Bowing to Mary is a Sin!

Bowing to Mary is a Sin!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
14 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
When you continually use your definiton of 'bigoted' rather than your Maker's, then can you honestly expect anything better than hell?
Who's asking? and besides: Why would I wanna miss all the good roasts, baked patatoes and Pastries.,,, just to sit in heaven sharing a can of tuna with god , because He dont see any sense in cooking for only 2.

The Apologist

Moves
14 Mar 05

Originally posted by pcaspian
[b]Catholics damn more people to hell than atheists do. And at least atheists are up front about their intentions.

Darf.

Question. Who created the Bible you read today ?[/b]
The early Christians. If you mean who canonized it, that would be the Catholic council led by the Holy Spirit (though not because they were Catholic).

p

Graceland.

Moves
14 Mar 05

The early Christians. If you mean who canonized it, that would be the Catholic council led by the Holy Spirit (though not because they were Catholic).

Ok, but at which point did the Catholic church go wrong ?

The Apologist

Moves
14 Mar 05

[b]The early Christians. If you mean who canonized it, that would be the Catholic council led by the Holy Spirit (though not because they were Catholic).

Ok, but at which point did the Catholic church go wrong ?[/b]
Well, aside from canonizing some rather dubious books that are now apocypha, they went wrong when they placed their man-made traditions on a higher level (or any significant level for that matter) than the Word of God.

p

Graceland.

Moves
14 Mar 05

Well, aside from canonizing some rather dubious books that are now apocypha, they went wrong when they placed their man-made traditions on a higher level (or any significant level for that matter) than the Word of God.

If they were led by the Holy Spirit, I don't think any of the books they cannonised could be 'dubious'. As for man made traditions, yes I agree with you that God should be placed first, however does every evangelical church not have man made traditions ? Forinstance, do you support the view that woman should be allowed to preach in Church ?

pc

The Apologist

Moves
14 Mar 05

If they were led by the Holy Spirit, I don't think any of the books they cannonised could be 'dubious'.

Being led by and being forced by are two different things. The Holy Spirit assured that all the right books would be included, whereas man's free will was not violated when some wrong books were included (though later the Holy Spirit fixed this through the Reformation).

As for man made traditions, yes I agree with you that God should be placed first,

Are you Catholic? If so, and you agree with me, why are you still? Their claim that salvation cannot be found outside the Catholic Church is clearly false, heretical, and a means to an end.

however does every evangelical church not have man made traditions ?

I'm not sure. I doubt it. Most Protestant churches adhere only to the Bible, though they admittedly have different interpretations. When I find a suitable church, it will be one that adheres only to the Bible.

Forinstance, do you support the view that woman should be allowed to preach in Church ?

pc

No. The Bible is clear in that women should not lead men spiritually. However, I would support women leading children and younger women spiritually. In fact, they would probably be best for it. And of course this viewpoint does not mean that I consider women the lesser gender. Rather I believe God was quite clear in how we could all learn to better our walk in Him in our own ways.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
14 Mar 05

Darfius, has your stance on women in ministry changed. I vaguely remember, or maybe it was RB, saying he didn't have a problem with it. I tend to see it as a cultural thing of that time, though when I hear Jan Crouch, Paula White, and Joyce Meyers, I tend to agree.

The Apologist

Moves
14 Mar 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
Darfius, has your stance on women in ministry changed. I vaguely remember, or maybe it was RB, saying he didn't have a problem with it. I tend to see it as a cultural thing of that time, though when I hear Jan Crouch, Paula White, and Joyce Meyers, I tend to agree.
No, my stance hasn't changed, it's been detailed.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
14 Mar 05

[b]The early Christians. If you mean who canonized it, that would be the Catholic council led by the Holy Spirit (though not because they were Catholic).

Ok, but at which point did the Catholic church go wrong ?[/b]
when some bible thumping faith - healing speaking in tongues con man figured out he could pack more suckers into his circus tent nightly by making inflammatory anti- Catholic rants.

The Apologist

Moves
14 Mar 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
when some bible thumping faith - healing speaking in tongues con man figured out he could pack more suckers into his circus tent nightly by making inflammatory anti- Catholic rants.
Or...the Inquisition?

p

Graceland.

Moves
14 Mar 05

Are you Catholic? If so, and you agree with me, why are you still? Their claim that salvation cannot be found outside the Catholic Church is clearly false, heretical, and a means to an end.

I am protestant, like you. I have however been to a few Catholic services and believe that are Catholics, just as there are Protestants who will obtain salvation. Mel Gibson for one is a Catholic and many protestants agreed with his interpretation of The Passion of the Christ.

No. The Bible is clear in that women should not lead men spiritually. However, I would support women leading children and younger women spiritually. In fact, they would probably be best for it. And of course this viewpoint does not mean that I consider women the lesser gender. Rather I believe God was quite clear in how we could all learn to better our walk in Him in our own ways.

Ok, now there are however many protestant churches that have woman leaders amongst them. Does this give the Catholic ground for dismissing all protestants as heretics ?

The Apologist

Moves
14 Mar 05

I am protestant, like you. I have however been to a few Catholic services and believe that are Catholics, just as there are Protestants who will obtain salvation. Mel Gibson for one is a Catholic and many protestants agreed with his interpretation of The Passion of the Christ.

Well, cults are subtle. I'm sure if you went to a Mormon service, they would appear ok at first. However, we should use the Word of God and not out opinions to decide who belongs to Him. I agree with Mel's movie, except the part where Mary stares down the devil as if she can do anything. Oh, also there wasn't enough focus on Jesus' resurrection, as usual with Catholics. They like to focus on His defeat, rather than His victory, as follows when Satan founded them.

Ok, now there are however many protestant churches that have woman leaders amongst them. Does this give the Catholic ground for dismissing all protestants as heretics ?

Catholics have no grounds to do anything, so no. However, those churches who do are clearly in error and are ignoring Scripture to appeal to more people. This is never good.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
14 Mar 05
1 edit

Or...the Inquisition?
Ah but thru the grace of god they repented ,, meantime back at the tent.

" GAWD spoke to me last night and told me THE POPE is gypsy cult daddy , Dem Catholics is gonna be theiving all your monies lessun yall gimme it.
Now where did dat snake crawl off too ,, I wanna show ya's a bless ed mircle.

p

Graceland.

Moves
14 Mar 05

Catholics have no grounds to do anything, so no. However, those churches who do are clearly in error and are ignoring Scripture to appeal to more people. This is never good.

Ok, lets check, what are the requirements for being a Christian and reaching salvation ? How in your view does this mean a Catholic does not obtain salvation ?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
14 Mar 05

[b]

And the Catholic Churches says we shouldn't beable to know if we are going to Heaven, when the Bible says we can know that we have eternal life.