1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 11:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No its not correct, i have the dictates of my own conscience and the Biblical perspective
    to weigh up in any given situation, as do most Christians.
    The Bible condemns the material we've been talking about. Do you yourself condemn it too?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 11:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    The Bible condemns the material we've been talking about. Do you yourself condemn it too?
    I dont know, I have not seen the film.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 12:03
    I dont know, I have not seen the film.
    You must have seen films that portrayed things like a murderer getting away with his crime or one that portrays an adulterous relationship in which those involved are happy or one that portrays a homosexual person positively. Can the Bible also be used to condemn a fictional work that portray these kinds of things?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 12:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    You must have seen films that portrayed things like a murderer getting away with his crime or one that portrays an adulterous relationship in which those involved are happy or one that portrays a homosexual person positively. Can the Bible also be used to condemn a fictional work that portray these kinds of things?
    The Bible can be used, yes, even though the subject is fictional, for example, the
    explicit content of an xbox360 game, perhaps because of illicit sex and violence, so
    even though its fictional, the Christians conscience would probably not allow him to
    view such as a source of entertainment. Christians are counselled to ,

(Philippians 4:8) . . .Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are
    of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste,
    whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well spoken of, whatever virtue
    there is and whatever praiseworthy thing there is, continue considering these things.

which has some bearing on the choice of entertainment.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 12:23
    The Bible can be used, yes, even though the subject is fictional, for example, the
    explicit content of an xbox360 game, perhaps because of illicit sex and violence, so
    even though its fictional, the Christians conscience would probably not allow him to
    view such as a source of entertainment. Christians are counselled to ,

(Philippians 4:8) ...[text shortened]... s, continue considering these things.

which has some bearing on the choice of entertainment.
    You claimed that the Bible condemned these kinds of fictional things on pages 15 and 16, and then you denied that you'd claimed that [and made all manner or angry personal remarks] but now you are going back to pretty much the same stance as you took on pages 15 and 16. So what were all the pages full of your rancorous denials for?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 12:421 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You claimed that the Bible condemned these kinds of fictional things on pages 15 and 16, and then you denied that you'd claimed that [and made all manner or angry personal remarks] but now you are going back to pretty much the same stance as you took on pages 15 and 16. So what were all the pages full of your rancorous denials for?
    No I did not claim anything of the sort, you are misunderstanding the text either
    unintentionally or deliberately, I cannot say which, Its not an issue of whether its
    fictional or otherwise my reference to neither here nor there, its whether the choice of
    entertainment violates what is Holy or the conscience, why you fail to grasp this, I
    cannot say.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 12:50
    No I did not claim anything of the sort, you are misunderstanding the text either
    unintentionally or deliberately, I cannot say which, Its not an issue of whether its
    fictional or otherwise my reference to neither here nor there, its whether the choice of
    entertainment violates what is Holy or the conscience, why you fail to grasp this, I
    cannot say.
    Well, readers of pages 15 and 16 will make of it what they will; same goes for your rather odd and caustic demeanour ever since I tackled you on what I saw as your inconsistency and back peddling. People will make of it what they will.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 13:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, readers of pages 15 and 16 will make of it what they will; same goes for your rather odd and caustic demeanour ever since I tackled you on what I saw as your inconsistency and back peddling. People will make of it what they will.
    cheap comments, pretty vacant.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 13:13
    cheap comments, pretty vacant.
    As I say, people will make of it what they will.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 14:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    As I say, people will make of it what they will.
    out to lunch!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 16:30
    so where is the statement, where i stated that the Bible condemns fictional murder
    Here it is for what must be the 4th or 5th time by now:

robbie carobbie:

"homosexuality and adultery are all condemned in scripture, whether the matter is fictional or otherwise is neither here nor there..."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree