the Bible condemns fictional murder,
adultery and homosexuality and you cannot find it because i did not make it, what i
did state is that the Bible condemns murder adultery and homosexuality , the term
fictional being added by FMF, because that's what he does, he makes things up,
otherwise produce my statement. the term is neither here nor there is not a
reference to fiction, as you have erroneously assumed, but to the Bibles
condemnation of murder adultery and homosexuality, its just like you people to try
and construe otherwise, because that's what you do, you simply make things up,
because thats what you do. As for lying , FMF lyingly stated i stated the Bible
condemns harry Potter, a lie, i issued no such stament, as for lying FMF lyingly
stated that i stated that I condemned Harry potter a barefaced lie, i have not even
seen the film, so get your facts straight before you issue tour stupid assertions or
otherwise produce the actual statements, which you have not done, because they do
not exist, because that's ll you can do, make up stupid lies as evidenced by your
latest attempts and is one of the reasoins why it really is simply to ignore you, you are incapable of anything else.