Bowing to Mary is a Sin!

Bowing to Mary is a Sin!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Mar 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
And the Catholic Churches says we shouldn't beable to know if we are going to Heaven, when the Bible says we can know that we have eternal life.
No you can't, unless you are God. Are you God, RBHILL?

The Apologist

Moves
14 Mar 05

Originally posted by pcaspian
Originally posted by Darfius
[b]
Catholics have no grounds to do anything, so no. However, those churches who do are clearly in error and are ignoring Scripture to appeal to more people. This is never good.

Ok, lets check, what are the requirements for being a Christian and reaching salvation ? How in your view does this mean a Catholic does not obtain salvation ?
[/b]
The requirements for being a Christian are to make Jesus Lord of your life, believe He died on the cross to cover your sins and then literally rose from the dead to conquer it. Also, by making HIm Lord of your life, you must follow His rules that are laid out clearly in the Bible, and if you do not and do not repent, you lose your salvation.

The Apologist

Moves
14 Mar 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Scripture says we can.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
14 Mar 05

No, I am not God, but God says we can know and Amen and Praise God for that!

Then tell me what this says:

1 John 5:13 - I write this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life.

When you become a Christian You are given the Holy Spirit.
Here is another one.
1 John 5:20 - And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, to know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

p

Graceland.

Moves
14 Mar 05

The requirements for being a Christian are to make Jesus Lord of your life, believe He died on the cross to cover your sins and then literally rose from the dead to conquer it. Also, by making HIm Lord of your life, you must follow His rules that are laid out clearly in the Bible, and if you do not and do not repent, you lose your salvation.

Ok, now what do you believe Catholics do wrong in this instance ?

The Apologist

Moves
14 Mar 05

1 John 5:13 - I write this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life.

Here is another one.
1 John 5:20 - And we know that the ...[text shortened]... and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
Amen to that. Praise the only True and Living God.

The Apologist

Moves
14 Mar 05

Originally posted by pcaspian
[b]The requirements for being a Christian are to make Jesus Lord of your life, believe He died on the cross to cover your sins and then literally rose from the dead to conquer it. Also, by making HIm Lord of your life, you must follow His rules that are laid out clearly in the Bible, and if you do not and do not repent ...[text shortened]... ou lose your salvation.

Ok, now what do you believe Catholics do wrong in this instance ?[/b]
I'll answer this with a quote from my Lord Jesus:

1Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2“Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!”
3Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.’[b] 5But you say that if a man says to his father or mother, ‘Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is a gift devoted to God,’ 6he is not to ‘honor his father[c]’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8“ ‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me. 9They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.’[d]”

10Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11What goes into a man's mouth does not make him ‘unclean,’ but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him ‘unclean.’ ”

12Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

13He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14Leave them; they are blind guides.[e] If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

15Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

16“Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17“Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man ‘unclean.’ 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20These are what make a man ‘unclean’; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him ‘unclean.’ ”

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Mar 05

Here is another one.
1 John 5:20 - And we know that the ...[text shortened]... and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
Where does it say that one specific man can know that he personally is going to Heaven? You don't have the knowledge of God and God will decide if you're saved or not, not you. You guys are blasphemers to believe that a man can know such a thing and even more of blasphemers to presume that YOU know whether other men will be damned or not. And I notice you rarely actually cite the words of Jesus himself: didn't He say "With God all things are possible?"

The Apologist

Moves
15 Mar 05

Where does it say that one specific man can know that he personally is going to Heaven? You don't have the knowledge of God and God will decide if you're saved or not, not you. You guys are blasphemers to believe that a man can know such a thing and even more of blasphemers to presume that YOU know whether other men will be damned or not. And I n ...[text shortened]... y actually cite the words of Jesus himself: didn't He say "With God all things are possible?"
It clearly says all men can know. And God lets us know when we adhere to His word. No, we cannot judge other men's salvation, but we CAN point out when they are in error, using God's word.

And yes, with God all things are possible, EXCEPT contradiction. God CANNOT lie.

Therefore everything in the Bible is absolute Truth.

R

California

Moves
15 Mar 05

Where does it say that one specific man can know that he personally is going to Heaven? You don't have the knowledge of God and God will decide if you're saved or not, not you. You guys are blasphemers to believe that a man can know such a thing and even more of blasphemers to presume that YOU know whether other men will be damned or not. And I n ...[text shortened]... y actually cite the words of Jesus himself: didn't He say "With God all things are possible?"
But you see God is a just God and without Jesus you are doomed.

R

California

Moves
15 Mar 05

It clearly says all men can know. And God lets us know when we adhere to His word. No, we cannot judge other men's salvation, but we CAN point out when they are in error, using God's word.

And yes, with God all things are possible, EXCEPT contradiction. God CANNOT lie.

Amen to that!

p

Graceland.

Moves
15 Mar 05

I'll answer this with a quote from my Lord Jesus:

Darf, your quote is in reference to Jews, "Holy men" who were strict on passing laws, but lax on following those laws themselves. Why do you believe Catholics fall in this category ?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 05

Where in the Bible did Jesus say "With God all things are possible EXCEPT CONTRADICTION"????????? You're putting your own words in Jesus' mouth and you call yourself a Christian? I'll find the exact passage but you KNOW he never said such a thing.

R

California

Moves
15 Mar 05

Talk about blasphemy, the Catholic Church claims to be God on earth know that is blasphemy.

R

California

Moves
15 Mar 05

Where in the Bible did Jesus say "With God all things are possible EXCEPT CONTRADICTION"????????? You're putting your own words in Jesus' mouth and you call yourself a Christian? I'll find the exact passage but you KNOW he never said such a thing.
Your not a Christian so I would be quit.