1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 13:45
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    your jesus is not the same jesus as my jesus
    yes i understand that, has it relevance to anyone but you?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 13:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thanks it not many who give the benefit of the doubt, there are literally thousands of
    extant parchments, manuscripts, codices and papyri, no new books are though to have
    been discovered among these.
    Do you mean here that no new books discovered amongst theses are thought to be part of the Bible? Or rather are thought not to be intended by God to be part of the Bible.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 14:03
    yes i understand that, has it relevance to anyone but you?
    it has to me that you believe your god and jesus to be real.
    it has to atheists who bash christianity because of your jesus and your god.

atheists disagreeing with religion only have two arguments to support their stance: the fact that one shouldn't hold something to be true without proof (which can be ignored since us illogical humans believe stuff like that all the time just to be comfortable) and people like you.

so yes, it does affect me that you think the supreme being is capable of mass genocide, unpredictable mood swings, unfair laws and so on. it doesn't affect me much though, and i don't lose any sleep over your beliefs. but it does affect me nonetheless.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 14:43

atheists disagreeing with religion only have two arguments to support their stance: the fact that one shouldn't hold something to be true without proof (which can be ignored since us illogical humans believe stuff l ...[text shortened]... much though, and i don't lose any sleep over your beliefs. but it does affect me nonetheless.
    ok, whatever, i still have no issues with my God or the Law.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 16:32

atheists disagreeing with religion only have two arguments to support their stance: the fact that one shouldn't hold something to be true without proof (which can be ignored since us illogical humans believe stuff l ...[text shortened]... much though, and i don't lose any sleep over your beliefs. but it does affect me nonetheless.
    Tell us more about your Jesus. The Bible's Jesus is the "inventor of hell" [Mark Twain]. Is your Jesus a kinder version?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 16:581 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    "And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever." (Exodus 21:5-6)

if its okay for god then its ok ...[text shortened]... now wheres my aul? is anybody going to tell god that views like this are not cool these days.
    Totally agree. Every Christian should own a few atheist slaves... 😀
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 17:15
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Tell us more about your Jesus. The Bible's Jesus is the "inventor of hell" [Mark Twain]. Is your Jesus a kinder version?
    in my opinion christianity should revolve around what jesus said we should do while alive. not on a hypothetical stick(hell) and carrot(heaven) god may wave in front of us.

one should live according to jesus' teachings because it is right. not because one would want to go to heaven ( and not hell)

i have a problem with the concept of eternal damnation. i would rather think that punishment for the wicked would be to be deprived of god's presence until they come to terms with what they did and how they spent their lives. eternity is a long time to spend in unbelievable agony because you made some bad choices in 40-60 years of life.

i have a problem with the reasons one would go to heaven/hell. repent of your sins and accept jesus and you get into heaven even if you are a serial killer? lead an exemplary life full of compassion and love as an atheist or a muslim and get sent to hell? i think not.

i believe that jesus, son of god was indeed sent on earth. i believe he was sent to teach us how to live a good life. i don't believe that such a being full of love would take revenge on someone just because he doesn't believe in him.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 19:56
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The idea of Hell is based in the concept of Gehenna which is older than Jesus.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 20:01
    because it as replaced a by a new covenant or agreement, no one is doing away with
    the word of God, do you understand the term, covenant?
    So just to be clear the old testament is consigned to the dustbin of christianity?
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 20:05
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Totally agree. Every Christian should own a few atheist slaves... 😀
    better check you can accommodate a bible in your colon first.😉
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 20:36
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    better check you can accommodate a bible in your colon first.😉
    No big deal .. the Bible is already up my colon.
    My atheist slaves would have Bible readings for two hours before breakfast, before lunch and before dinner. Hungry slaves are more co-operative and receptive to the truth. 😀
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 20:47
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    No big deal .. the Bible is already up my colon.
    My atheist slaves would have Bible readings for two hours before breakfast, before lunch and before dinner. Hungry slaves are more co-operative and receptive to the truth. 😀
    slaves that get breakfast, lunch, and dinner; thats a better deal than I'm getting now; sign me up 😛
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 20:50
    So just to be clear the old testament is consigned to the dustbin of christianity?
    no, the principles remain, you are confusing the so called old testament, Hebrew
    portion, with the Mosaic Law, which takes up a mere five books or so, please try to
    ascertain accurate knowledge.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 21:523 edits
    slaves that get breakfast, lunch, and dinner; thats a better deal than I'm getting now; sign me up 😛
    Col 4:1 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.

Christians are required to treat all people around them with love and charity.

There are some slaves who were disappointed when slavery was abolished. Life was harder for them.
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 23:30
    sure whatever rocks your socks, if degrading other people is your thing, then who am I
    to stop you, if you think its the same as the holocaust then who am i to change your
    perceptions, as i stated, it was good enough for the Christ.
    You degrade yourself by holding firm to such a distorted interpretation of the Bible

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree