1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 00:38
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Yes the text exists. But back on topic, evaluating that it is an infallibly true account of the way things are is to interpret it some way:

[/i]http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/interpret[i]
    [b]to construe or understand in a particular way: to interpret a reply as favorable.
    [/b]
    that is fine Aggy, but as yet i have not stated anything about the verses quoted
    other than to let them speak for themselves, that is not an interpretation, its something
    entirely different, a presentation rather than an interpretation.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 00:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    that is fine Aggy, but as yet i have not stated anything about the verses quoted
    other than to let them speak for themselves, that is not an interpretation, its something
    entirely different, a presentation rather than an interpretation.
    I am a fire breathing hobgoblin.

Do you interpret this statement as a factual account of the way things are, or as a dishonest statement used for debating utility (or otherwise)?

Now play the same game with respect to how you evaluate the text written in the Bible.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 00:43
    [b]I am a fire breathing hobgoblin.

Do you interpret this statement as a factual account of the way things are, or as a dishonest statement used for debating utility (or otherwise)?

Now play the same game with respect to how you evaluate the text written in the Bible.[/b]
    but does the bible say you are a fire breathing hobgoblin?

if it does, then i would ask you the be careful around my books with that flamethrower of yours.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 00:45
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    but does the bible say you are a fire breathing hobgoblin?

if it does, then i would ask you the be careful around my books with that flamethrower of yours.
    It doesn't say I'm not ;]
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 00:46
    [b]I am a fire breathing hobgoblin.

Now play the same game with respect to how you evaluate the text written in the Bible.[/b]
    If you say you are a fire breathing goblin then who am i to dissuade you? As for the
    factuality of the account, it exists independently of whether i believe its accurate or
    otherwise.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 00:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    If you say you are a fire breathing goblin then who am i to dissuade you? As for the
    factuality of the account, it exists independently of whether i believe its accurate or
    otherwise.
    Robbie, you know as well as I know that I've been wasting my time this last hour trying to make you understand something you merely *pretend* is beyond your grasp. I refuse to put you in the same intellectual little league as the likes of Dasa or RJHinds.

With that I must walk away from this.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 00:52
    Robbie, you know as well as I know that I've been wasting my time this last hour trying to make you understand something you merely *pretend* is beyond your grasp. I refuse to put you in the same intellectual little league as the likes of Dasa or RJHinds.

With that I must walk away from this.
    Aggy, what can i say, the Bible interprets itself.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 01:42
    It doesn't say I'm not ;]
    then who are you to make thinking actions with your brain? all you need to know is in the bible

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree